I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sugababes 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 13:39
  • Heidi claimed to be chief plotter behind her shock exit

The pop music industry never stands still, especially not when it comes to the  Sugababes and their constantly revolving line-up.

Within 24 hours of the bestselling girlband of the 21st century officially dumping Keisha Buchanan, the new-look Babes were filming the video for their next single.

And our pictures from the LA desert show that new girl, Jade Ewen, slotted in seamlessly beside Amelle Berrabah and Heidi Range as they shot About A Girl.

Enlarge   All%20new%20look:%20Jade%20Ewen,%20Heidi%20Range%20and%20Amelle%20Berrabah%20shoot%20their%20new%20Sugababes%20video%20just%20a%20day%20after%20founding%20member%20Keisha%20Buchanan%20quit

All new look: Jade Ewen, Heidi Range and Amelle Berrabah shoot their new Sugababes video just a day after founding member Keisha Buchanan quit

The trio cavorted around in leather outfits as they attempt to up the raunch factor for a crack at America on Jay-Z's label, Roc Nation.

The high stakes go some way to explaining the ugly split that left Keisha so upset she burst into tears in the middle of a nightclub.

Turmoil has played a huge part in the evolution of the group but the speed of the management's action has taken the world of pop by surprise.

Keisha officially left the band only on Monday, citing a break down in trust and a lack of communication when it had seemed Amelle would be the one leaving.

New%20Sugababes

Getting in synch: Amelle and Heidi fall in to line behind their new colleague Jade as they film About A Girl

Begging%20for%20a%20chance:%20Jade%20takes%20on%20a%20puppy%20pose%20at%20the%20head%20of%20the%20trio%20in%20the%20dance%20move

Begging for a chance: Jade takes on a puppy pose at the head of the trio in the dance move

But within hours, they new-look trio - with Amelle at the heart of the action - were strutting their stuff in the Santa Clarita desert just outside LA.

And there was no time to worry about Keisha's feelings.

The trio performed separate dance routines during the morning and then came together for the first time for a synchronised routine during the heat of the afternoon.

About A Girl features the new Sugababes in sexy studded leather outfits, with Heidi springing out of a car and tossing her hair around while her stunt double beats up a man.

It is Heidi who has been labelled as chief agitator in the break-up of the line-up which had survived three-plus years since Amelle joined in place of Mutya Buena.

Sugababes
Sugababes

The new girl: Eurovision star Jade slotted seamlessly into the band - she apparently found the offer too good to turn down

Tensions were said to be high between Amelle and Keisha and claims emerged today that Heidi wanted an end to the infighting before the assault on America - and struck a secret deal with Amelle.

Hours after announcing the news on Twitter, Keisha headed out to party - with a reputed six-figure settlement in her purse - and tried to put on a brave face.

The 24-year-old went at the Red Bull Fashion Factory party in London on Monday night.

But she was unable to maintain the facade and burst into tears in the middle of the party, having to be comforted by Oritse Williams of JLS.

heidi%20range
Heidi%20

Still got it: Heidi, said to be a leading agitator behind the split, shakes her thang during a scene by a hot American motor

New%20Sugababes
heidi%20range

Getting into the groove: Heidi shows her passion with provocative scenes

Heidi%20Range

Killer heels and hot wheels: Heidi springs into action as she emerges from the car

Just two weeks earlier, Keisha had talked excitedly about the desert shoot and evealed she had given up junk food to get into shape.

It was on that night at nightclub Movida that rumours of a rift between the girls surfaced after Amelle, 26, failed to show up for a gig, leaving Keisha and Heidi, 25, to sing as a duo.

At the time Keisha said Amelle's no-show was down to a close friend of hers being involved in a car crash.

Sugababes

Going nowhere: Amelle was initially believed to be the one leaving the band to work on a solo career but she's staying put

Keisha%20Buchanan

Distraught: Axed Sugababe Keisha on Monday at Heathrow Airport

With rumours of a bust-up between Amelle and Keisha, it had seemed that Amelle was on her way out of the band.

Instead when Jade goes into the recording studio to record vocals for the upcoming album Sweet 7, it will be Keisha's voice the guys in the studio will be erasing.

According to reports in The Sun today, Heidi wanted a less headstrong character in the band and the management plumped for former Eurovision singer Jade after a week of hasty auditions.

A source told the newspaper: 'Keisha clashed with Amelle since she joined.

'Heidi did not want to be in a position where a big bust-up might arise while they're promoting their material Stateside.

'So she persuaded management a less headstrong character would be better suited to the group.'

