I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Aida's World Famous SCD Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Week 2 Show 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Week 2 Show 1
    Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 23:05
I have to admit to being a bit 'will I watch' -v- 'won't I watch' tonight, but having girded my loins with a couple of stinging G&T's (yes, I've reverted to my old favourite) to wash down the fish and chips, I was ready for anything!

And we're off - goodness gracious - Vermin must have run out of material while making this week's toga - and - Tactless Tess isn't wearing the ceremonial belt! Is this an omen?

Much banal gum-flapping from Old Pop Forysthe and TT - as a double-act they make the Chuckle Brothers look sophisticated - get on with it, do!

And here come the professionals - my only chance to catch a glimpse of My New Beloved - they were very good, but nowt startling - Erin, as per, had the loveliest gown, the audience, who the hubba claims would sit there clapping along mindlessly if the building was on fire, clapped along mindlessly, then back to the (non)Dynamic Duo.

Much gushing over Princess Alesha - which I think was apposite in view of the horrendous week she's had - I might be in a minority of one, but I'm still rooting for her - she certainly doesn't lack courage, those earrings would probably have been the death of me.

Dance, somebody, dance! Oh - here come Thonia and Vinthent ! I'm not an Eathtender'th fan, but she seems a nice enough lass and a decent actress - what a disgrace and sad reflection on our contemporary society that she felt moved to defend her healthy, sturdy body!
Never mind - on with the danthe - I love lickle Vinthent's danthing and I loved this tango - great frock, great music, good attempt.

Zoe and The Former Werewolf
Whatever has he done to his hair? He's gone from 'hot' to 'not' - in fact he looks as if he should be on the front of a 1930's knitting pattern! Garrrggghhh. Ah well - gorgeous frock, lovely waltz - I adored her in Footballer's Wives and think she should have done something 'Tanya-esque' to make her mark - like sawing half-way through Laila/Amber's dance-shoe heels!

Craig Kelly (Who?) and Fast Flavia
Heavens! Flavia looks even more like Freddie Mercury's twin sister with her hair longer - but I digress - I've never seen this fella before in my life and his permanently startled expression was unnerving me long before he started shouting along to the (totally inappropriate) music. I've never seen anything quite like it and I'm not that bovvered if I never see it again! Next!

Lickle Lilia and Richard Somebody
Oh dear! The hubba is livid and, for the first time this series, threw the foam brick and shouted incoherent abuse at the telly - he claims that it's all a conspiracy and that his girl won't last this weekend since she's been given a corpse to dance with! I think he's right - taxi - or hearse - for Richard!

Oh, rats - Gnasher's organising this week's group dance - prepare for Korny Koreography!

Laila/Amber and Monsieur Le Berk
I know y'all hate him on here, but I just loooooved this tango! Laila looked stunning in scarlet, and yes, they had a blip, but it was gorgeous overall!

Tuffers and New Blonde 1
I thought I was in for the best laugh of the night - I was wrong - I thought he was charming, looked relaxed and glided very nicely around the floor! That'll teach me to judge books by their covers!   

Joe Wood (en) and Brenda(n)
My God, Ronnie Wood looks older than Methusaleh Forsythe The Pyramid was still rocking with screams of laughter engendered by the training footage when she hit the floor looking like a demented Old English Sheepdog trying to keep up with a Greyhound - I'm practically speechless for once - she wasn't even good enough to deserve 'hopeless'! Can't really see her in for the long haul unless all of the others are struck down with Swine Flu!

Ricky Hollowoaks and New Blonde 2
Hmmmm - so this is the 'heart-throb', is it? I don't like bald heads, he sounds up himself and he looks like a penguin in his tails - credit to NB2 for that exquisite dress, though. The hubba and me both thought he was a bit frantic for a waltz, but he was heaped with praise so what do we know? I think he's going to get on my nerves, so he'll easily avoid The Curse of Aida and probably win the whole thing!

Finally - The Group Fight
Well, far be it from me to praise Gnasher, but credit where credit's due - that was excellent!

All in all, I enjoyed the show much, much more than I thought I would - sorry, my 'take' isn't as funny as usual, but I was a bit tense tonight and not at all sure I wanted to go on watching SCD - but I'm glad I did, and even if I stand alone in my opinion, I thought Alesha was great and a total

Edited by Aida - 25 Sep 2009 at 23:08

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Post Reply Post Reply