I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sugar ’n spite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sugar ’n spite
    Posted: 27 May 2009 at 09:16

Strum%20thing%20odd%20...%20Kates%20air%20guitar%20solo

Strum thing odd ... Kate's air guitar solo

By SARA NATHAN
TV Editor

Published: Today

A SALES pitch turns into a sales BITCH on The Apprentice tonight as the girls sharpen their claws on a home-shopping channel.

The fur flies as soon as Sir Alan Sugar challenges the hopefuls to get selling on cheesy telly channel Ideal World.

Worried%20...%20project%20manager%20Howard

Worried ... project manager Howard

He tells them: "This is one of my favourite tasks. It is all about choosing the right products, the right target audience and seeing how the candidates cope under pressure.

"I am not looking for TV presenters, I am just looking for someone with real business flair."

Catfight%20...%20Debra

Catfight ... Debra

Kent News and Pictures

Having been branded "trouble" by Sir Alan, it seems Debra Barr, 24, has met her match as Yasmina, 27, nicks the role of Empire's project manager out from underneath her.

Yasmina says: "I actually really want to be the project manager. I need you to be happy though." 

Visibly frustrated, Debra replies: "If you want to be the project manager be project manager. What do you want me to do, kiss your feet?"

Then she remarks: "In this process the only other person I have met who is just as dominant and just as stifling as me is actually Yasmina."

But Yasmina hits back: "I would employ Debra to work in my organisation but I would employ her to work in an environment where you had to be really harsh and you weren't allowed to be friends with other employees."

Feisty%20...%20Yasmina

Feisty ... Yasmina

BBC

Over on Ignite, where Howard Ebison volunteers to be project manager, relationships are just as troubled when Lorraine Tighe indirectly insults Kate Walsh while complimenting Howard.

She tells him: "What I will say is I was very surprised at how good you are and how good you look on camera actually.

"No offence to you Kate... You're looking at me like you want to kill me. Kate is giving me dagger eyes."

Satnav%20...%20Lorraine

Satnav ... Lorraine

Kate scowls: "I will give you dagger eyes if you keep saying that. Comments like that are disruptive to a team so sometimes you need to know when to not say anything."

Later Kate sheds her inhibitions selling an air-guitar toy, by falling to her knees and yelling: "I'm releasing my inner rock goddess."

Both teams are given an opportunity to warm-up before their live appearance on one of the country's biggest shopping channels.

Trying to sell a satnav system, Lorraine tells viewers: "It will save you from having lots of accidents."

With her head in her hands, the supervising producer screams: "She can't talk accidents! No!"

• FIND out who is fired on BBC1 tonight at 9pm.

• Edited by Jonnyboy - 27 May 2009 at 09:16
     Post Reply Post Reply