I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Aida's World Famous SCD Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Week 11 28th November

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Week 11 28th November
    Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 18:55
thread ready Aida
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 00:07
Thanks, dahling!

Ooooh, look! It’s Barbie - and Barbie’s boyfriend Ken’s great-grandfather! Vermin has eschewed sleeves altogether for this week’s creation - hmmmm - he also seems to have misjudged the bodice somewhat and had to stick a piece of material behind the too-low ‘V’ neckline - but - he’s still showing off his boning skills and has managed to include Tess’s favourite accessory - a belt - the whole ensemble set off by a massive Aztec artefact around her neck and a new fringe!

Oh whatever is the old loony on about now - the hubba was trying to end a conversation with his mother, a challenge similar to that of getting chewing-gum out of your hair - so, thankfully, I didn’t catch much of Pop Forsyth’s ramblings - just enough to realise that he’s about as funny as an outbreak of TBD - The Black Death!

And off we jolly well go - and - Oh - I knew it - first up are -

Smuggo Baggins (in spats) and Ooh-la-la
I suppose I was the only viewer hoping that someone would run out from backstage and ‘splurge’ him at the end of the dance as I set my mouth to make pithy comments - and I *still* think their relationship is very, very odd - but - nobody in their right mind could have disliked that Charleston - the music was brilliant, the interpretation and steps were hilarious and sweet, if sometimes a little reminiscent of the Keystone Kops, all in all, I just loved it - and so did Bruno who had his first cadenza of the night!

Feathers McGraw and Tina Sparkle
I’ve never been a fan of Feathers, but I’ve felt a bit sorry for him over the last 24 hours - actually, I felt even sorrier for him when I caught a glimpse of that creepy little old man dressed as an upside-down daffodil and claiming to be ‘The Fonz’. Full marks to Feathers for not bursting out laughing, because I laughed, long and loud until I almost inhaled a cocktail onion and spat it across the room, immediately forced to abandon my post and leap up to try to choke it out of the junior cat whose motto is ‘eat whatever you can get and decide if you liked it after’. Horrid memories of the catastrophic effect the last cocktail onion he ate had on his digestive system inspired me to brave the little alligator’s snapping teeth and retrieve the onion, although I felt like striking the hubba on the mazzard when, having finally managed to bid his Ma ’adieu’, he came back into the room and asked superfluously, “What are you doing on the floor playing with cats - I thought you wanted to watch this programme!”
He must have seen my eyes flash and known he was on shaky ground because he tried to make it up to me by singing ‘penguin’ instead of ‘hound-dog’ during the dance and doing his version of the hand-jive. It worked - I’m very easily amused after a few gins and even after nineteen years of marriage, I still love the way his eyes and nose crinkle up when he’s trying to make me laugh! I know - what a pail of sick - on with the dance, which really wasn’t that good - I didn’t like La Sparkle’s frock and Feathers didn’t suit the colour either - and they seemed ‘off’ from the start to me - her more than him amazingly - and the judges agreed with me for once - but although I’ve never been struck on them, I don’t want to see him go out this week, the lad‘s had enough angst!

More yammering from the Old Dodderer - oh, shut up, you simple-minded old sod!

Hooray - it’s my favourites -
Princess Ali and Prince Charming of the Americas.
This dance, along with the quickstep, strikes me as the type of thing Bertie Wooster and one of his American-heiress floozies would have danced until their feet were numb and Brian and Ali looked the part to perfection. Loved her hair, her frock, her lippie, his pin-stripe suit and spats - loved the music - and simply *adored* the dance - the second I’ve finished writing this blog and seen what my fellow Cool Bluers thought of tonight’s show, I’m off to Youtube to watch it a few dozen times. It was fab-u-lous, if I hadn’t been balancing the Chinese supper and fighting off determined felines, I would have just had to get up and try to dance with them! Despite the great marks, comments from the joodges and Bruno‘s cadenza part deux, I shall still vote for them quite a lot tonight - you never know with this barmy show!

Nat’lie and Vinthent
Well, they looked fabulouth and the training clipth were hilarious, but even though I love the pair of them dearly, that wathn’t a very good danthe at all! I don’t know what elthe to thay apart from I love them, and I’ll vote for them - but jutht a couple of timeth - I fear I may be thaying ‘arriverderci’ to my darling lickle Vinthent!

The Berk and Pocohontas
Well, she’s a right whinger and I’ve gone right off him - but - it must be this dance - try as I might not to, I just loved it from the first bar of the great and appropriate music to the very last dance-step - of course, there always has to be a fly in the ointment, and right on cue, we have this week’s Craig and Len tantrum! Am I the only viewer who hopes that one week it’ll escalate into a fist-fight - if it does, I do hope a flying fist doesn’t catch the jaw of Princess Alesha who’d probably jump up and lay the whole lot of them out! Just imagine the furore on a forum not far from here if *that* happened!

Right - there’s still a lot of time left - quick, do something to stop Pop Forsyth lurching into a song and dance routine! Ah, thank you Lord - I’d quite forgotten about the Group Viennese Whirl Dodgem Derby - which disappointingly turned out to have no collisions or ‘boxing-in’ - see that - a ’professional’ phrase I learned from my Victor Silvester book - and was really quite magical and beautiful - even more so when Prince and Princess Charming were awarded a ten!

Ohhh - Ohhhhhh - I’m melting - it’s Il Divino - he’s gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - I think that Ginger piece is there, but I don’t care, I only have eyes for Mr. Matthew - arrrgggh, now he’s dancing with the Kat and they look absolutely wonderful together - he should have danced with her all series? Wonderful, but too short - why couldn’t Matthew dance for an hour or two - nobody wants to see ‘Casualty’, do they?

