I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing 2009
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Final

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Final
    Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 10:46
I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think Chris and Ola will win tomorrow.  I think it'll be their charleston that'll do it.

What does everyone else think?
Terri P
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 12:31
If Chris & Ola win, this will signal the end of Strictly and I can't bear to watch that

If Ricky & Natalie win, then Strictly survives by the skin of it's teeth, yet again and it'll be like DOI Series 4: "Great winner but not a great Series"

Edited by killersbee - 18 Dec 2009 at 12:33
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 15:45
Well this is just like the very first Strictly final, between Kaplinsky and Parker.  Will the better dancer win this time?
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 15:47
Originally posted by killersbee

If Chris & Ola win, this will signal the end of Strictly and I can't bear to watch that
If Ricky & Natalie win, then Strictly survives by the skin of it's teeth, yet again and it'll be like DOI Series 4: "Great winner but not a great Series"

If Chris wins it's because the public want him to.  It is no longer a dance contest (if it ever was), but a personality contest and although Ricky is technically better than Chris, it's often like watching a haddock in a tail suit.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 15:49
Funnily enough Thess, I remember at the time that Brendan choreographed the showdance (Dirty Dancing) as 'if we're going to beat Chris Parker, this is what we need to do'.  Natalie said almost the same thing to camera this week on ITT.
Terri P
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 17:27
They are obviously popular, and I have enjoyed the 'j-word' Chris has been on. I do think they may scrape it...

I haven't seen the semi final yet so am looking forward to the final tomorrow, just hope there aren't too many cringey performances (Brucie aside )
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 17:43

Now Chris Parker was rubbish, just like Julian Clary, and they both knew it!! (not like deluded Corrie Craig who got to Blackpool! LOL)

Chris Hollins, miles better than Chris Parker, and more personality in his little finger than him too. I didnt' pay much attention to Chris Parker, infact can't even remember who his pro-partner was (thankful for some memory loss in my old(er) age!!

I don't mnd who wins, and I don't think it will be the end of Strictly if Chris Hollins, and Ola win, they have both put in time and effort, no whinging from them, and they know they're not as good technically, but everything else, they put their heart and soul into it, and beat him hands down,  which sometimes even tho Ricky is excellent (if Bandy legged, /pigeon toed, sorry agreeing with Craig) his dancing seems somewhat soul-less to me.

I think everybody just wants the 'cheeky chappy' and Ola-chops (don't you love that nick-name) to win. Strictly won't end just because Ricky doesn't win (the show's bigger than him/them) , there's more than just the winning to this competition, it's the whole parcel, and journey thru the eliminations, and for those of us that love good old entertainment, regardless of viewing figures, and how much it's earning for it's owners/producers.

Roll on next year, it's what makes winter bearable in the UK,  light ENTERTAINMENT, with all the glitz and glamour of yesteryear  in these dark cold miserable nights!!!
(having said that now out for a snowball fight with my 9 year old!!!
Yay, SNOW, let's hope it lasts!, and doesn't go to slush.)

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
EllieJ View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote EllieJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 18:25
Deborah it was Hanna Kartuunen ( not sure of spelling) who was Chris Parkers partner.

Talking to my dance teacher he like me thinks that although Ricky is a brilliant dancer ( if bandy legged and pigeon toed) he is so characterless as was Ali. chris will probably win on his personality rather than his lack of dancing prowess.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 20:59

Yeah have liked Ricky from day 1, he is a  born-dancer- just gifted,  just natural rhythm.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 20:59
I have absolutely no idea who will win.  Last year i just knew it would be Tom but this year i really don't know.  Even though Chris seems to be more popular i can't help thinking a hell of alot of people will vote for the better dancer as it's the final, so it's gonna be exciting.

To be honest i'm past caring who wins now, i just hope Jade dances her Tango, have they mentioned it on ITT at all as i've missed it all week?
Force Ten View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Force Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 21:05
It was mentioned last night and apparently she is doing it.nod
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 21:06
Yes Jade and Ian are definitely dancing their tango
Terri P
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 21:12
I am not really set alight by this final to be honest but hope that dancing and not personality wins it 
JodiD View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote JodiD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 21:15
Originally posted by deborah31

Yeah have liked Ricky from day 1, he is a  born-dancer- just gifted,  just natural rhythm.

Natural Ryhthm, You must be kidding! He's very robotic with the poorest of arms, hands, head positioning, timing, facial expressions. I just can't find any redeeming factors other than he's cute and has something going on with porka chops.

Ricky has natural rhythm, and still has a few faults. Even Ricky wouldn't get past the first round of So You Think You Can Dance due to his unforgivable foot positioning, yet is worlds away better, as a dancer, than Chris who has a multitude of faults.. That being said Chris will, win exposing the farce  that Strictly really is. There should be a point where "popularity" takes a back seat to the  expertise of the dance and the dancer.
Or call the show " Popularity Come Dancing"
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 21:28

I was talking about Ricky with natural rhythm ,  born dancer etc.. NOt Chris?????

Chris has the personality going on.  Until today and i saw his girlfriend, i actually thought Chris was gay!!! (not that it matters at all)  I just enjoy their partnership.

*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 08:53
Originally posted by Bren

I am not really set alight by this final to be honest but hope that dancing and not personality wins it 
I totally agree Bren.  When Jade was still in it i wanted her to win, and then once she was gone i changed to Ali but to be honest i didn't really enjoy her dancing and as i'm not keen on Ricky and Natalie (more Natalie) i decided i shouldn't really care who wins, but now as it's out of these two i think the best dancer should win, as even though i am starting to accept it is more of an entertainment programme Big%20smile i personally still prefer to watch the better dancers.
I'm not gonna cheer though if Ricky wins Tongue

Edited by *Poppy* - 19 Dec 2009 at 08:54
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>