I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Love Never Dies (Phantom 2)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Love Never Dies (Phantom 2)
    Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 10:28
OK guys, I know we have a few theatre and musical fans in the house so I've set up this forum for us.

More so because I am officially going to be working on the release of Love Never Dies (the sequel to Phantom) for a few weeks. I will be getting all the latest information on the show and the release as it becomes available and putting it out there and gauging reactions from fans... so please keep your eyes in here if you want to know the latest.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:25
That sounds exciting. It will probably take a while (at least a couple of years after its produced in he UK) before it is produced in Australia. It will be something new to look forward to in musical theatre. We are getting a lot of revivals of shows here at the moment such as Guys and Dolls, My Fair Lady and Phantom which I saw again last year.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:38
Its opening globally on the same day, not sure if Oz is included but I will find out soon enough
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 22:19
Sounds interesting Jon, good luck with it. I saw the original Phantom many years ago, I took my mum to see it. We are both bawling our eyes out at the end and were slightly embarrassed until we noticed everyone else was doing the same.
Brilliant show.
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 22:53
Sounds like a very exciting project to be working on!
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 02:09
I love Musicals Thumbs%20Up

I am not going to complain much, but why has Lloyd Webber decided to create a sequal to the Phantom of the Opera, I mean I love Phantom and would love to see it sometime on stage, but at the end of the film, the Phantom disappeared. Why wait so long for a sequel?
I heard rumours that Gerard Butler has been asked to reprise his role as the Phantom on stage and Hugh Jackman has been asked to play Raul.

I hope the work goes well Jon.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 12:11
there are loads of rumors about it, Im still waiting for a full plot outline!

There was a book written as a sequel to the original story so many people believe it will follow that plot. As for the timings, I guess it's because Phantom has had such a huge revival since the film that the timing is right now there is such a new and diverse fanbase for the show.
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 15:56
There were also rumours that the Phantom and Raul end up in New York City.

Is Andrew Lloyd Webber writing the music?  and Ben Elton writing the play for the stage?  That is what I read somewhere
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 16:36
AWL is doing the music, havent heard about Elton mind. Current speculation is that it will center around Coney Island and an Opera House owned by the Phantom, where he manages to get (the now world famous) Christine to come and headline. 
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 16:41
That sounds exciting, and then history may repeat itself. 
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 14:52
official site now up!

http://www.loveneverdies.com
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 16:07
Are they getting rid of Phantom from the West End Unhappy I wanted to go and see it.

Looks good the site.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 17:06
nah, its enjoying a revival at the minute thanks to the film. 
Carol07 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote Carol07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 13:20
I love musicals but have to admit that I haven't seen Phantom yet.
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 15:14
This was on the ITV news today I don't get it is the Phantom not disfogured anymore or something?? As they had a guy singing and he weren't disfigured.  I know they are in New York now as that is where the play is going to be set.
im_liz View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote im_liz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 19:45
the best thing ive seen at the theatre was the 'blue man group' was bloody brilliant! any of u seen it?
im_liz letchworths best hairdresser, follow me on Twitter im_liz *\o/*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>