I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sherlock Holmes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sherlock Holmes
    Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 20:59
I went to see Sherlock Holmes today and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The acting in the film was really good.  I thought that Robert Downey JNR and Jude Law had a really good acting partnership and they worked well together.  Robert was really funny as Sherlock Holmes and he brought a quirkiness to the role, and Jude did well as Watson.  Would of been nice to have a cameo from Jeremy Brett if he was still alive, although I thought I saw David Burke (Watson in the series) in one of the scenes.  The backing cast were really good as well.  I would highly recommend everyone to see the film if they have a chance too.
I think it might be one of the best films which Guy Ritchie has directed I never even knew he directed it till the end of the film LOL

Edited by Catwoman - 29 Dec 2009 at 21:01
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:39
That's good, I'm going to see it in a couple of weeks :-)
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 21:27
Went to see this the other day. Hugely enjoyable. Downey is very charismatic in the role and I thought he captured Holmes' maniacal genius very well.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
 Post Reply Post Reply