I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FAO Alex: Malware Report?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAO Alex: Malware Report?
    Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 02:24
Browsing the forum tonight I got a malware alert from my antivirus program.

It was only in one thread: the 'Grandma Alice' thread in the 'Forever in our Thoughts' section. The details of the report are:

The website at www.theblueroom.me.uk contains elements from the site www.mustangmods.com, which appears to host malware - software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.mustangmods.com.

It's never happened before but what with the password problem a few days ago, I thought it was worth a mention.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 09:49
Ooer! Right, I'm going to delete that thread immediately. We've got alerts that automatically update the BR for viruses but maybe that slipped through, thanks!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 10:10
OK the reason it slipped through is because it's an image hosting site. I've never heard of it and certainly don't use it so I'm thinking it's via avatars that people have loaded.

People be VERY careful where you get your avatars from. Save the avatars onto your desktop, then load them to here from there instead of linking to a site.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 10:32
Ah right, actually that would make sense.  Do you really need to delete the thread?  It's just that it is obviously an emotional subject for the original poster.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 10:37
I contacted the original poster of that thread and explained to her what I had to do.
 Post Reply Post Reply