I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Aida's World Famous SCD Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Final, December 19th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Final, December 19th
    Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 00:12
I know, I know - thanks so much for all of your warm and good wishes - I *am* getting better, just a bit slowly! Anyway, I decided that I had to take my lap-top to bed and write the blog or I'd never have got it done because I'm so far behind with Christmas preparations - I also wanted to write it before I had a trawl around the forums (especially the PP) and started to get incensed and 'ranty'!

Okay, it’s over now, but I’m writing this as I saw it live - not an easy task on the half a bowl of chicken soup and slice of dry toast which is all I can hope to keep down tonight - not necessarily due to the ‘flu virus.   The hubba’s also off his tucker and having a ham-and-cheese toastie while sulkily conducting an ongoing feud with the junior cat who managed to fall out of the loft yesterday just as the hubba was ascending the ladder into it to fetch the Christmas decorations.

Solomon (the cat) perceiving the hubba as his saviour, clung on to the nearest available body-part - which turned out to be his forehead! The hubba now bears a marked resemblance to Harry Potter, a grudge against the cat, and impotent fury for me since I was supposed to be watching the little furry blighter to prevent him getting into the loft, but, overcome by the ’flu, had fallen asleep while watching ’Strictly Ballroom’! O.O

Anyway, we’re both sat here in ‘jamas, OD’d on Lem-Sips and Buttercup syrup and picking listlessly at what passes for our dinners while all five cats are sitting on the draining-board in the kitchen, ears pricked expectantly, waiting for the Chinese meal to be delivered. We should tell them - but - what the Hell - into every life a little rain has to fall - I’m expecting a deluge myself around 9:50 tonight!

And we’re off - Tactless Tess wrapped tightly in Baco-foil (plus the sacred belt) to remind us that it’s nearly Christmas - all she needs is one of those little popper-out things to tell us when she’s done! Pop, with special Finale-crazed eyes, is yammering on and on and telling his usual banal jokes - then crossing to that crashing bore Lineker just to prove there are people even worse than him at fronting a telly programme - God help us - they’ve even hauled Motty in on the act! Wot bollox!

Well, it’s no more than I expected - filler, filler, filler - do they think we’re Americans/goldfish and need to be reminded every three minutes or so what has gone before?

Oh look - the fat bloke in the hat is back in the band - is any bugger every going to dance - yes, here come The Sparklers - gorgeous dress, superb quickstep, standing ovation, Bruno cadenza, perfect score. As if it mattered.

Now it’s the Krankies - way too much ’slop’ in the training VT - dress - overdone - why does every dress she wear look common, even the ballroom gowns? The dance looked good, but not on the same planet as The Sparklers - pivot, pivot, pivot. And the audience are up again - have the management installed ejector seats?   I think Bruno’s the worse for drink - and so’s Len - and if the judges are sharing a bottle of gin under the table, they should stop giving any more to Alesha - now!

Backstage with Tactless, The Krankies pull another smart PR move out of the bag - Ooh-la-la’s parents have turned up (unexpectedly, yawn) from Poland! It’s her Dad’s birthday! Yeah, right! (insert icon of choice - mine’s a ‘rolling eyes’)

Whizzing on to - more filler - Good God, surely they aren’t going to show the entire series again? Phew - no - just snippets - beginning with:-

Il Divino and La Hingis - how drab and dull is she? To pinch Craig RH‘s phrase (which he pinched from ‘Kath & Kim‘), she’s the absolute epitome of a ‘stunned mullet’ - you had a lucky escape there, Matthew, my love!

Little Lil and The Jockey whose name I’ve forgotten - she’s a beauty, but even the hubba hated that get-up - which is just as well, I feared the sight of her might precipitate a relapse.

Ravioli - I do hope that this series is the last we ever see of that Ginger Bint - she’s atrocious - mind you, old Thunderthighs Rav had all the grace of a stampeding bull-elephant!

