I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Something to make you smile 'Stand By Me'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something to make you smile 'Stand By Me'
    Posted: 05 May 2009 at 13:22
This is going around the net but it's well worth reposting here:

Stand By Me - A very special production

Sometimes, something just lifts your heart and makes you happy. This is the background to the track.

This cover of Stand By Me was recorded by completely unknown artists in a street virtual studio all around the world. It all started with a base track—vocals and guitar—recorded on the streets of Santa Monica, California, by a street musician called Roger Ridley. The base track was then taken to New Orleans, Louisiana, where Grandpa Elliott—a blind singer from the French Quarter—added vocals and harmonica while listening to Ridley's base track on headphones. In the same city, Washboard Chaz's added some metal percussion to it.

And from there, it just gets rock 'n' rolling bananas: The producers took the resulting mix all through Europe, Africa, and South America, adding new tracks with multiple instruments and vocals that were assembled in the final version you are seeing in this video. All done with a simple laptop and some microphones.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 13:30
LALALA BEAT YOU

http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5177&PN=683
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 13:58
Oh fiddle dee dee

*quietly deletes when no one's looking*

A part of me can't help thinking that after his singing, 'Grandpa Elliot' got up, took the milky coloured contacts lenses out, tore at his clothes to reveal a Louis Vuitton trackie and said How was that luvvies, did you get it all? Was it OK darlings, I didn't look fat did I?
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 14:07
I thought the man with the guitar who started it off was better than Grandpa Elliot to be honest.

If he knew his stuff he'd have a Juicy Coutoure trackie on. Velour, obviously.
 Post Reply Post Reply