I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What have you seen lately at the theatre?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 16:42
Can't believe I'm typing this but most.inappropriate.birthday.present.(for me) ever

Kenwood (very nice, been loads of times)

picnic (again, I've had them before from carrluccios and there is loads of food to pick at)

to see...

oh I can barely type this

Liza Minnelli Cry OH THE SHAME!

I DO want to see War Horse though

Actually, I realise now that i only go to the theatre when someone else is paying Whistle

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 02:38
I hope Ghost will come to Australia. I will be looking forward to seeing it when it does.

I saw Andre Rieu and his orchestra last night. I did see him 18 months ago and his special guest then was Dame Edna.

This time his special guests were the original Seekers. They had not played together for over 7 years, but they reunited to tour with Andre. They must all be in their seventies now or close to it. They sang The Carnival is Over, Georgie Girl, I am Australian and their voices, particularly Judith Durham still sounded the same.

Andre and his orchestra were fantastic too.

Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:41
Margi it was done as a musical, it was amazing the special effects the songs and the acting.  I loved it.  Shame there weren't a CD as I would of bought it although they are making a CD when they go to London.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 15:57
Catwoman, is Ghost done as a drama as in the movie or musical?
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 13:26
I am off to see Ghost tonight I am so excited and I have good seats as well woop woop
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 03:09
Casting agents/directors will be in the audience so it's aimed to try and kick-start people's career.   Angel 
SkatingSam22 View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote SkatingSam22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 18:12
Mamma Mia is amazing .. I've seen it twice now; once in London and once in Manchester .. blew me away!
Twitter: Misdiagnosed
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 09:17
I am going to be seeing Ghost and Mamma Mia in May. 
Joseph in August and I am seeing Dirty Dancing in December so excited Bounce
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 11:17
I went to a Chinese acrobatic show today based on the story of Mulan. The strength and agility of the acrobats was incredible. I took my niece and she was like "whoa" and "ooh" as each feat seemed more difficult than the previous one.
SkatingSam22 View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote SkatingSam22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 21:07
Phantom of the Opera -- I adore it, and I have the film .. a very good night, fantastic acting and loved being able to join in with all the singing!! :)
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 21:30
Hairspray was very good, Mickey Dolenz, and Michael Starke (heard he was from Brookside- don't watch Soaps, so no idea) both very good
Had a 'corpsing' moment, where neither could stop laughing in a tight clinch, on their loved up number, very funny.
Black singers, and dancers were the best imo.
The lady who played Pearl (i think was her name ) the 'mother type ' characters of the black dancers, - Great voice.
Tracy Turnblad's freind who falls for Seaweed good too.

Very enjoyable night, and not bad for £40.00 each per ticket (took our teenage daughter too)- didn't take my 10 year old son, as he wasn't interested when i booked, more a teens, or chick play i think.

The nasty white mother and daughter characters very well played, perfect castings.

aLL IN All, great night, glad it came up here from London.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 20:48
Yep Mickey Dolenz 'Monkey's
forgot i posted this!!

Think he lived in England for about 10 years at some point after the Monkey's.
Infact could still be here.

Going next week.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 05:32
Mickey Dolenz as in the 'The Monkees' Deborah?
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 20:02
Originally posted by Catwoman

HAIRSPRAY!!!! Last week it was amazing Michael Ball was hilarious.
OH , i'm going to see Hairspray, and i hope he's not in it!!!
I'm not homophobic in any way (doesn't bother me what he is) but i just can't stand the man!!
just far to lovey dovey for me.
|Was hoping it would be the other man' Brian Conley , actor from london.
Really like him,
as for the rest of the cast, don't mind who's in it, last i heard Mickey Dolenz was in it too??

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 00:22
I saw Jersey Boys yesterday. Wow was it fantastic.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 00:40
Went to see 'Lennon' at Liverpool ROyal Court a few weeks ago. Saw it twice when it was first staged during the 80's. Once with Paul Schofield then again with MArk McGann. Schofield was performing in the lead role this time but he was ill the night we went, so the writer, Bob Eaton, stood in. 
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>