Oxo Mum and Diddy Darren - an aged Auntie (after numerous sherries) and reluctant nephew (duty-dancing) at a wedding - next!

Stumblin’ Joe and The Hussy - one still stumblin’, one still writhin’ and wrigglin’!

No, Forsyth - it wasn’t ‘lovely’ to see them all again - it was just a reminder of how lousy this series has been - and on we go to -

The Lindy-Hop - a dance I’ve never seen before and don’t care if I never see again! More fulsome praise for The Krankies who are lucky enough to have been born short-arsed enough to be ‘made’ for this dance! Get away - wasn’t it *lucky* for them that it was chosen for the final, possums?

Note to Pop Forsyth: The bliddy audience leap to their feet after every dance, you old ninny, because THE FLOOR-MANAGER TELLS THEM TO!!!!

Garrrggghhhhhh!!

I know Bruno isn’t the most popular bunny in the forest, but I love him - he makes me laugh (and cough) sooooo much - it must be an ‘Italian’ thing!

More filler - Oh, look - various people, the majority of whom will no doubt want the clowns to win, starting with - nooooooooooooo - bliddy Westlife - please, please God, haven’t I suffered enough this week! Don’t let them sing! O.O

Ho-hum, lest we forget what’s happened so far, clips are shown - again - and then we’re on to more *gallant* losers beginning with:-

Skippy and The Kiwi - she’s worse than I remembered, actually, she’s beyond ‘hopeless’!

Zoe and ‘Ubiquitous’ Jordan (male) - I’m sick of the sight of him - she was good, she should have been partnered with Il Divino!

Fast Flavia and The Deluded Div - he’s still ‘dancing’ like a filleted haddock!

At last - a proper highlight :-

Jade and Ian’s tango - I’ve been looking forward to this, and I’m very glad to see that Jade’s recovered enough to appear tonight. She looks gorgeous (and so does the lovely Ian) - and the dance is glorious and could have looked even more so if danced to proper tango music!

What’s this? Is this some kind of joke? Poor bliddy Alesha - she probably thought they’d let her promote her new single when the powers-that-be told her she’d be singing - instead, she gets stiffed with doing her bit for Help the Aged! O.O   Well, I’m her only fan on here and I thought she was great - if the BBC had an ounce of sense that’s what she *would* be doing next year, co-presenting the show and helping Old Methuselah to stagger through his bits!

Half-time at last - thank God - the cats are prowling around and getting very restless and it seems to be gradually dawning on them that no Chinese food is to be forthcoming tonight, so I decide to give them what’s left of my chicken-soup to appease them. As I’m passing the Christmas tree, accompanied by all five of them, wowling and waving their tails around, a sparrow flies out from the depths of the tree and misses the top of my head by a mere inch, causing me to scream, fall over the senior cat and split my ‘jama trousers from stem to stern.

Crawling rapidly into the kitchen, moaning in disbelief, covered in cold chicken-soup which is being licked off me by five uncaring cats and displaying more of myself than I usually do outside of the privacy of our bedroom, I heard the poor hubba cursing, rampaging around, coughing as if he was on his last breath and finally opening the living-room window to release the captive.   

He came into the kitchen (breathing like Darth Vader) to pick me up and we gazed at one another in wild surmise, the same questions quivering, unspoken, on our lips - just how long had the poor little feathered friend been cowering in the tree, which one of the furries had brought it in, were our hearts strong enough to stand many more shocks like this - and why do things like this always happen to us? O.O

The Final Finale
And we’re back - a quick shower and a pair of clean ‘jamas donned, a medicinal brandy clutched in my hand, the evil horde banished upstairs in disgrace - and for the first shock of the evening, Tactless seems to be wearing a DECENT FROCK!!      No, hang on, take that back - I hadn’t seen the skirt! Vermin strikes again!

More filler, kicking off with: -

Ricky Goldfish (Herr Flick) and Erin - as loony as ever.

Vinthent and Nat’lie - okay, they weren’t great, but I loved them.