Speaking of Keisha's breakdown on Monday night, a source at the London Fashion Week party, in New Oxford Street, said: 'Michelle Williams [of Destiny’s Child] was the first to share words of encouragement.

Pushing%20the%20right%20buttons:%20Jades%20performance%20in%20the%20desert%20wasnt%20too%20dusty

Pushing the right buttons: Jade's performance in the desert wasn't too dusty

Jade%20Ewen
jade%20ewen

Scorching: Jade cuts a dash in studded corset, hot pants and boots

'But it all got too much for Keisha, who started to cry in the middle of the party and Oritse from JLS had to comfort her.

'It was heartbreaking. She felt devastated about what happened and thinks everyone thinks she’s a b***h when she did everything she could to make it work between her and Heidi and Amelle.'

Sugababes

Grabbing her opportunity: Jade shows no signs of letting the controversy affect her as she settles into the job

Sugababes

Almost ready for my close-up: The former UK Eurovision singer fixes her hair

Thirsty%20work:%20Jade%20sips%20from%20a%20water%20bottle%20during%20a%20break%20in%20the%20desert%20heat

Thirsty work: Jade sips from a water bottle during a break in the desert heat

Keisha’s replacement, 21-year-old Jade Ewen, was poached from her own record label a week ago, despite releasing her single My Man on Monday. 

A source said: 'Jade was approached by the Sugababes’ record label Island last week and pretty much bundled onto a plane to LA on the same day, where they were shooting the next video.'

Jade represented the UK in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest, singing My Time. The source added: 'Her profile’s pretty big since Eurovision, but she felt she couldn’t say no. 

'Her own record label didn’t even know she had gone, so were getting panicky.'

Posting a message on Twitter, Buchanan, who has been in the band for 11 years, said: 'Although it was not my choice to leave, it's time to enter a new chapter in my life.'

She stressed that she had 'nothing but positive things to say about the girls' adding: 'I would like to state that there were no arguments, bullying or anything of the sort that lead to this.'

Sugababes

Missing member: Heidi and Keisha perform as a duo two weeks ago after Amelle failed to turn up - the first hint of a possible break in the ranks

But she also said: 'Sometimes a break down in communication and lack of trust can result in many different things.

'I would also like to point out that I have always supported the girls and they have also supported me.'

Keisha will remain with the record company Island Records to pursue her solo career, a spokesman for the band confirmed.

Source
Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 13:41
My tribute (I'm so sad, LAVS IT!)

Hatred at Youtube quality
OH NO SHE DI'NT
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 13:44
That last pic above is from the Rock Against Racism concert. And I think I might have to review my opinion of Jade :woo:
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 13:45
Ace Reject Heart
Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 13:56
Originally posted by Darth Disco

That last pic above is from the Rock Against Racism concert. And I think I might have to review my opinion of Jade :woo:

You only went there to cause a riot

And Jade looks skanky, they all do!

And Ace Reject <3333333333333333333333333
OH NO SHE DI'NT
Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 14:00

I lol'd... Hard.
OH NO SHE DI'NT
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 16:01
Big%20smile

Never mind all that - how prophetic was this? It really IS Jade's Time!

Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 16:24
Baby gurl, I'm no oil painting, but fuck me! The teeth on THAT!
OH NO SHE DI'NT
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 17:36
Originally posted by Kevin

Nothing a belt in the mush off Keisha won't sort out!
Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 18:37

Nothing a belt in the mush off Keisha won't sort out!

That's why I love you -kiss kiss-
OH NO SHE DI'NT
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 20:01
Hug

ALSO, look at the pics of Heidi from the video set. If they ever remake Grease, she should totally be Sandy.
Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 20:47

Hug
<FONT style=": #000033"> 

<FONT style=": #000033">ALSO, look at the pics of Heidi from the video set. If they ever remake Grease, she should totally be Sandy.

She should totally fall in a ditch.
OH NO SHE DI'NT
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 19:45

I combat your H8 with positivity Tongue
Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 21:55

I combat your H8 with positivity Tongue

Lick me!
OH NO SHE DI'NT
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 13:27
Only if you're chocolate (not racist)
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 14:04
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

I loved the sugababes, but they just arent really the sugababes any more. Keshia should get to gether with Mutya and Siobhan and reform the original line up.   

Ooer! A day after you posted the above...

The idea of reforming the original Sugababes line-up of Mutya Buena, Keisha Buchanan and Siobhan Donaghy has been suggested by Mutya while chatting to Lorraine Kelly on GMTV.

She said the band is not the Sugababes anymore since it has nobody in it from the start.

She said: "So hooking up with the rest of the girls - I think that could be an amazing idea, definitely."

Mutya reads the Blue Room forum obviously *screams!*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>