I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Andrea Bocelli at the NIA Birmingham

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andrea Bocelli at the NIA Birmingham
    Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 21:58
I am off to see Andrea Bocelli in concert tomorrow evening.  SO excited.  DanceThe concert was originally scheduled to take place on 27th September, but was cancelled on the night.  At the time. many of us were livid - not with Andrea (as he could not help becoming ill) but with the NIA who clearly knew during the afternoon that his doctor had advised him not to sing, but yet, still let us all turn up at the venue; sold programmes, food and drink, and at one point were actually selling bottles of wine to people as we queued outside waiting for the doors to open. The NIA let us all make our way to our seats, and then at precisely 7.30pm, when the concert was due to start, announced that it was indeed cancelled and had been rearranged for 4th November!!

Many people could not make the new date.  One couple had travelled up from Plymouth!! The original date was on a Sunday, this new date is mid week, and not everyone could return or take time off work to do so etc.

There was the added joy of taking over an hour to be able to exit the Car Park.Cry

Now with all that behind us, fingers crossed that tomorrow's event takes place, and that Andrea is feeling much much better.  I absolutely adore his voice, and in the NIA the sound quality should just radiate around that setting.

Here are a couple of photos taken on my mobile as people were making their way to their seats last time.  Lookng forward to the whole thing being a memorable event for all the right reasons tomorrow.  Will report back.

Edited by BCfan - 03 Nov 2009 at 23:50
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 22:24
Hope you enjoy (I'm sure you will) He has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard.

I look forward to hearing about it.
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 08:41
Basking in the glow from last night's most exquisite Andrea Bocelli concert at the NIA.  An evening of the most beautiful classical music performed by very talented singers and musicians.  Will post a report shortly.  Off to the office now, but in summary the whole thing was so good, I just wanted to press rewind and listen and watch it all again.  Gorgeous.
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 23:52
 I SO want to convey how wonderful it was. I just wanted to press rewind and watch and hear it all again, and was so disappointed when we realised the encores had come to an end. The musicians and singers who supported Andrea on the night were superb, and as a direct result of that, I will be purchasing music of theirs in the near future. (will also be added to my xmas listLOL. Namely the opera singer Daniella Bruera,

and the flautist Andrea Griminelli.
I cannot tell you how brilliant they were. Note perfect. Crystal sounds. The orchestra were good,
Conductor Marcello Rota, with the British Phillharmonic Orchestra,
as were the choir/supporting singers. Andrea Bocelli had such power in his voice but he made it seem so effortless. Voice like melted honey at times, velvet at others. Gorgeous.

(the set before the performers and orchestra came on stage)

One lady came on to sing/support Andrea Bocelli towards the end, who I realised was good, but to me, did not suit the line up. She was a little like Bjork. Famous in Italy, but I did not think her voice was anywhere near, in pitch or power, like Daniella's or was of the musical quality of Andrea G, but each to their personal taste, and she was not on long. The lady who came on briefly to sing with Andrea Bocelli was Malika Ayane.

The evening was rounded up with a couple of Christmas Carols. Absolutely heavenly. Andrea B was joined on stage by Andrea G and Daniella, and they sang White Christmas and Silent Night, and then Andrea Bocelli finished off the evening with Time to Say Goodbye.

Mods{  I can't upload photos directly from my hard drive again.  The facility has once again disappeared, i.e, the option does not appear on the "Insert Image" page anymore.  Had to use a photo hosting site.  Can you help again please?Big%20smile

Edited by BCfan - 05 Nov 2009 at 23:55
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 22:27
Thanks for the pictures and your review, it sounds wonderful, I'm glad you enjoyed it
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 09:36
What browser are you using BC Fan? I seem to get slightly different things depending on which one I use.
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 12:37
Not sure if you mean something else, but I just use Internet Explorer.  Is that what you mean?
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 12:48
Yup that's it. The dialogue boxes seem to vary slightly between IE, Firefox and Chrome. I've just checked from here (using IE8) and I'm getting the option to upload when I click the button with the tree on it. Is it not appearing for you?
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 17:36
NoCry.  Just tried.  It does not show the facility to Browse for anything on my computer. Used to appear in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.  Only facility to preview a Http image etc shown in the top right hand of the screen.  This happened once before to a few of us, and you managed to correct it.  Don't know why it has happened again, but anything you can do much appreciated.  Not urgent, just handy to be able to upload from my pc, without having to log into my photobucket account and upload via that route.

Hope that helps.nod
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 15:37
I don't know if you have heard BC fan but Andrea is doing a concert at the O2 next November, tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9am if you are interested.
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 20:04
Would prefer it to be 'up North'nod.  The logistics of getting to the O2 are not straight forward.  Thank you for thinking of me though.  Appreciate it. 

The Andrea Bocelli cd I ordered, called  "My Christmas" arrived this morning.  It absolutely beautiful.  Highly recommend it.nod
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 21:16
He will be at the MEN in Manchester too if that is better for you

I might try and get tickets for the O2.
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 23:28
I have been sent a list of tour dates.  Not had chance to look at it properly yet, but I will certainly be trying to book something.  Will let you know.nod
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 22:49
Got 2 tickets for the O2 we are in block A1 row K which is about 10 rows from the front. I paid a little bit more than I was hoping but a lot less than I've jut seen some for on Ebay
Now I've just got to wait for November 2010, lol!
 Post Reply Post Reply