I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Play Would You Like To See?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Play Would You Like To See?
    Posted: 31 May 2009 at 21:58
I was wandering what play/musical which people wanted to see?

I would love to see Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Wicked and Les Miserables. 
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 10:00
I would like to see Wicked. That has been playing in Melbourne and hasn't been to Sydney yet. I've seen the others you have mentioned as professional productions. We have a local amateur theatre group and they have put on Cats, Les Miserable, Guys and Dolls and Calamity Jane and I have seen their versions too.

However, my next wish would be to see them on Broadway one day.

Can you tell I like musicals?

I am not big on dramas though. I did see some Shakespearean pieces when I was in high school, like Hamlet and Julius Caesar.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 10:41
hmmm long list

Wicked, Sister Act, Dirty Dancing, Lion King, la cage aux folles there are loads
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 11:10
Really want to see Wicked.

Seeing Priscilla in July, that will have to do for now! And I'd be very happy to see Les Mis again (even Susan Boyle can't ruin it for me)

I'd be interested to see Jude Law as Hamlet too.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 11:45
pracilla is another I really want to go and see.

I wuld go and see Phantom/Les Mis again and again, also wish they would bring back Miss Saigon.
Laura View Drop Down
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 12:40
loved Miss Saigon
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 14:23
I never saw Miss Saigon. It was on last year in Sydney and I didn't get a chance to see it.
I did see Lion King and Beauty and the Beast a few years ago (Hugh Jackman played Gaston, before he was really well known).

What about the Boy from Oz? If it went to the West End, would you see it? I loved it with Hugh Jackman and saw the original with Todd McKenney. I would love to see this one again.

What's the name of the musical where its performed on roller skates and I think they were supposed to be trains? I wouldn't mind seeing that again. Last time I saw it - about 20 years ago, the whole experience was ruined because it was done under a giant marquee and it rained and of course the marquee leaked and they had to cancel the performance halfway through because it was too dangerous.
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 18:18
Is Susan Boyle doing Les Miserables?

Star Light Express Margi?
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2009 at 17:48
Thanks Catwoman
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 02:36
Mary Poppins is coming to Australia early next year, but its going to open in Melbourne first, so I'll have to wait at least 18 months before it gets to Sydney. A long wait.
BuddyB View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote BuddyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 13:14
Wicked , Billy Elliot, Hairspray, Sister Act and Chicago - Clapand anything I've seen before except Chess!
I'm surrounded by numpties...please rescue me!
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 17:32
I would love to see Sister Act and 9 to 5: The Musical. I love both films although when it comes to Hairspray, I prefer the original.
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 12:53
my mum is going to see Sister Act at the London Palladium on Saturday, it is all paid for by where she works, their treat lol as the daughter of one of the doctor's where she works is in it, she is a dancer, thinks she plays a nun? they get travel, tickets and a meal all paid for, will let everyone know what she thinks of it, it is supposed to be good....

Edited by vicki - 19 Aug 2009 at 12:54

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 13:29
Off to see Momma Mia this weekend
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 23:33
Hope that you really enjoyed Mamma Mia Jonny, we saw it not long after it opened in the west End, must of been in about 2000, loved it , it was brilliant and one of our top musicals we have seen of them all

my mum really enjioyed Sister Act, she said it was a bit slow to get into it and get started, and also , they use none of the songs from the film in it, they sing all new/different songs and it was quite different from the film, but she said Sheila Hancock was outstanding and fantastic, everyone was up dancing in the aisles at the end and really enjoyed it, only thing was they had sold completely out of programmes, so they were not able to get one which was a bit of a shame, also ,Whoopi goldberg makes a vocieover announcement at the beginnig which she said was funny

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 09:12
Mama Mia was amazing, a really good feel good show, I had a blokes head in front of my view all the way through which was a shame as I couldn't see the center of the stage without tilting my head to the side. But fab anyway
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>