Awww, Ali and Brian - I could go on and on, but I won’t - they were wonderful, just magical.

Hmmm - no Laila - did anyone really expect her to turn up?

And straight from the sublime to the ridiculous - or, as the BBC and the GBP would phrase it, the ‘marvellous entertainers’!   Yes, it was amusing, yes, it’s a crowd-pleaser, yes, they haven’t changed a step of it or, indeed, added a single Charleston step, but according to Pop Goodman it’ll be a Strictly ‘classic’!   Not to me, it won’t, mate - but it does offer new possibilities to future celebs who can’t hack Latin - Ooooh, the Charleston’s a Latin dance, isn’t it? We’ll do that!   

And what a surprise - a full set of tens - I wish I’d been as sure of my numbers on the lottery!

Once the audience have been sedated and strapped back in their seats, out come The Sparklers to do their best with a char x 3 - not my favourite dance by a long chalk although it looked very good - I’m losing the will to live now and trying not to feel desperately sorry for them for being such noble fools as to actually imagine doing the right steps, beautifully, would matter - I’m sure I wouldn’t go all out and try my damndest under similar circumstances, but they do, and all credit to them!

The Show dances :-

The Krankies: - what the f*ck was that supposed to be? I’m no dance-expert, but was it a jive? A char char char? A salsa? Another Lindy-Hop? Nope, just another manic ‘happy-go-lucky’ bout of waving arms frantically whilst lepping around with open gobs and throwing in a couple of lifts.

The Sparklers: Breathtaking from start to finish! God Help them, because the GBP won‘t!

I’ve voted, but I think I might as well have put the money in my new shoes jar - never mind - more banal filler - some previous contestants who (thankfully) can’t be with us tonight - hooray!   Brian and The Hussy - I wish she’d just go back to wherever and take that Ginger Bint with her - I don’t like her dancing with my beautiful Matthew.

Lord above, Lisa Wotsit hasn’t missed many dinners since she was on the show, has she?   I’m so glad little Rachel was there looking dainty and dancing delightfully, she’ll be a comfort to The Sparklers after the show, seeing as she was robbed herself only last year!

Oh, and there’s the robber himself, sat in t’audience - hahahahahaha - Tactless just blanked him for the boxer - sadly, somebody must have shouted at her through her earpiece because she quickly turned back and allowed him to gurn and smuggins his way through his little rehearsed ’speech’!

And to nobody’s surprise - yet another triumph for ’entertainment’ over dancing - I think the winning pair forgot to thank the sterling efforts of the ’Breakfast Time’ crew and ITT in their list of credits.

It’s all too easy to storm off in a strop and say ’that’s it for me’ - but really, what’s the point of the dancing anymore? And if the dancing is the best part for me, what’s left when it doesn’t count for anything?

I’d never say ’never’ - for instance, if Johnny Depp signs up for the next series, I might just watch it until he gets voted off in deference to whomsoever the BBC are promoting and backing - but - in the absence of the delicious Mr. Depp, I really don’t think I’ll be able to bring myself to invest so much time and emotion in something which is now so deeply flawed!

That bird must have been an omen - or a message to me to ‘get a life’!

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 00:32
Aida.. what can I say.. as usual.. wonderful.. I'm gonna miss your blog... gonna miss you!
Shamon View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Shamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 00:43
Originally posted by Aida

Jade and Ian’s tango - I’ve been looking forward to this, and I’m very glad to see that Jade’s recovered enough to appear tonight. She looks gorgeous (and so does the lovely Ian) - and the dance is glorious and could have looked even more so if danced to proper tango music!

What’s this? Is this some kind of joke? Poor bliddy Alesha - she probably thought they’d let her promote her new single when the powers-that-be told her she’d be singing - instead, she gets stiffed with doing her bit for Help the Aged! O.O   Well, I’m her only fan on here and I thought she was great - if the BBC had an ounce of sense that’s what she *would* be doing next year, co-presenting the show and helping Old Methuselah to stagger through his bits!

