I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A poo at Pauls house

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A poo at Pauls house
    Posted: 27 July 2009 at 13:01
I know there are some seriously crap (pardon the pun) adverts about, but I had heard people talking about this one and not until last week did I see it for myself. It makes me want to tear my own skin off with a rusty blade...

Edited by Jonnyboy - 27 July 2009 at 13:02
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 13:07
Surely it is the worst made advert ever??? I hate it so false it's untrue
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 13:12
i also hate it.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 13:14
when was it ok to start talking about poo like that? I know its a part of life but purlease! we are british and don't want to see that kind of thing on our adverts *cringe* 
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 14:23
I tend to hate most adverts and this one is no exception. It looks like one of those foreign dubbed ones even though their lips appear to be forming English words. I think most advertisers think their audience is retarded.

You can't beat the Irn Bru ads:

Edited by Darth Disco - 27 July 2009 at 14:23
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 15:42
Talking of disgusting adverts, this makes me ashamed to be Scottish. I want a lighting rig to collapse right onto that hag Lulu at the end. And Sean Connery can wind his neck in and fuck RIGHT off. Stupid old hypocritical twats the pair of them. :grr:

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 17:51
dont lie, you sang along and got all teary eyed didnt you? 
Rose View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Madam Whiplash

Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 21:28
Lulu Have Never Never liked her ...

Scotland love the place with passion ...
Rose View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Madam Whiplash

Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 21:31

Re the pauls poo advert ,

I think the woman is having an affair with Paul and send the little boy off to poo for 1/2 an hour ..

BuddyB View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote BuddyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 09:32
As another Scot I like the ad until the Sean Connery bit, not because I don't like him (I do), but because he didn't sing so he shouldn't be in it and then when Lulu came on it turned me right off.  I can't stand her and I don't usually say this kind of thing, but I don't know anyone who's head is further up their own a*se.
I'm surrounded by numpties...please rescue me!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 14:55
Poo at Paul's house - Grrr!

Talking of bad adverts, two to traumatise little kids everywhere:

Creepcity

Freakcity (is he half puppet to look like the guy on the box? That was a good idea!)

And one to scare us adults shitless (thanks Andrew!)

What the F&*k?

Watching this thing with no sound at all, and just the woman in her featureless beauty mask, would qualify this ad for nightmare fuel. But add the song "You Are So Beautiful," to the background, and it takes it to a whole, new, ball-shriveling level.

Holy hell, that is one creepy... what exactly? Well, apparently, the Rejuvenique is an electric stimulator slash spare Halloween costume which uses metal bolts on the inside of the mask to zap your facial muscles and rejuvenate them, in a process which, in the scientific community, is known as The Frankenstein Principle, from the University of Gimmicky Bullshit.

And this piece of revolutionary merchandise is not only for the gals. Men worldwide <ooer! with that little vain psychopath inside of them, can also experience the pleasure of being electrocuted right in the face while sporting the Michael Myers look. Now, we are not psychologists or anything (at least according to the court system), but we do question the wisdom of equipping a man with a famed murderer look and then pissing him off by electrocuting his face.

Man, if it wasn't for this magazine to read, I would murder everyone in the house.

The most spectacular part of the commercial, however, is when it warns the potential customers that you should NEVER (written in blood red letters) get the Rejuvenique wet... while they show a character in a bathtub.

Source: cracked.com

Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 18:19
Well I'm back from holiday and the first thing I read on BR is this thread and see the Rejuvenate video.  I didn't think it was real until I googled it.  OMG - it's like something out of Doctor Who!
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
loopy-lou55 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote loopy-lou55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 22:30

now this one is strange - who would pay 40 pounds for a creepy male doll that wees??
Also, the irish version, thats even creepier!!
(sorry for the amount of edits, was trying to get link to work)

Edited by loopy-lou55 - 28 July 2009 at 22:38
BuddyB View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote BuddyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 22:44

Is it just me or does anyone else cringe at the title of this thread?!Ermm
I'm surrounded by numpties...please rescue me!
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 01:29
Re-Baby Pee Pee ... SERIOUSLY, who in their right mind sat in the boardroom and said: "This will catch on!"
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Sharon View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 09:33
Originally posted by Rose

Re the pauls poo advert ,

I think the woman is having an affair with Paul and send the little boy off to poo for 1/2 an hour ..

I also hate this advert, the children laugh at me because I switch channels as soon as it comes on
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>