I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fans Fury As Beeb Leaks Result Before Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fans Fury As Beeb Leaks Result Before Show
    Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 09:07

DOZY BBC internet geeks infuriated Apprentice fans by revealing that Majid Nagra was fired hours BEFORE the show was screened last night.

The normally top secret result was leaked on the show’s official website yesterday morning.

Visitors to the BBC’s Apprentice site were offered clips on the video section.

Sir%20Alan%20...%20jealous%20of%20beard

Sir Alan ... 'jealous of beard'

But along with the eviction interview of last week’s loser Rocky Andrews and a trailer for last night’s show was a link to a clip called “Majid, You’re Fired!”

The link on the site, which is housed by the BBC and run by show makers TalkbackThames, did not let users watch the clip but it spoilt the surprise.

Daniel Holland, 20, from London, said: “I couldn’t believe it. I went on to the site to see some clips, but they’d given the game away. I feel really cheated.

“I’m sure when Sir Alan Sugar finds out it won’t just be Majid who gets fired.”

A spokesman for the show apologised and said: “The link was removed as soon as the mistake was realised.

“New procedures have been put in place to ensure this doesn’t happen again.”

Meanwhile, Majid said last night Sir Alan fired him because he was jealous of his six-inch BEARD.

Majid said: “There’s no way I should have been fired — Sir Alan got it totally wrong.

“It’s pretty obvious that he just got rid of me because I’ve got a better beard.

“He’s jealous because his is so scruffy.”

He regretted not being more vocal in the boardroom, where Sir Alan blasted him for being too quiet.

Majid said: “I drifted off because I was convinced James was going to go. When he said I was off I was shocked.”

Majid also spoke out about the mini-race row on last night’s show after some of his rival team suggested a white contestant should advertise their fitness apparatus.

He said: “That was blown out of proportion. I think Noorul was more offended that they thought Philip was better-looking than him.”

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 11:39
I didn't know this!

I wasn't too keen on last night's prog and actually went out 5 mins before the end, was shocked when Majid went though. I remember quite a few of them in the last series, well definitely Alex (who was in the final) 'kept under the radar' for the first few episodes. I think Margaret even mentioned it. 

Can't help thinking that some obvious candidates to be booted out are kept in there purely for entertainment purposes. It's the reverse of Big Brother where a lot of the 'big' personalities are voted out first. Wonder if Sir Alan's decison is his alone...

Edited by Alex - 09 Apr 2009 at 12:13
crimpo View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote crimpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 12:42
Alex - Sir Allan is a canny fellow. He likes contestants that remind him of him - and he's no shrinking violet. He suspects the quiet ones have nothing to them. He takes a while to decide whether the blowhards have anything behind all the bluster.

Alex survived so long because he had a cheerleader - Nick was VERY pro-Alex though Alex was a complete waste of space.

I agree, though, that when Sir Allan has a choice between two he wants to fire he does consider the TV potential of the two. The more 'interesting' contestant is often preserved - but only temporarily.
'If you're old enough you're good enough' - Mike Bassett
 Post Reply Post Reply