I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing 2009
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Frocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frocks
    Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 23:30
Are we up for a spin round tonight's costumes?  Of course we are!

Tess: her bust is too big to do the one shoulder thing, unless it's well supported.  It wasn't well supported tonight.  But loved the colour on her. Don't think i would have worn black shoes with it though.

Aliona: nice dress but not keen on the black float.  It looked like a gigantic fruit bat was trying to cut in during that mad Tango.

Oh-la-la: I liked this, nice detailing on the back. I don't normally rate grey as a good colour for the dancefloor, but it worked well on this dress

Kristina: did they not learn anything about purple bacofoil from Karens Jive dress last year? Not great.

Erin: Nice colour on her, the skirt looked better on the move

Ali: lovely, skirt danced very nicely, maybe a tad too long. 

Martina: lookd like something Barbie might rock up in.  Didn't like it at all, the best bit was the jewelled belt effect round her waist

Jade: I love these old fashioned skirts, fluffy gorgeousness.  Bodice vut very nicely too, good colour on her.

Lynda: I liked the detailing of the bodice, but didn't like the colour of the dress itself.  In red on black, or silver on blue it would have looked stunning, but red on minky-gold did nothing for her. Also the lacing and swinging bow on the back drew attention to a less than perfect posture.

Mambo dresses: loved Lilia's, liked Natalie's for the scrumptious colour and by gum she's got a lot of front.  The rest just passed by in a bit of a whirl of purple and pink!
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 23:37
nodI loved Martina's dress /outfit the best, looked the part!
but not impressed really with the dance/partnership .....yet.

Also liked Ola's dress, and the 'puffy skirt'

Didn't like Jade's on her, made her bust/chest look even smaller, not flattering i thought.
The whole outfit made her look 'hard' in my opinion, not feminine.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 09:20
I liked Ali's and Martina's the best, wasn't keen on Jade's, didn't really notice anybody else's Big%20smile
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 10:59
Tess - good colour, but that one-shoulder thing doesn't work for her.

Erin - fabulously elegant as always.

Ola - Blimey, she wore a dress I liked!  Probably distracted me from the first half of the dance while I pondered the fact.

Jade - Proper Princess stuff.  Lovely, even though I'm not a fan of pinky or peachy colours.

Martina - Quite liked it, but she had those bloody wrist hankies I find so distracting on.

Ali - Lovely.

Kristina - Right out of the Tess Daly Purple Quality Street Wrapper Range. 

Can't say I noticed Aliona's , or Lynda's.
Ice Diva View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Ice Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 17:48
I loved the colour of Tess' dress but didn't really like the style very much.

Not sure about the style of Aliona's but beautiful colour and liked Erin's as well.

Ali's was another favourite lovely colour and style.

Really didn't like Kristina's or Lynda's dresses. Don't think Kristina suits the shiny purple and Lynda I just can't put my finger on what was wrong with it but just didn't like it.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 22:37
nodOnly Ola can get away with todays outfit! (I won't say dress)
Ola and Chris looking good together. I loved her green and black dress yesterday.

My daughter said Lynda looked like a fish, with her scaly  red dress.

I liked Jades dress better tonight (or shortie outfit) neckline suited her much better than last nights dress, altho a beautiful dress, the neckline/bust area was not flattering imo for her muscular shape last night, and flattened her chest. At least tonights showed she had cleavage.

The new girls all look good, Erin imo is looking much older (face wise)than them all now, time for her and Anton to retire gracefully.

Deb xox.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 23:14
Jade: lovely apart from the colour.  Moved well and accentuated her hip and body movement

Ali: not keen ion pink but I loved the cut of the dress and the skirt. Great movement

Lynda: Deb, I though fish scales too!!  Should have been a bit shorter to show off her legs (they are her best feature)

Aliona: looked like she'd been to the toilet and got some paper tucked into her knickers.  Not a fan

Oh-la-la: Good God what was she wearing? She looked amazing in what was essentially a couple of chiffon scarves and a bundle of pipe cleaners.

Kristina: the animal print and gold look suits her

Martina: last night I thought she looked very straight up and down in her ballroom gown.  Tonights dress was a good attempt at giving her a waist. Lovely colour, really worked well.

Erin: I don't like feathered lampshades.  As someone who liked to use her skirt a lot in dances, something like this would have driven me crazy!  Loved the colour though!

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 08:25
Why on earth did Tess-yucky-dress choose another off the shoulder number?  I think she probably does have good scaffolding going on underneath, but she pops one hip when she's standing still (most of the time) therefore one side of her body is a bit lower (or droopier) than t'other.

Ola - OMG - I had to call in my hubby to look at what she was nearly wearing.  A few strategically placed sequins and a bit of voile - I could have made that myself with a few bits from Hobby Craft and a glue gun.  I admire her body confidence though - if you've got it - flaunt it!
Terri P
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 09:34
I loved Ola's dress on the first night.  Hated Linda's, I think it might have been the colour.

I loved Ola's dress last night as well, I liked Ali's (with the long triangle bit at the back - pretty colour too).

chesilbeach View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote chesilbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 23:41
Week 2, Friday.

Loved the ballroom dresses, except, I thought Zoe's and Laila's were too long, but loved the simplicity and elegance of them all.

Not so keen on the latin style dresses for the group dance, and hated the blue that Ali was wearing.

Edited by chesilbeach - 25 Sep 2009 at 23:42
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 09:32

Friday 25th September

Loved all the frockss tonight, no 'fishscales' or anything.

My favourites were Laila's red number, and Flavia (who would look good in a brown paper bag), she's looking much 'softer' in my opinion now her hair is longer, loving the eyes too.

Also like Natalie Lowe's , it suited her. (she's quite narrow shouldered i think, )

Actually didn't like Jo Wood's just remembered, or her hair tonight, imo it just made her look older.

terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 09:39
Lynda Bellingham's group dance dress was much better than either of her dresses last week.  I liked Jo Wood's dress - for her.  It wouldn't have been good on anyone else I don't think.
Terri P
Ice Diva View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Ice Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 23:03
Liked most of this weeks dresses although didn't really like Jo's latin dress but overall the dresses were much nicer this week.
*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 09:56
As far as i can remember everyone looked fine except Ali in that blue thing for the group dance, what were the dress makers thinking?? it looked awful!
Actually another one that sticks out is Lailas Tango dress, reminded me of the one Rachel wore for her Tango, had the same fluffy bit at the bottom which covers their feet.  I also thought Natalie C was dressed better this week, especially in her Cha cha dress, thought she looked nice.

Edited by *Poppy* - 28 Sep 2009 at 09:56
chesilbeach View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote chesilbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 13:56
Originally posted by *Poppy*

As far as i can remember everyone looked fine except Ali in that blue thing for the group dance, what were the dress makers thinking?? it looked awful!

I thought it was so unflattering on her - it actually reminded me of the group of "large ladies" in the 1980's who used to tap dance on the variety programmes. Were they called the RolyPoly's or something?
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 21:27
Big%20smile Where is Tess getting her sheet style dresses from?? Is Vernon still picking up the material cheap on Bury/Bolton  Market??

Only say this as I just saw Kylie and Danni Mingogue's one shoulder pieces on X-factor, at the Atlantis Palm hotel . Kylie's green dress was stunning, why can't Tess wear something like this?? Even Danni's looked an original designer dress.  Is Tess on a budget???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>