I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Episode 6 April 29 looks like a goodun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 13:27
To be fair, we'd all pick the weakest one to come back with into the Boardroom regardless of whether they'd done well in the task or not, Noorul (how the HELL did he get through the selection process? Dare we say he's another Rachel Rice and gives 'good interview' but can't deliver their promises? Oh hello Josh from one of the BB's, talking about you as well)

I think that why Ben first turned to James, he was thinking Yeah, he's a soft target.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 13:41
but the soft targets are going to go no matter what, if you look at it from a competition aspect you woudl take the potential rival to try and get them out first
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 18:47
if you look at it from a competition aspect you would take the potential rival to try and get them out first

But only if you were sure that you had put in a better performance (albeit marginally).

Then again, the aim of the game at the early stages is to ensure the team win and therefore wouldn't necessarily want to oust the stronger players, even if you considered them rivals and real contenders to the prize.

It's like the Weakest Link. Keep the strongest players in because they bump up your prize pot. Pick em off towards the end!

I've only watched half of this episode, must catch up later. Watching Noorul try to sell the skeleton to student for "£159.95 + VAT" has quite possibly been the funniest thing I've seen in ages!

Edited by Thess - 01 May 2009 at 18:49
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
crimpo View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote crimpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 21:52
That was really what was unfortunate about Noorul in this. his background meant that he was smack on the nose in how to price his objects. Unfortunately he then didn't have the instinct to realise that selling them for anything under the value would actually help them LOSE the task. To be fair - none of the 'sharop business brains' spotted that either. Had either team never left the penthouse and just returned the ten items they would have won!

This was a good episode because Surallan played upon the candidates' great weakness. They all have a fetish about selling. In business, selling is important - but only as a means to an end. In the cosmetics task a team sold all their stock and made a loss! In this task neither team priced what they were selling and so both made a loss. The concept of 'the bottom line' seems a bit foreign to them...
'If you're old enough you're good enough' - Mike Bassett
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123