I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing 2009
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ricky Whittle & Natalie Rowe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ricky Whittle & Natalie Rowe
    Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 12:59

Ricky Whittle (Strictly Come Dancing partner is Natalie Lowe)

TV hunk and actor Ricky Whittle has set millions of teenage hearts racing with his role as Hollyoaks' good boy turned bad, Calvin.

Before he caught the acting bug, Ricky was on the path to football stardom. But, despite being scouted by both Arsenal and Celtic, an injury ended any hopes he had to pursue a professional career and so he began a four-year law degree. Whilst there he began modelling, securing some high-profile campaigns and, after a successful audition for a TV drama, he decided to forego his career in the courts for one on screen.

Hoping to look impressive on the Strictly dance floor, Ricky would love to receive a perfect 40 from the Strictly judges. Known for starring in many Hollyoaks' scenes in not much more than his underwear, Ricky isn't averse to using his best assets to get him through the competition.

He says: "I love all the sexy Latin stuff; the salsa, the rumba. I get flustered in suits, so if I'm in something else it would be better. To be honest if it gets me through to the final I'll dance in my thong!"

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 15:34

Ricky Whittle

Brawny hunk Ricky Whittle has set millions of teenage hearts racing with his role as Hollyoaks’ Calvin Valentine.

He’s hoping to look just as impressive on the Strictly dance floor and would love to receive a perfect 40 from the Strictly judges.

Ricky was born in Oldham. His father was in the RAF which resulted in the family travelling to numerous different RAF bases around the world.

Ricky%20Whittle

Ricky Whittle

He excelled in many sports at school, particularly impressing at football, representing his country at youth level several times. Despite being scouted by both Arsenal and Celtic, an injury ended any hopes he had to pursue a professional career and so Ricky began a four year law degree at Southampton University. Whilst there he began modelling, securing some high profile campaigns.

In 2002, he successfully auditioned for Sky One's Dream Team and played bad boy Ryan Naysmith. He enjoyed the filming experience so much that he decided to forgo his career in the law courts and opted instead to pursue a career on screen.

In 2006 he joined to cast of Channel 4's Hollyoaks and has set many hearts fluttering as good boy turned bad, Calvin Valentine. He has been nominated several times for sexiest male at various soap awards, no doubt helped by his many scenes featuring him in nothing but scantily clad underwear and Heat magazine Torso of the Week features!

Why did you agree to take part in Strictly?

Strictly Come Dancing is the only show that I would do – I love dancing. When I was growing up I hung out with the girls, instead of playing computer games with the boys, and went clubbing and dancing with them.

Yeah I want to win - to go out in week 1 would be catastrophic!

Ricky Whittle

I appreciate all sorts of dance and the chance to learn a new ability is too good to miss. I was an even bigger fan of Come Dancing back in the day, before any celebrities started taking part!

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 15:35

Natalie Lowe

Australian Natalie is 29 years old, and 5’9½”. Natalie’s dance partner is her brother Glenn, and together they have won a string of amateur and professional competitions. Her speciality is Ballroom.

Natalie’s mother and father weren’t dancers apart from the occasion shuffle around the kitchen table, but she was encouraged by her neighbours to start ballroom dancing at three years old. She started out at the local Seven Hills RSL club in 1985.

Natalie%20Lowe

Natalie Lowe

Natalie had her first try out in 1986 with Jonathon Doone and she started competing straight away. She later decided she wanted to dance with her brother Glenn, even though he was 5 years older than her. So she missed out most of her junior years to dance with him and went straight to the adult category.

They competed in small, intensive trips overseas and had lessons from some of the world’s best teachers. Natalie was planning to move to Europe to further her dance education and training, but due to a family illness she stayed in Australia.

What she didn’t realise at the time was that this would be the start of her ‘Strictly’ story, as she was picked to be a regular dancer on ‘Dancing With The Stars’ there. Series 7 is her first on the UK's Strictly Come Dancing.

Natalie on Strictly

I feel most alive when I am on the show.

Natalie Lowe

Natalie has appeared in five series of ‘Dancing With The Stars’ in Australia. She has an impressive track record too, winning Series 1 and coming second in two other series.

She is excited to be competing for the first time in Strictly Come Dancing.

killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 18:07
Another Male Celeb who could get a few female votes as well and I would like to welcome Natalie to the show, judging by her record of achievements, this could be one to watch
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 07:26
Here we go - it's all starting now, The arguement over which celebs have dance training or a dance background and which haven't.  Ricky apparently has an unfair advantage because he trained for 15 hours last year to do that Footloose routine for Comic Relief which, lets face it, boiled down to a couple of minutes of kicks and turns.

Stupid!

Article below:

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 09:01
It's all very predictable isn't it Sleepy
rickyfan View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote rickyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 21:49
think i'll be supporting ricky.  i've not seen her partner before
*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 13:46
After watching them dance twice now i can't decide whether i like them or not.  There is no denying he is very talented but is he humble or is it an act? i can't decide.  I did notice this myself but there is also a thread on DS about it, after he danced he didn't get the same kind of applause from the other celebs and pro's as the others had been getting, so now i'm wondering if they don't like them or they're just jealous Confused
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 23:30

RICKY AND NATALIE

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 23:59

RICHARD AND NATALIE

Post Reply Post Reply