I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Play Would You Like To See?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Play Would You Like To See?
    Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 17:31
Now that I have retired and not restricted by time, I have got tickets to see Legally Blonde for Dec, a Dr Who symphony concert with the actress who plays River Song and the actor who plays Rory's dad coming over for it. I'm seeing War Horse next year and we did book our tickets for Driving Miss Daisy with Angela Lansbuey and Jamed Earl Jones starring in it. We are also looking at getting tickets for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Sydney is having a theatrical boom at the moment.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 15:05
Driving Miss Daisy is coming to Sydney, so I don't have to worry about the logistics of booking for the Brisbane season. I'll have to keep an eye out for ticket sales, as they will probably go quickly.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 02:41
Driving Miss Daisy is coming to Australia next year. I want to see it, but have to work out the logistics. It has a limited run in Brisbane only which means return flights and a hotel stay in Brisbane. We don't often have famous over seas actors starring in plays in Australia, but Angela Lansbury and James Earl Jones star in it.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2010 at 16:28
I am hoping to see Mary Poppins in Melbourne in September. I am flying to Melbourne for a week's holiday in the next school break.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 08:14
I saw Les Mis in March and its brilliant Catwoman.  The lead guy John Valjohn (John Owen Jones) is amazing.  I bawled like a baby, its so so good and is my No 1 show I've seen.

I saw the 39 Steps last week and it was a lot of fun.  Very well done.  I really enjoyed it.

Also booked to see Calendar Girls in July (as well as the Hobbit and Snow White on Ice).  Lots of good stuff in Norwich this year.

I love going to the theatre Big%20smile but agree its very expensive Confused

A couple of years ago I saw Starlight Express and that was brilliant.

I'd love to see Mamma Mia and Blood Brothers also, but I know I'd cry at that.

Edited by Eviesmum - 28 Apr 2010 at 08:25
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 21:33
I am going to see Les Miserables in August I am so excited.
PintOfPartridge View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote PintOfPartridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 12:44
This is going to sound like a really silly suggestion, but I'd love to see Rent the Musical (again) but with John Partridge playing Rodger. I think he suits the part perfectly but unfortuntely, he finished that role around 7 years ago, and in Germany! Doesn't look like it's going to happen. :( 
Love the JP!
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 23:04
West Side Story is coming to Sydney next year - I want to see it. I can't remember seeing it performed here in the last 20 years or so. I have seen the movie.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 17:52
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

No film version Darth

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 17:01
Originally posted by Laura

Saw Priscilla and it was ultimately disappointing, but a good time was had by all as it was my friend's hen do and everyone else loved it.

SO expensive to go to theatre...

Its a shame it wasn't up to expectations. I loved it when I saw it here, but probably because of the Aussie theme and how we related to some of the jokes etc. I have never seen Jason Donovan perform in a musical, so I can't relate to him in that show.

I am going to see Wicked later this year and am looking forward to it. Also have tickets to see Andrei Rieu in October.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 10:33
No film version Darth
millie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote millie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 22:17
Originally posted by Darth Disco

I've never seen Blood Brothers but we did do a scene from it in my drama class. I thought it was going to be for the end of term show and was cock-a-hoop because I loved what we did but it was never mentioned after that day. We ended up doing a shortened version of an Italian thing called Blood Wedding (I was the groom first and only time in my LIFE)

Anyway, I never followed up on it. So is there a film version and is it any good?
not sure wether there is a film version,i've only seen the play..i loved it and deffo want to see it again
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 22:08
I've never seen Blood Brothers but we did do a scene from it in my drama class. I thought it was going to be for the end of term show and was cock-a-hoop because I loved what we did but it was never mentioned after that day. We ended up doing a shortened version of an Italian thing called Blood Wedding (I was the groom first and only time in my LIFE)

Anyway, I never followed up on it. So is there a film version and is it any good?
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 19:34
oh they do the ping poing wife!!

to be honest i saw the film when it came out so can't remember much. it's not a show for kids, but some were present.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 17:44
how does it compare to the film? Lots they wouldn't be able to do, like the ping pong wife etc
Laura View Drop Down
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 17:33
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

Oh Laura, was it not good, I was hoping to go and see that next.

for a singalong fun show with mates it's fine. Jason Donovan is very average, his voice doesn't stand up to the test, for me. The other two leads were really good though. There are some funny lines (you'll never look at a ginger nut the same...) and fab costumes and some excellent staging and routines. But as a classic west end show, it's just not up there.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>