I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Apprentice Episode 5 22nd April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 00:05
Oh I enjoyed this one tonight!

From the get go I thought the treasure flakes idea was a winner. Although I know the popularity of the kids books 'Captain Underpants' applying the idea to a cereal was always going to be a bad idea owing to the connotations with the word 'pants'.

The winning team's idea actually came from the product itself rather than someone having an idea about a character and working backwards to the product.

With the three in the boardroom I knew it would be Kim for the chop. It's what she does for a living and so she should have been better.

TV Burp-style recap: I'm a rough tough creme puff ..... yer fired!
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 00:33
LOL  Thess.  Succinct and to the point.

Philip is such a tosser; can't wait to see him fall flat on his face.  He has done to the viewer (well, this one at least) pretty much every week, but SAMS just doesn't see it - or doesn't want to.  Or perhaps that's the producers' input - keep the bolshy ones as they make good telly.

Nooral and Mona were very lucky not to have been taken into the boardroom.  I think easily one of them would have gone if Kim had taken them in.

Can't make my mind up about Lorraine.  She was adamant from the start that the Pantsman idea was complete rubbish, but she should have shut up and got on with it once the PM made the decision.  Then again, I'm not entirely sure she didn't; she did what she was asked when Kim was making the commercial.  The only other time I recall her making a negative comment was when they first heard the jingle for the ad.  Ok, it was too late and the thing had already been recorded, but then she was entitled to express an opinion.  It was very funny when Jenny Eclair likened her to a Dementor from Harry Potter though.  LOL

Kate's team were great.  She managed them very well indeed, and I even appreciated Ben's input this week.  Shocked  James has grown on me a great deal since the first week.  He's bonkers, but so enthusiastic and sweet.

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 10:02
Lorraine was the wild card for me last night, yes she hated pantsman and made her feelings known, but she acted in an unprofessional manner in front of other people and was fixated on her own idea rather than idea generation.

The pantsman idea was terrible from the start how anyone could think different is beyond me. The other team had a nice idea and I was willing them on from the start.

The right person went in my opinion, her background should of shown her what sells and she didnt seem to have a clue.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 11:38
Enjoyed last nights show. 
The Pants team were that, pants. The box was a joke SA was right it would look better in the garden section. Mona's pitching was awful and herself and Nooral were lucky to escape but I think they both slipped under the radar in the board room and Lorraine started digging a hole. Right Candidate went in the end.

Kate's team did well from the start and you just knew by the way the other team were floundering they would win.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 14:59
A few things from last night that should have been swerved if the apprentices had actually watched previous series:

1. If you leave the product design in the hands of someone else without checking back, you WILL get roasted. Moreso if you then decide that crappy design cost you the task. Add in getting hung drawn and quartered if the designer is independant from your team. ALWAYS stay with the Mac man!

2. If you disagree with the concept say so very clearly. If you think it goes against the brief or will lose you the task, say so very clearly at the point where this becomes apparent. If the team go with the idea anyway, stop saying you disagree and get stuck into whatever task you have been allocated. Being professional is key. Remember the Gt Ormond St calendar? I rest my case!

3. If you say something is your forte then you had better deliver. With bells on. And pretty bows.

4. Do not shout down any other apprentice no matter how angry or frustrated you feel. Do you really want that red-faced tantrum laughed at repeatedly on You're Fired? No, didn't think so!

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 15:49
Erm ... anyone else spot the likeness of the guy in the middle ..... Nick!

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 15:50
HA!!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 10:59
I much preferred the aftershave launch & the tissue ads last year. Still enjoying the prog but there's no one to root for this year
rosied View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote rosied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 10:47
I quite like Philip! Ok he can have his tantrums but Lorraine's idea was crap (completely ignored the brief!) and noone else stepped up with any ideas.  That Nurul or whatever he's called is absolutely hopeless and Lorraine is horrendous too. Her Kim and Nurul on a team- no wonder Philip got so infuriated! I don't blame him!
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 13:01
Missed it this week (2nd i've missed now) and not overly bothered, Philip annoys with his constant negativity and most of the others so far have seemed to have little clue about tasks which are essentially the same as every other year! Do they not do any research on the series?? Clearly not... or very selectively.

Sales task should sort people like Noorul out, and I'm sure there are others ducking under the radar a bit too.

Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 16:02
There are times when I can understand Phillip's frustration, after all he wants to be on the winning team, but this doesn't excuse the fact that he is often disrespectful of other people's contributions. Yes, Lorraine's idea was awful but there were better ways that Phillip could have found to say why they would not work.

Phillip had already decided that the team should do something random in the hopes that the advertising company would think he was wonderful in tapping into the viral market. It didn't work out for him and he came across as petulant.   
Left Feet View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Left Feet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 22:58
Philip head is so wide I'm surprised he can got through the door. He's only been kept in because he's a "character". Most of the able people are in one team at the moment so I mix up may be needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123