Awww, he’s gone and the hubba’s started his ‘Where’s Lilia this week?’ yammering, but my blood has turned to ice at the announcement that a ’dancer’ is going to address the cupples. I’m so certain it’s going to turn out to be Old Pop Forsyth demonstrating arthritic dance-steps and boring us all rigid for what’ll seem like several years, I’m gripping the senior cat too tightly for an animal who is stuffed to the gunwales with chicken, rice, noodles, beansprouts and prawns and currently engaged in lying on my lap gnawing a barbecued spare rib chop which I'm holding for him.

“He’ll be sick!”, warns the hubba.
“He won’t - he’s never sick!”, I snap back, fixing Orlando with a ‘you dare be sick’ glower, followed by a secret, subtle shake of the fist in his direction when he half-chokes and clears his throat theatrically.

Thank God - the ’dancer’ turned out to be Clary, who was a hoot - maybe *he* should be the next compere? He’s already a zillion times better than Pop, and I’m sure we’ve all forgotten his unfortunate remarks at the Brits all those years ago - haven’t we?

Hell’s Bells! Are those Irish wallopers still thundering through bliddy ’Riverdance’ - I’d rather have watched Stavros Flatley!

Oh come on, come on - it must be time for the results now - Sooty’s had ample time to verify them - but no, the long evening wears on! Who are these two tone-deaf bleeders FFS?   They sound like cats mating and all my boys have perked up and started circling the telly and squaring up to each other - they may be joined at any second by the hubba who has just spotted his Lilia and has an expression on his face like St. Joan of Arc receiving the heavenly voices. I do wish the lovely little minx wouldn’t wear stuff like that - it tends to overexcite the hubba and give him ideas unbefitting a man of his age, temperament and state of health.

And so, at last, to the dance-off - I suspected this might happen, the Charleston was the roaring success dance of the evening - and so it’s ‘addio’ to my darling Vinthent and Nat’lie who gave it her all. Awww, he’s crying - non piangi piu, amore mio - t’amo, t’amo per sempre!

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 00:39
wonderful stuff as usual Aida
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 01:54
Thank you so much Aida.  The BBC need you in their camp because your reviews do more for the series than any of the live shows have done to date.  BravoClap

Edited by BCfan - 29 Nov 2009 at 01:55
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 06:26
Well said BC Fan.

Aida - great stuff (as usual).
Terri P
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 09:34
Haven't watched any of it yet, but your account had me institches.  And i even expanded my knowledge of Wiltshire slang.  Fabulous stuff Aida, will be sorry when SCD finishes - you'll have to find something else to write about!!
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 12:22
Originally posted by Thess

Haven't watched any of it yet, but your account had me institches.  And i even expanded my knowledge of Wiltshire slang.  Fabulous stuff Aida, will be sorry when SCD finishes - you'll have to find something else to write about!!

I KNEW there was a reason I watched Strictly this season!.. my weekend will not be the same without "Saturday Nite with Aida".. stuff the program.. but lets keep Aida!!!!!'BC Fan.. you're right.. losing Aida's commentary doesn't bear thinking about!
Aida.. do you think you could like Dancing on Ice.. Celeb Big Brother?????????
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 15:04
Actually, Aida did do a bit of reviewing on DOI, but that was last year I think
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 15:24
You're all so terrific and supportive - thank you!

I try to like DOI - I really do - but I don't 'know' the regular posters on that forum the way I know the Cool Bluers - you all know it's all fun, but I can't be doing with lickle fangirls getting their knickers in a twist if I take a rise out of their inamoratas!

As well as that, there's the bliddy adverts - and also there's Shouty Schofield and Holly Android who do my head in and make the hubba shout incoherent abuse at the telly - as do the zelebs - we had to stop watching last year as the continuing success of the Nolan made the hubba so angry, his blood pressure soared to previously undreamed of heights!

I'm also ashamed to admit that if the lovely Matt Evers isn't skating, I lose interest very quickly!

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 15:32
Aida there is some LOVELY new skaters in the show this year and the fangirls you speak of are no longer on the fourm indeed many of the DOI people are SCD people to if you could consider doing DOI would be wonderful!! epecially as we have Kyran Bracken and Clare buckfield writing for us to this year 
Shamon View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Shamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 15:45
Thanks as ever Aida nod,don't watch DOI much mainly because i do find it all too shouty and noisy (and last year Coleen Nolan got on my nerves so much pulling the woe is me card,get on with it woman!!!!!!!! you're getting paid and you knew what you were getting into !!!).........

Sorry,ranting........

Anyway.......probably totally shallow to admit this but i like Matt Evers mainly because he bears the closest resemblance to the divine Mr Matthew Clapwho i thought looked very strong and very gorgeous last night.Heart
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 16:15
matt evers is a member Shamon and will be on here for a chat during DOI lovely new skater for the show is Matt Gonzalez who will be here thursday for a chat

Maybe you could give DOI a go this year?

Edited by Bren - 29 Nov 2009 at 16:16
Shamon View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Shamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 17:02
Originally posted by Bren

matt evers is a member Shamon and will be on here for a chat during DOI lovely new skater for the show is Matt Gonzalez who will be here thursday for a chat

Maybe you could give DOI a go this year?

Maybe i will Bren .........if they don't get another Coleen Nolan on there Censored

Any chance of getting Mr Matthew on here for a chat ?? ( i had to ask!!)
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 17:18
oh yes Matt will be on here for a chat 
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 17:19
Matt Evers that is but then again maybe we could try for Mr Cutler?
Shamon View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Shamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 17:45
Originally posted by Bren

Matt Evers that is but then again maybe we could try for Mr Cutler?

Could you really Bren ??........i think that could quite possibly make the series for quite a few of us......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>