I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick Veggie Lasagne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick Veggie Lasagne
    Posted: 11 May 2009 at 10:42
Increasingly these days I don't eat much meat and made this quick Lasagne receipe up over the weekend

Creamy courgette lasagne

Ingredients

• 9 lasagne sheets
  • 1 tbsp sunflower oil
  • 1 onion finely chopped
  • 700g (about 6) courgettes, coarsely grated
  • 2 garlic cloves crushed
  • 250g tub of ricotta
  • 50g of Cheddar
  • 350g jar Tomato Sauce for Pasta

1. Heat oven to  200C/gas 7. Put a pan of water on to boil, then cook the lasagne sheets for about 5 mins until softened, but not cooked through. Rinse in cold water, then drizzle with a little oil to stop them sticking together.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion. After 3 mins, add the courgettes and garlic and continue to fry until the courgette has softened and turned bright green. Stir in 2/3 of both the ricotta and the cheddar, then season to taste. Heat the tomato sauce in the microwave for 2 mins on High until hot.
  3. In a large baking dish, layer up the lasagne, starting with half the courgette mix, then pasta, then tomato sauce. Repeat, top with blobs of the remaining ricotta, then scatter with the rest of the cheddar. Bake on the top shelf for about 10 mins until the pasta is tender and the cheese is golden.
Nice and quick and tastes great!!!
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 16:48
You think it'd be ok to substitute the courgette for tomatoes? Not keen on courgettes but I love cheese, tomato and onion lasagne.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 17:00
I do a mean veggie lasagna, but I'm afraid that it is no where near that quick.... think roasting the veg prior for 45 mins before you even start assembling
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 17:04
I've never made lasagne but it can't be that hard. I'll have a go at this while I'm off work this week (with tomatoes)
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 18:54
yep any veg will subsitute Darth, know what you mean Jon I do a good roasted veg arabiata but again have to roast veg first

If you want a quick meal and like courgettes can recommend this and it is really quick
 Post Reply Post Reply