As ever thanks Aida,never ceases to bring a smile to my face........i was trying to figure out how a sparrow had got in your Xmas tree and then i thought about the 5 cats !!

Loved Ian and Jades Tango and its definately a case of what might have been with them.....

Agree about Alesha co-presenting nod

Lets hope Matthew gets a "good" partner next year although somehow i dread him being in the position of having to do something like the Lindy Hop.....no doubt he could do it but is that really what you want to see him doing ??

Edited by Shamon - 20 Dec 2009 at 00:49
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 15:49
I accept that the people's choice won Striuctly this year, but that only reinforces something that I have suspected for some time.  My viewing tastes have changed over the last couple of years, and I now recognise that I am in a minority when it comes to what is deemed to be 'good' viewing on tv these days. 

I completely respect the fact that most people thought Chris and Ola were deserved winners.  I think that Aida captured the phrase that sums up my feelings towards most tv shows when she refers to "emotional investment".  I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to invest too much emotional time or otherwise in any tv show anymore, and maybe that is why it clouds my judgement of what I see.  Better for me to accept that and move on.  My viewing tastes have changed, so i am moving more towards those things that interest me, and leave the majority to enjoy what it on their screens most of the time.

If the voting figures are to be believed, and there is no reason to doubt it, Chris and Ola have been receiving over 40% of the votes these last few weeks anyway, so it was clear who the majority of the viewers liked.  If the Dance Off had gone ahead in the semi final, using the scoring system that was in place for this series (it does seem to fluctuateWhistle) it would have been Team Cola and one other partnership involved.  Clear that the BBC/tv producers did not want to be put in the position of having to choose, and if they had sent Team Cola home, there would have been an uproar from the public.  By removing the Dance Off,the public had their say, and the BBC et all could not be blamed.

John Sergeant was in a similar postion in his series of Strictly, and it is highly likely he and Kristina would have won too if he had remained, as long as he avoided a Dance Off.

So, all in all, the viewers got the result that they wanted.  Cannot argue with that.  I just accept that it is not my type of programme any more, like a growing numberLOL, so I am enjoying new avenues.  Could not possibly print here what I do insteadLOLLOL
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 15:54
By the way Aida, I had similar thoughts too about Lisa Snowdon, and immediatley felt guilty for having such thoughts/observations.  I was worried for Brendan with some of those moves.  I felt vindicated when you noticed the same thing. 

Have to say, I felt sorry for her because it looked worse standing next to diminutive Rachel.  I hasten to add, I am the size of both of them put together, so I am not saying there is anything wrong in her increased weight.  I did however, feel it a bit rich that she fronts a programme about Models, which stresses the need to be thin, and anything which bears any slight resemblance to normal weight, is seen in a negative light, and yet here she was, looking Amazonian.Whistle
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 01:02
Fab Aida, your blogs are indeed a highlight of my weekends.  And now they are done.  Series 8 can't come round quick enough!
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Crube666 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Crube666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:43
Aida - we may disagree on Chris, but

I love you. You are wonderful and brighten my day (and is case he ever reads this, I love your hubby too...)
johnfromwales View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote johnfromwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 12:20
Originally posted by Aida

It’s all too easy to storm off in a strop and say ’that’s it for me’ - but really, what’s the point of the dancing anymore? And if the dancing is the best part for me, what’s left when it doesn’t count for anything?

I’d never say ’never’ - for instance, if Johnny Depp signs up for the next series, I might just watch it until he gets voted off in deference to whomsoever the BBC are promoting and backing - but - in the absence of the delicious Mr. Depp, I really don’t think I’ll be able to bring myself to invest so much time and emotion in something which is now so deeply flawed! 
A bit late with this reply but I'm new to these boards (looking for a new home now that Digital Spy has declined so alarmingly).

