I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Glee
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glee
    Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 22:08
Anyone been watching? It's up to episode 11 in the US and starts here next week sometime (can't remember the channel but it's the internet, you can look it up).

Here's a description:

The one-hour series follows an optimistic high school teacher as he tries to transform the school's Glee Club and inspire a group of ragtag performers to make it to the biggest competition of them all: Nationals.

McKinley High School's Glee Club used to be at the top of the show choir world, but years later, a series of scandals have turned it into a haven for misfits and social outcasts. Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison, Broadway's "Hairspray") has offered to take on the Herculean task of restoring the Glee Club to its former glory.

Even with the help of fellow teacher Emma Pillsburry (Jayma Mays, "Ugly Betty"), it won't be easy since the "brightest stars" of the pitch-imperfect club include Kurt (Chris Colfer), a nerdy soprano with a flair for the dramatic; Mercedes (Amber Riley), a dynamic diva-in-training who refuses to sing back up; Arty (Kevin McHale, "True Blood"), a geeky guitarist who attracts more bullies than girls; and Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz, "Spring Awakening"), an awkward girl who needs to suppress her stutter before her center stage solo.

Will's only hope lies with two true talents: Rachel (Lea Michele, "Spring Awakening"), a perfectionist firecracker who is convinced show choir is her ticket to stardom; and Finn (Cory Monteith, "Kyle XY"), the popular high school quarterback with movie star looks and a Motown voice who must protect his cool reputation with his holier-than-thou girlfriend, Quinn (Dianna Agron), and his arrogant teammate, Puck (Mark Salling).

Will is determined to do whatever it takes to make Glee great again, even though everyone around him thinks he's nuts. He's out to prove them all wrong-from his tough-as-nails wife Terri (Jessalyn Gilsig, "Nip/Tuck") to McKinley's cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch, "Best In Show," "Role Models") to an uber-hip world that thinks jazz hands and sequined tuxedos litter the road to infamy rather than pave the way to Hollywood dreams.

I can't begin to tell you how good it is! The music is fantastic (Cheryl Cole totally nicked Don't Stop Believin' from this for Joe) and it's a proper feelgood show. Oh by the way, Sue the PE teacher is the funniest thing in it.

Anyway, let's look at some videos.

OK I'LL STOP NOW

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 13:07
BUMP
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 13:28
Its been airing for about 11 weeks here in Australia too. The music is great. Its does promote inclusiveness with the mix of students in the Glee club.
Hannah Louise View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Hannah Louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 17:43
I have to check this out when it's out here :-)
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 18:54
E4, December 15th
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Hannah Louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 18:36
Originally posted by TorvillDean84

Jayne Torvill and Chris Dean on Paul O Grady Wednesday 9th Dec channel 4...

Are you posting this everywhere lol x

Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Hannah Louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 18:37
Originally posted by James

E4, December 15th

Thankyou x
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:14
Originally posted by Hannah Louise

Originally posted by TorvillDean84

Jayne Torvill and Chris Dean on Paul O Grady Wednesday 9th Dec channel 4...

Are you posting this everywhere lol x

That would be classed as spamming so I've deleted the off-topic posts from this thread. Stick to the topic and keep your posts relevant to the thread.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 16:35
oooh handbag!

I'll make a point to watch it, it seems like a piss take of High School (oops nearly put Street) Musical but with proper songs

Loved Bust Your Windows - one of my fave songs anyway
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 09:48
It's more of a dramady in the way Ugly Betty is, but with impromptu songs, and not anywhere near as lame as HSM. You have teenage and faked pregnancies as ongoing storylines, unrequited love, BRILLIANT characters - the supporting cast are fantastic, especially Sue Sylvester and the theatrical gay teacher with the murky past - and a properly talented Glee club cast. I just got a hold of the second cast album but I didn't like it as much as the first one.

Edited by James - 11 Dec 2009 at 15:54
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 12:44
Couldn't get into Ugly Betty but this for sure
Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 23:37
Looks awful to be honest, then again I'm male.

OH NO SHE DI'NT
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 09:45
Originally posted by Kevin

Not that anyone could tell
Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 15:01
Originally posted by James

Not that anyone could tell

You cheeky little cow, you deserve a slap right across the FACE :s
OH NO SHE DI'NT
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 20:28

You cheeky little cow, you deserve a slap right across the FACE :s

That's how this bitch rolls x
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 11:28
I made an effort to watch this,  I did sort of enjoy it, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Thought it would have more bite to it, it's actually played quite straight, loved the sports coach though. Will watch the series when it's starts properly in January
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>