I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Apprentice Episode 2 1st April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 22:34
yep fear they will be some right ones amongst the girls that need to go!!!
crimpo View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote crimpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 22:44
To be frank its pretty hard to pick a winner this year. No-one has really done well so far. The combination of ignorance and over-confidence is pretty obvious among a lot of them. But it was ever thus on the Apprentice.

'If you're old enough you're good enough' - Mike Bassett
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 23:02
neither one of the teams secured their futures with any future employer based on tonight's performances.  Prettty dire all round in my opinion.  Could have gone either way.  Sheer luck rather than design that there was a winning team.

Having said that, the series is hotting up now, and should become more interesting as the weeks go on.  I work with one of the candidates so I have even more of an interest in this year's show.
crimpo View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote crimpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 23:07
Oh you tease BCFan.

OK. This person - and you need not identify them - would you describe them as a) competant, or, b) likeable.
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 23:43
LOL     a = yes     b = most of the time.

......... but who knows how we would react to certain scenarios under the glare of cameras and Nick and MargaretLOL let alone Sir Alan.Big%20smile

Edited by BCfan - 01 Apr 2009 at 23:45
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 03:37
Tonights show was great. In my opinion there were errors on both sides.

Ignite:
I want to know what restaurant their PM owns, because I really don't want to eat there: passing off Asda Smartprice comestibles as top end canapes makes me wonder what goes on in their eaterie ...

The wraps were dreadful. I understand the concept of portion control and ultimately the ladies made a profit, but I wouldn't pay £4 for one of those measly filled (and in at least one case, chickenless) offerings. however I did think that their PM this week did a reasonalbe job when it came to allocating roles in the task.

Empire:
Well, it should have been Rocky's finest hours shouldn't it? It's his line of business, but his biggest problem was that he had had no experience of having anyone challenge his thinking. He should have stuck to his guns and rejected the Olympic theme which was really stupid and cost them quite a bit.

I think that the wrong guy was sent home this week.   

Interesting to read that in Rocky's own view, it was the North South divide that cost him - he believes that sending a Geordie in to pitch for business with a Londoner was a hiding to nothing. I'm more inclined to think that it was Philips lack of negotiation skills that put paid to their chances of securing that contract for a good price than the place of his birth. In fact, Nick's comment on those negotiations covered the fact that having settles on a price, Philip stated that for that price the client could have what was included in the quote at the higher price. Unbelievable. It may have been a different story if he had chosen Philip to come into the boardroom with him.

Bren - I agree with you that given the boardroom choices this week, James was going to be safe. Great that James was going to be safe this week, as he is better telly (I can taste success in my spit ... )

Nick and Margaret both wonderful in this episode - succinct, dry, cutting and I've got to say, that Nick's 'lemon-sucking' face is great!

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 03:52
Link to Yasmina's restaurant:

http://www.myalacarte.co.uk/html/menus.html

The menu sounds fine, but knowing that her ethic is 'buy cheap' worries me ...
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 11:52
Amazing that each team had someone in the catering industry and they both failed so miserably!

Really I could of done better without a problem, no imaginations in either team. The Mediterranean approach could of been good if they had just thought about it a bit and the Olympic approach was woeful. If they wanted to make a profit they should of just thought what is popular at the moment, they all come from the world they were trying to infiltrate and not one of them thought, what would I want?

That blond bint, cricky! She pretty much decimated her team in her habndling of the pitch, I would of sent them away with nothing after her "sales pitch". Not only was she completely unenthusiasctic but youcould see the disdain for her pitch dripping from her mouth.

The young kid that got the boot was a shame (though makeup really should of sorted out the zit before he went in) he really did take one person in who shoudlnt have been there and that was his downfall.

I really can't stomach that geordie guy either, talk about the prophet of doom! If he spent as much time putting ideas forward as he did bitching about how bad everything is they might get somewhere.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 12:34
Just watched it on Sky Plus, gutted Rocky has gone
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 16:03
Johnny ... that zit had disappeared by the time he got into the taxi. Perhaps they should market spot cream instead!!
crimpo View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote crimpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 18:25
Hey you're all ignoring the big news! BCfan has exclusively revealed that one of this year's competitors is competant! Now all we've got to do is spot him or her. To date, I'm none the wiser...

Be straight with Yasmina. The end result wasn't repeat traffic it was bottom line in 24 hours and she played to those rules. As for Rocky - he did get done by his woeful team-mates but very few Project Managers survive a task where they actually manage to make a loss.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12