I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Madonna - Celebration (new single)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madonna - Celebration (new single)
    Posted: 29 July 2009 at 16:33

Not a great quality recording because it hasn't leaked properly yet but we can at least hear it. What do you think? Sounds like a big hit to me but it's all about the bassline and drums because there's not much of a song to speak of. It's about time she went back to writing songs with her POP collaborators then got a dance producer to actually produce them.

The new greatest hits, Celebration, is out around September (most places have different release dates) and is apparently a double CD release. She won't be able to please everyone with that because with around 70 or so singles, there's no way she'll be able to include them all and we all have our own favourites. At least she's made more effort with this than GHV2, which was lazy beyond belief - not a single new song on it and all tracks were single edits apart from 'What It Feels Like For A Girl' which was garbage in ANY form .

I love the other new song, Revolver, but the lyrics are dodgy to say the LEAST! That hasn't leaked either but the demo, with some signer called RaVaughan(?), has. Lil Wayne's contribution is also supposed to have been removed from the GH version.

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 14:15
:GASP:

I've got the proper song! Sounds very different to that remix above (and much better).
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 17:43
GRRR tried to put this on YouTube and it says the duration is something like a week long. Madonna's a crafty cow. The actual length is 3:35.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 20:30
Oooh here it is proper! I love this more and more every time I listen (about 20 times now)

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 12:15
All removed! Bloody hel, she's quick!

I think from now on any mention of Her Madge's proper name on here should be altered

Is the Revolver version you're talking about the one I gave you and Bendy? I love RaVaughan's version, still playing it after all this time

Celebration IS def growing on me the more I hear it but I've got the Oakenfold 12" Dub Remix 6 min remix VERY different, love it instantly. If anyone wants it, email me or better still, I think we should put all the music blogs in one thread. There's about four I use all the time (though one's been hacked again by an arsehole called Drew). When downloading I always prefer it if they use MediaFire, far more reliable than rapidshare and the rest.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 13:13
The Madonna police will have been out in full force yesterday because that's when it leaked. i was lucky to come across it when I did cos it'll have been long removed by now. Mediafire is much better than the others, I hate Rapidshare although Megaupload is quite nice although that has a waiting time too. Putting the music blogs on one thread would be good, one of us should start it and I've got work in 2 hours Wink

In RELATED news, here's the supposed track listing for the new greatest hits

Disc 1
1. Celebration
2. 4 Minutes
3. Hung up
4. Die Another Day
5. Rain or Music
6. Beautiful Stranger
7. Ray of Light
8. Take A Bow
9. Deeper and Deeper
10. Justify My love
11. Vogue
12. Express Yourself
13. La Isla Bonita
14. Open Your Heart
15. Crazy For You
16. Dress You Up
17. Material Girl
18. Lucky Star
19. Everybody

Disc 2
1. Holiday
2. Borderline
3. Like A Virgin
4. Into The Groove
5. Live To Tell
6. Papa Don't Preach
7. Who's That Girl
8. Like A Prayer
9. Used To Be My Playground
10. Dear Jessie
11. Secret
12. You Must Love Me
13. Frozen
14. The Power of Goodbye
15. Don't Tell Me
16. Hollywood
17. Sorry
18. Give It To Me
19. Revolver

That's not definite though and I don't think she'd put Rain in over Music (still one of my favourites). ACTUALLY, I feel a Top 20 Madonna countdown coming on :woo:
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 13:15
LOON UP LOON UP
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 13:21
Originally posted by Darth Disco

ACTUALLY, I feel a Top 20 Madonna countdown coming on

That'll be our next Bluevision comp!
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 13:26
YES! We have to honour our glorious leader.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 13:49

YES! We have to honour our glorious leader.

Make sure we all know when the competition starts, give fair warning as all the good Madge songs will be used up as with the duets (naming no names - JON!)
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 18:14

Her Majesty the Queen has loads of good songs and Jon will only be allowed two, it's nobody's fault you two have the same dreadful taste (I saw what you said about me last night J-town).

This can start on Monday, will post a new thread.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 18:21
haha will have mine ready for the second you put up thread - YOU have unfair advantage cos you can post yours at the time you do thread!!!!
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 14:54
Anyone got the album yet? It's supposedly been completely remastered but I can't hear much difference except for on Lucky Star and Burning Up, both of which sound fantastic. They've used that rubbish Shep Pettibone remix of Express Yourself instead of the far superior single version though. Also, they should have used the Confessions tour studio version of Like A Virgin (with original vox), even as a bonus track. When I do it properly for my ipod, that and the Confessions tour version of Express Yourself will replace the originals.

Revolver is also a lot better than the RaVaughan demo. Madonna sounds like she did before Evita, when she got all shrieky.
Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 14:55
I LOVE Revolver & Celebration (Not the stupid remix that is on the music channels though)
OH NO SHE DI'NT
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 14:59
I shoot em BANG BANG

I quite like the Benassi remix of Celebration up to a point but it's all about Revolver for me. The only downside is I can see her flinging her clunge about in a leotard again for the video (if the lazy cow makes one). Sex with Madonna WOULD probably kill a person now - you'd slash yourself to death on her jaggedy bones.
Kevin View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 15:00

Sex with Madonna WOULD probably kill a person now - you'd slash yourself to death on her jaggedy bones.

You dirty foul bastard... LOL
OH NO SHE DI'NT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>