I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liarraine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liarraine
    Posted: 03 June 2009 at 09:43
TV%20Biz%20-%20Edited%20by%20Sara%20Nathan.%20Got%20a%20story?%20Call%20me%20on%20020%207782%204274,%20Colin%20Robertson%20on%20020%207782%204031%20or%20Jen%20Blackburn%20on%20020%207782%204641
function slideShowPopup(url) { fPopUp(820,680,url); return false; }
Watch%20her%20squirm%20...%20Lorraine%20looks%20uncomfortable%20as%20shes%20quizzed%20over%20fib%20on%20CV

Watch her squirm ... Lorraine looks uncomfortable as she's quizzed over fib on CV

By COLIN ROBERTSON

Published: Today

APPRENTICE wannabe Lorraine Tighe is caught LYING on her CV in tonight's semi-final.

Lorraine, 36 - who we revealed has been dragged into an £8million fraud investigation - claimed she worked for an employer a YEAR longer than she did.

Under%20fire%20...%20Kate%20makes%20her%20point%20in%20tough%20interview

Under fire ... Kate makes her point in tough interview

But her ploy is soon uncovered after the five remaining contestants submit themselves to a round of aggressive interviews from Sir Alan Sugar's close business pals.

See a preview of The Apprentice, Wednesday at 9pm on BBC One, below.

click through to watch

Karren Brady, the managing director of Birmingham City Football Club and SunSport columnist, has Lorraine rumbled.

Skeletons

She tells her: "If intuition is your gift, why didn't you use it to put your correct dates of employment down?

"You've overstated your length of time working in your current employment by 12 months, which is quite significant."

Heres%20to%20us%20...%20final%20five%20raise%20a%20toast%20before%20interviews

Here's to us ... final five raise a toast before interviews

Flummoxed Lorraine struggles for words - and eventually tries to wriggle out of her deceit by claiming it was a "misprint".

She tells the panel: "I suppose I have not fully succeeded in the way that I think I am capable of."

But Karren fires back: "So is that why you lied on your CV?"

Lorraine, who admits her CV is "like a graveyard of skeletons", is desperate to land the £100,000 job with Sir Alan.

The accounts manager is convinced she has not fulfilled her career potential.

She is under investigation by HM Revenue and Customs over a fortune in tax and VAT that her construction mogul father Jim, 53, is suspected of dodging.

Brady%20crunch%20...%20Yasmina%20gets%20a%20grilling%20from%20Karren

Brady crunch ... Yasmina gets a grilling from Karren

She says tonight: "I haven't really fulfilled my full capacity. I don't want to go through my whole life feeling like that and that was one of the main reasons I want to work for Sir Alan.

"I think he will bring out for me what I know is inside."

Despite her fib, Lorraine could still be in with a chance - because last year's winner Lee McQueen was also found to have cheated on his CV.

He claimed he spent two years at university, when he stayed only four months.

And Lorraine is not the only Apprentice to be dragged over the coals tonight.

Show favourite Yasmina Siadatan, 27, is blasted after she fails to remember the turnover of her own company.

Liar%20...%20Lee%20McQueen

Liar ... Lee McQueen

On%20the%20rack%20...%20James%20waits%20for%20interview

On the rack ... James waits for interview

Multi-millionaire businessman Claude Litner snaps: "If you don't know your turnover, that is a pretty sad indictment of your business."

James McQuillan, 32, is slammed for his "gibberish" CV and Debra Barr, 24, is branded "rude and aggressive".

Brummie blonde Kate Walsh, 27, admits she is motivated to succeed by her mum.

Sir Alan will fire three contestants tonight.

An Apprentice special, The Final Five, airs on BBC1 at 8pm followed by the main show at 9pm.

The surviving two will battle it out in the final on Sunday.

Edited by Jonnyboy - 03 June 2009 at 09:44
 Post Reply Post Reply