Your comment about the dancing sums it up but I hope the beeb manage to sign up Mr Depp; your reviews have been witty and entertaining. Thank you.
Force Ten View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Force Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 15:45
John!  How lovely to see you in the Blue Room.Clap  I hope you stick around and post your wonderful musings on Dancing on Ice here.  I agree that DS has declined alarmingly this year.  I post on very few threads there now.

I look forward to more of your posts.nod
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 18:25
Originally posted by johnfromwales

A bit late with this reply but I'm new to these boards (looking for a new home now that Digital Spy has declined so alarmingly).

Your comment about the dancing sums it up but I hope the beeb manage to sign up Mr Depp; your reviews have been witty and entertaining. Thank you.

What an unexpected honour!
Thank you very much, John - I've long been an admirer of your truly excellent 'Musings', but have never quite dared to tell you so as I'm not a popular contributor to Digital Spy!

Welcome to the Blue Room - wonderful to see you here!

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 18:43
Hello John it is great to see you here - like Aida have followed your musings on strictly for a few seasons and I hope you will stick around and contribute here too!!
Virgin
Virgin

Quote johnfromwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 12:35
Originally posted by Force Ten

John!  How lovely to see you in the Blue Room.Clap  I hope you stick around and post your wonderful musings on Dancing on Ice here.  I agree that DS has declined alarmingly this year.  I post on very few threads there now.

I look forward to more of your posts.nod
Force Ten! A familiar face, how nice!
I don't want to turn this into a DS bashing thread (it is Aida's, after all), but the vitriol and bitterness surrounding Chris's win was beyond all this year. I don't mind people holding trenchant views - I thought Chris's dancing was abysmal relative to his two main challengers and I think I made that pretty clear - but there's no need for the kind of nastiness and resentment displayed on multiple threads over there., and once it's over just accept it and enjoy the show.
I like Aida's blog because it's funny, which isn't easy week after week, and because she expresses her reservations without being splenetic. I like the cats too.
Aida - thanks for your efforts and for the compliment.
Bren - hiya, thank you too.
EllieJ View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote EllieJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 19:48
Nice to see you on here Johnfrom Wales. Like to read your posts on the dark side though rarely reply to any these days.
I like to be able to say what I think without expecting to be beaten up just for existing.
Virgin
Virgin

Quote johnfromwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 00:28
Originally posted by EllieJ

Nice to see you on here Johnfrom Wales. Like to read your posts on the dark side though rarely reply to any these days.
I like to be able to say what I think without expecting to be beaten up just for existing.
Hi Ellie, I know that feeling. It's why my contributions have dropped off quite sharply, I just can't be bothered with all the nonsense. I'm intrigued as to why Aida is persona non grata on the dark side though.
But, to get back on topic, I started reading the semi-final blog and realised I had to go back to the start to read them all in order. You've created a mini world of chaos and absurdity, Aida, and it's fabulous stuff.
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 01:03
Johnfromwales we are honoured to have Aida on here.  Her reports are just fabulous.  We love her to bits and wait each week for the latest goings on re the catsnod.
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 12:02
Thanks, darlin' - I love being here and always have!

As for being 'persona non grata' over at the Pink Palace, John - I had my finest hour about three years ago when I had the whole lot of them incoherent with rage and foaming at the mouth every time I posted - that was when Bren very kindly invited me to join the Cool Blue where everyone is truly entitled to their own views.

I doubt if the reigning 2009 Forumpolizei would even recognise my name - I'm just one of the few who, now and again, enjoy posting views which go against whatever passes for the party-line they have adopted.

This season it seemed to focus on the forum myth that the fell Hollins was, in fact, a dancing and entertainment god, although there was (were?) also a determined and dedicated sub-group, many of whom could scarcely spell or write grammatical English themselves, who worked tirelessly to demonise and ridicule every syllable which came out of Alesha's mouth.

Although I try very hard to stay away, sometimes it's irresistible to ruffle feathers and I admit that I do find it hugely amusing to post stuff I hope will infuriate them, then watch the Cyber-sisters descend on the thread to tear my post to pieces!

Post Reply Post Reply