I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What have you eaten today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 11:06
Originally posted by Darth Disco

Have never knowingly eaten an edamame bean in my life. What do they taste like Jon?

umm, kind of pea'ish - bit like soya beans, just kinda green... haha
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 12:19
Oh I don't know about that. Do you eat them raw? If I see them in M&S I might give them a go. They'll need to be something to divert my attention from pine nuts, I love them.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 12:38
M&S do a edamame and soy bean salad with a nice Thai dressing, give that a go. (one of those little pots so only a couple of quid, not £9 like in the link) Link

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 12:41
very overpriced have made an effort this year to try and not shop in supermarkets and go to greengrocers and butchers etc - much better quality of food and price !

Birdseye do those beans which I love and not a fraction of the price!!!!

Edited by Bren - 09 Apr 2009 at 12:42
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 12:50
Right. I'm going to M&S today but it's the smaller Glasgow one. Here's hoping they have that salad in. It can be my excuse to buy another tub of mango and coconut ice cream.
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 13:40
I had a lovely chinese last night but I weren't allowed to have Noodles as I gave it up for lent. 

I had a egg sandwich for breakfast and I am going to have a fish finger butty for lunch.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 15:35
I have the same breakfast almost everyday - Sultana bran with high calcium skim milk and raisin toast.

I had pizza last night - it was OK.

Tonight I'm cooking home made tempura fish using a batter made with gluten free SR flour so my sister can eat it. Also cooking salt and pepper calamari and prawns using tapicoca flour and sezchan pepper.

Edited by MargiABC - 09 Apr 2009 at 15:36
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 14:26
I joined my sister's in-laws for a great BBQ - chicken kebabs and sausages (gluten free) and salads for lunch today for Mother's Day. My god daughter gave me a digital key ring photo frame for Mother's Day.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 15:27
Today so far - Thai chicken noodle soup with a garlic chicken sandwich, and a blueberry yoghurt. Oh and coffee, I'm about to go make more.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2009 at 17:00
I cooked this beaut crab dish last night. I used green blue crabs (because they are ready to cook) as opposed to mud crabs (they're bought alive and kicking - I can't handle that). Cooked it in ginger, garlic, shallots and stock. Served with noodles cooked in the reserved sauce. Finger licking good and messy too.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2009 at 23:26
Oh Margi that sounds amazing. I've never had crab but am dying to try it and everything you used is right up my street.

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:53
The inagaural series of the Australian version of Masterchef finished last week. The 2 finalists had to make this chocolate dessert that had so many components to it as one of the 3 challenges. They printed the recipe in the paper on Wednesday, so I decided to give it a go. Apparently to order this in the restaurant it originated from (Aria), it costs $24.00 per serve. I've made all the components except the chocolate half pipe (I don't have a sweets thermometer). The dessert consists of a chocolate tart with chocolate pastry and filling, a topping like a ganache, chocolate macaroons and chocolate sorbet. I do have an icecream maker, so I've just finished making that. It taste fantastic.

Well its a chocoholics delight!!. Having said that, I don't know if I would try making it again - so much work, and the quantities make a lot more than needed. If I went to Aria, $24.00 is worth the amount of work that goes into it.

Aria Chocolate dessert

The amount of washing up I generated for the dessert was horrendous.

Edited by MargiABC - 26 July 2009 at 15:24
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 13:43
I finally plated the dessert as per picture in the link, except I cheated and used a tubular chocolate filled wafer biscuit instead of the choclate pipe. I couldn't eat it all - it was so rich.
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 14:03
Margi that looks amazing *drool*

Am on very strict diet at the mo but i would love to try making that when i'm back to eating 'normal' food again.

Love baking and cooking, but it is SO annoying when you create loads of washing up
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 14:29
I haven't cooked anything properly in ages. All I've had today is half an Onken biopot yoghurt (the large one - strawberry flavour) and a cup of coffee. *dies*
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 14:08
I've just had BBQ beef Super Noodles for the first time in about a year. Amazing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>