I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Aida's World Famous SCD Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Show 5 17th October

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Show 5 17th October
    Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 21:43
Ready for you Aida
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 01:08
Slight contretemps at the Pyramid this lunchtime when the hubba realised that our divine Barcelona were scheduled to play Valencia tonight - and then reminded me triumphantly that if they were kicking off at the same time as Strictly, I’d agreed to take turns in watching one programme live and recording the other one.

I was about to reply hotly that I had no recollection of any such conversation, but thankfully, the flawless ones are kicking off at 9pm - so, providing the ice sets, the gin holds out and the shouting man at the Chinese manages to more or less interpret correctly what we want to eat, an evening of pure bliss is set to unfold … but hark … what’s going on here - three blokes standing in the rain, talking - about the rain - why are three blokes, one of whom looks like Rolf Harris after an accidental run through the hot-wash cycle, one who looks like Kryton from ‘Red Dwarf’ and one with his back to the camera have to do with Strictly? Has it been rained off? Oh, God help us and save us - another bloke’s turned up now and they’re yammering on about the Grand Pricks!

What a disgrace - just think of all the poor blighters who’ve set their timers to record the show - on an on they yammer about nowt until 7:30 - and then - the bliddy Beeb have the brass neck to show three stupid ‘trails’ in a row - get on, damn you, or I’m switching off!

Ahem - and we’re off - Pop Forsyth looking manic and Tactless in a nearly nice-ish frock - Vermin mustn’t have had time to finish off the neckline and sleeve so he’s just folded the spare material over in a sort of ridge and hoped nobody would notice. She’s also wearing a thick gold collaret which sadly, isn’t tight enough to cut off her breath and spare us her personality practice for this week.

Oh Lord - I didn’t realise it was the bliddy jive and the Viennese Whirl this week - ah well, into every life a little rain has to fall - even at the Brazilian Grand Pricks, apparently.

At last - on with the motley!

And first up is Ricky the Goldfish and Erin:
Hmmmmm - not up to her usual standard of gown and I personally wouldn’t have chosen that sort of orange, fish-scale effect on the jacket if I’d already been laughed at, but what the hell - okay music and he kicked and flicked like a madman throughout while still remembering to do the comedy mouth. He certainly made me laugh, but seemed to have a disastrous effect on Bruno’s mental health - Quick, Nurse - give the Italian the sedative, then run and get another dose for the old Dodderer!

The Jumper and My Original Beloved
The first of the Viennese Whirls performed by Jade while wearing Lynda’s corset from last week (laced a lot tighter) with some added curtains tacked on. Not even the lovely Ian can persuade me to like the Viennese Whirl - I was secretly relieved that the junior cat added a bit of excitement by scaling the living-room door to protest his indignation at being denied a prawn.

PC Ali and Prince Charming USA
Young Brian looking very toothsome tonight, not least while shooting dagger-like glances at the judges when they were whinging on after what seemed to me to have been quite a competent jive. Not that I’d know a good ‘un from a bad ‘un - and please, I beg you, don’t mention bliddy Jill Ha’apenny as an example of perfection - I couldn’t stand her!

Skippy Wood(en) and Brenda(n)
Decent enough frock even with the diamante cobwebs, love the song but I’ve never really thought of it as a waltz tune - Skippy dragged manfully around the floor by Brendan more or less in time to the music.
I don’t know why he stamped off with his knickers in a twist - I thought Craig was being quite kind, even though he risked hurting the feelings of bush kangaroos in his native land who probably would, to a kangaroo, have shown more aptitude than Ms Wood(en). Next!

WAG Zoe and the near-Werewolf
Good Lord! She’s come in her swimming cossie with a few added tassels and she looks uncannily like Dusty Springfield with her hair like that. Looked okay to me with lots of kicking and stuff, it was quick and nobody fell down - I just can’t warm to the dance at all - sorry!

Ricky Hollyoaks and Tina Sparkle
It’s just dawned on me who he reminds me of - Feathers McGraw, the evil penguin from Wallace and Grommet’s ‘The Wrong Trousers’ - he has exactly the same sort of mad glint in his eye! Eeek!
More Viennese Whirling - I’m sure it was good, this pair just bore me rigid - Oh, ALESHA, you silly tart - if you fancy him, just ask him out, don’t start chucking 10’s at him! O.O

The Perplexed Pixie and Fast Flavia
What on earth are this pair got up as? They look like cartoon characters - and he not only dances like one, he’s also adopted the ‘Open Gob’ technique to go along with his terror-stricken facial expression. Give it up, dear, bite the bullet and buy a ticket for the Blackpool show - you’ll enjoy it much more in the audience, and so will we!

Stumblin’ Joe and Marilyn Monroeski
Another one wearing an elaborately-decorated cossie! Oh, look - Joe le Boxeur seems to have learned to smile this week - and he’s trying to lurch around a bit and kick in a sort of ponderous manner nearly in time to the music - I thought boxers were supposed to be light on their feet! If he lasts another week, p’raps he should dance in his boxing boots?

