I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What have you eaten today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 23:57
Miss Wrangler, you'll be wasting away!

Here's what I've had today:

No breakfast. Lunch was a double strength coffee and a chicken and pesto sandwich, packet of Revels. Dinner was Sag Aloo with rice (and no, it wasn't a take-away!)

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 16:14
I went to a conference after work on Friday and finished after lunch Saturday. The food was sensational. Sesfood buffet for dinner with lots of oysters, prawns, crabs and Balmain bugs. Full hot buffet breakfast and a great lunch too.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 07:20
what on earth are balmain bugs?  Sounds terrifying!!!
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 15:10
I was thinking that too!

I've only had two coffees today so far.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 16:32
Balmain bugs are members of the lobster family, often called a slipper lobster. If you've ever seen microspopic pictures of some bugs, they kind of look like that, except they are about 15 cm long.

Here's a link with piccies.

Balmain bugs
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 18:27
Well thank heavens for that!  I was thinking that you must have been in some sort of "I'm a Company Employee Get Me Out Of Here" type eating task!

You do know that the pic you linked to does the little blighter no favours?! LOL
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 20:48
It does look a bit like an enlargement of the mites that live in beds :boohoo:
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 11:14
They do don't they. That link probably didn't have the best picture. When the Balmain bugs are cooked they go an orange colour like other lobsters.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 11:23
I accompanied my sister to a gluten free expo today held by the Australian Coeliac Society(she is gluten intolerant). It was a good day. They had quite a few exhibitors with a wide range of gluten free foods to sample and sell. I must say I ate so many samples I didn't need lunch. The foods I saw and tasted today were so good compared to what was available when my sister was first diagnosed 9 years ago.
I ate lots of chocolate biscuits, crackers which almost tasted like regular crackers (my sister is sick of eating rice crackers and these were great), beef pie, sausage rolls (I went for 2 samples of these), muffins, cakes, marshmallows, banana bread, pizza bases.
My sister went prepared with her own shopping cart and a few spare shopping bags, for all the items she bought.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456