I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Benny Andersson Band - Story Of A Heart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Benny Andersson Band - Story Of A Heart
    Posted: 07 July 2009 at 21:50
Have many people heard this yet? It's the new single by Benny Andersson of Abba fame, and written by him and Bjorn as far as I know. It sounds like a long lost Abba track (amazing, obv) but as good as it is (I love it), it lacks the personalities of Agnetha and Frida. What do you think?

veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 21:54
I heard it on the radio a few times last week, I quite like it, it's catchy and very Abba ish which is no bad thing.
Now you come to mention it I think it does lack a certain something, still a good track though
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 22:05
The singer's voice is great and I love it as it is, but I keep hearing Agnetha & Frida belt it out in my head. It could be stunning if sung by them.
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 21:36
It has been Ken Bruce's album of the week this week so I've heard a few more tracks from this band.
There seems to be quite a mix of styles and what I've heard of the album is very good. Strong vocals, I don't know who the lady is but she can belt them out alright.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 22:13
I downloaded it the other day. There's nothing else like Story Of A Heart on the album at all, it's quite folky in places. The singer is called Helen Sjoholm. They were doing something in London this week, I was reading some comments on another site about their show and all were positive. They did a few Abba songs too but not the ones you'd expect, apparently.
 Post Reply Post Reply