Natalie and Vinthent
Another cossie - sparkly this time - with added net curtains for a skirt. Vinthent ith a lovely lickle danther, ithn’t he - and Natalie tries so hard and seems such a nice gel - heavens - her Dad looks a bit of a gangster - be careful, judges - be nice, very nice! O.O
Was I the only person to notice panic leap to Vinthent’s eyes when Natalie mentioned next week’s American Thmooth?

WAG Laila and Anton the Berk
Dear me - what a strange get-up Laila’s wearing - and is the Berk actually in costume or is he off out clubbing as soon as the show’s over?   I’m sure the dancers/dance teachers are going to rip him a new arsehole over his choreography - and I’m sure they’re right - but one jive looks much like another to me and I didn’t think this was any worse than some of the horrors which have gone before!

Tuffers and Kanadian Katya:
Oooh - are they straight off to get married after the show? ;-)
It looked as good a Whirl as the others and I just love the way he’s so relaxed and makes it all seem effortless - I honestly don’t think he gives a monkey’s whether he gets voted off or not and I’m gradually warming to her - she seems the best of the newbies in that she’s not up herself and she’s clever enough to work to the Tuff’s strengths and not make it all about her.

The Hobbit and Ooh-la-la
Hideous ‘frock’, absolutely tasteless and revolting colours. Oh, God help us, he’s yammering on about his mother again - and now he’s dancing and he has that perky little smug grin on his face - it’s all just soooo creepy that I feel like kissing the senior cat when he puts an end to my suffering by slyly shoving his junior and middle ’brothers’ off the sofa and precipitates the break-out of tonight’s great cat-fight, which, as always, culminates in knocked-over drinks, thundering up and down the stairs and abortive attempts to climb the curtains. This fiasco is accompanied by hissing and spitting like a pit of snakes from the cats and a lot of shouting, cursing and dark threats to throttle the lot of them from the hubba.

I only caught the most fleeting glimpse of My New Beloved as the pair of us staggered around setting the living-room to rights, but I did better than the hubba who missed his Lilia altogether and also missed an exquisite dance from Vinthent and Fast Flavia because he tempestuously left the field of play to go and stand at the bottom of the stairs and shout bootless threats at the furries who had taken the fight upstairs.

Oh, Spandau Ballet - what memories they bring back - and Brenda(n)’s getting the chance to work off some of his temper by chucking the Kanadian Kat around! Sublime! : -)

And straight from ‘sublime’ to ‘ridiculous’ - the GBP strike again - well, at least it’s Goodbye, Joe le Boxeur at last - he never really was a contender, was he?

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 01:24
as always Aida, this is more fun than the show!!
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 02:18
I am so glad that you have your very own section on here now AidaClap.  Today the World, tomorrow the UniverseDance.  I always look forward to reading your take on things, stated in your very special style.  I love it.  Thank you so much for keeing my interest in SCD going, because I can no longer bear to watch the show itself, but your reviews are invaluable and priceless.  Thank you!!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 10:15
nodGreat reviews of the night Aida, something for everyone there.
I particularly liked the perplexed pixie and fast flavia, never seen him in The Street,
would like to see if he can't act either??!! Good idea, maybe we can club together and buy him a ticket to BlackpoolLOL
and the Hobbit, and ooh la la  !!!! (agree weird mother fixation here, reminds me of the Ronnie Corbert character 'Timothy Lumsden' !Big%20smile)

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Crystal Tips View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Crystal Tips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 10:37
Went to bed last night feeling as if something important was missing and now I know! Aida had not posted yet. As always, your post was great fun and beautifully written.

Cackled myself silly about the perplexed pixie. Great stuff, Aida.
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 12:46
oh Aida!!!.. you made us wait an extra  4  hours for your post!!!.. do you not know your review is so much more important than the show???????
But as always.. worth waiting for!

Edited by Tups - 18 Oct 2009 at 12:47
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 15:30
I'm ever so sorry, Crystal and Tups - it just takes soooo long to do when there are so many cupples to contend with - and I couldn't even get a start last night until the final kick of the Barca match!

Never mind - thanks so much to everyone for all of the kind comments!

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 16:08
we shall forgive you.. genius must not be rushed!.. I will learn patience.. one day! lol
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 18:42
Terrific Aida - ta muchly.

Btw, for your info - Spandau Ballet was filmed last week before the main show (as was Amy Winehouse and her Goddaughter).  Not that it makes any difference - but a nice bit of trivia.
Terri P
poorjudge View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote poorjudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 14:15
That's interesting. A shame they did not record Andy Williams a few decades earlier.
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 14:20
Good one!!
Terri P
 Post Reply Post Reply