I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whitney Houston - I Look To You

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whitney Houston - I Look To You
    Posted: 29 July 2009 at 14:41
Right, I love Whitney but if this is her comeback single then I am distraught. It's just OK but she needs a club banger.

Is it just me, or has the crack damaged her voice beyond repair? It's changed so MUCH.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 14:48
Yes this is the come back single, the album is meant to be a return to her big ballad roots.

Sounds a bit like it might be practically a gospel choir album.

Her voice is still very good but it has completely changed from the Crack, raspy not as strong, breaks in her rage where she now has to go into head voice for the high notes, and the riffing isnt anywhere near as crisp as it once was.

Good to see her back on her feet and recording again but I don't think we will ever have the real Whitney back.

More on her site http://www.whitneyhouston.com
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 15:12
Apparently she has Akon and Alicia Keys-produced tracks on the album which bode well for me, but I think this song is pretty limp and won't do so well.

My Love Is Your Love is my favourite album of hers. I'd have welcomed a new album that sounded like that, along with some Step By Steps and I'm Every Womans. She'll also need to promote the hell out of this because apart from the diva-loving gays, most people under 30 won't give a toss about her or the album.
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 15:16
Can't listen at work, but will do later. I read a very complimentary review of her album launch, saying there are some crackers on the album.

What ana amazing talent she was once, great to see her back and hopefully with the drugs totally behind her.

Agree with you though Darth, there's a lot of people won't give a toss about this release - we've got used to Mariah, Leona, Alicia et al giving us the diva moments recently.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 15:21
Yeah read some reports from her listening party and sounds like there might be a few tracks that could become hits.

I love all the 80's stuff, and the bodyguard stuff, out of her later stuff I like Learned from the Best, It's not right. I think one of my all time faves is All At Once

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 15:25
Here's a recent interview from YouTube. Poor old Clive Davis can hardly move his face for the botox. He knows his stuff when it comes to his ladies so I imagine the album will be great but I wish she'd come back with an uptempo number to grab peoples' attention.

A warts and all interview with someone like Oprah would be amazing but I doubt she'll even address the drugs and divorce. Less of the ice-queen would also do her favours with casual fans, as much as I love it.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 15:27
Does anyone think she's getting a look of Tina Turner about her these days too?
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 20:14
OMG I need to see this IMMEDIATELY

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 17:27
Did anyone see the Oprah interview? There's a link to it I can post for those who want to watch. Whitney was definitely the most normal I have ever seen her in the interview. Oprah was her usual overkill self - 'you're the voice, the VOICE, THE. VOICE.' and so on but Whitney didn't shy away from anything. I love her even more now.
Hannah Louise View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Hannah Louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 16:56
Whitneys comeback album is VERY good and there are some right cracking songs on there! She will never be the Whitney that we know and love but it is good to see her back!
 Post Reply Post Reply