I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What have you seen lately at the theatre?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What have you seen lately at the theatre?
    Posted: 23 May 2009 at 13:59
I saw the Australian production of Guys and Dolls today in Sydney. Always love this show. This is the second professional production I have seen (last time it was 20 years ago). Its good to see new musicals as well as the revivals of classical Broadway musicals like Guys and Dolls.

This weekend its Red Shield appeal for the Salvation Army in Australia, where volunteers door knock to raise funds for the Salvos, so at the end of the show, the actor who played Sky Masterton made an announcement that, "you all paid for a ticket to see the show this afternoon, thinking, the Salvos won't catch me at home - well you are wrong, the Salvation Army are waiting outside for your donation as you leave the theatre". I think they would have collected several thousands of dollars as most patrons were pulling out $10 or $20 notes.
He and the leading lady are also in a TV show called Sea Patrol. He also made a plug for the TV show, saying "if you want to catch Lisa and me again, watch Sea patrol, Monday nights on channel 9".

For those who like Kath and Kim, Magda Subanzski who plays Sharon in the series was also in Guys and Dolls. She did a bit of cross dressing and played Big Jule, male gangster.

Edited by MargiABC - 23 May 2009 at 14:00
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 14:38
Sounds great, Sharon's brilliant...

I went to see "Can Any Mother Help Me?" this week at Warwick Arts Centre.

It's based on a book about the Cooperative Correspondence Club, started in the 30s. A woman wrote to a mother&baby mag complaining of loneliness. This led to a group of women across the country circulating a collection of letters on a regular basis - sharing their lives, secrets, pleasures and troubles.

It was an interesting - pretty physical - production, with live music as part of the play. It's very emotionally charged but with some lighter funny moments.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 09:09
I saw Hairspray 2 weekends ago, bloody amazing. Badly wanted to see it whilst Michael Ball was still in the show an it was very worth it
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 15:09
I just came home from an Andre Rieu concert. What a showman. He didn't have his castle backdrop that he brought to Australia last year, but it didn't matter to me. The actual program didn't look very long with the first half finishing after 1 hour. The second part was jam packed as he puts in additional pieces of music such as pieces that relates to the country he is visiting. His orchestra and the singers - he has 3 tenors and 3 sopranos who do operatic as well as modern pieces were fantastic. They did the theme from Neighbours, Waltzing Matilda and what a way to get a standing ovation - he played our national athem as the second last piece - Advance Australia Fair. He acted like the show was over and did several encores, then he brought out the most famous Australian 'woman' as a surprise guest for the last segment...................................

(Spoiler in case any Aussie are reading this and are going to his concert)

Dame Edna who sang "I Still Call Australia Home" and did her own little act - it was like seeing 2 shows in one.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 15:21
goig to see John Barrownman in La Cage in a few weeks. 
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 14:19
I have tickets to see the stage production of Mama Mia in 3 weeks and Wicked before Christmas. Looking forward to them both.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 09:18
I saw Mama Mia today. Fantastic. I liked it better than the movie - it wasn't so drawn out. People in the audience got up and danced at the end. It was so much fun.
Force Ten View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Force Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 11:15
Originally posted by Jonnyboy

goig to see John Barrownman in La Cage in a few weeks. 
So am I - on November 17th.  Can't wait!nod
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 07:24
I finally got to see Wicked today. A great show. Love the green complexion.
PintOfPartridge View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote PintOfPartridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 12:42
I go to the theatre a lot so I've saw quite a few recently. Wicked & The Lion King in the West End were amazing! Equally, I saw Hot Flush recently with Sam Kane & it was the funniest performance I've ever watched. Unfortunately, Sam isn't in it anymore; his character is replaced by an actor called Matt Slack, but I'm sure he brilliant as well. I saw West Side Story for the first time, and also classical performances such as Measure for Measure by Shakespeare. Technically though, the last performance I watched was one I was in myself LOL
I'm amazed to have the opportunity to perform in the West End in August too. Only for one night but still, it will be a fantastic experience.
Love the JP!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 12:45
Originally posted by PintOfPartridge

I'm amazed to have the opportunity to perform in the West End in August too. Only for one night but still, it will be a fantastic experience.

Oooer! Tell us more!

I need to say hello and welcome to The Blue Room. Wave

I saw your earlier post re EEnders but I haven't a clue about the programme, storyline sounds interesting though!
PintOfPartridge View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote PintOfPartridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 17:31
Well, I've been auditioning a lot lately and I auditioned for the lead in the West End revival of The Wizard Of Oz. I was unfortunate in that attempt but got told about a company that helps performers get to the west end and perform for one night only. Casting agents/directors will be in the audience so it's aimed to try and kick-start people's career. 
Love the JP!
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 18:03
went to see Blood Brothers last week, getting a bit tired now, and Mel C wasnt all that. Going to see Wicked as well soon. 
Fairy_Tale_Rocker View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Fairy_Tale_Rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 19:26
I went to see We Will Rock You last month for the second time with my family. Loved it! I think we also found at least one musical my brother liked.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 12:46
Got tix for Dirty Dancing
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 13:40
Being taken to see Wicked by the Fox Glee crew ace times!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>