I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OSCAR Round up - on video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OSCAR Round up - on video
    Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 11:11

This is a grear report , no silly fluffiness just the important bits
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 12:27
Thanks for this Alex. Great night for British film industry then!

I'm still yet to see Slumdog, but can't wait.
So happy that Kate Winslet won, but i've not actually seen The Reader so can't comment on it! I know there's been a lot of controversy about the film, and the concern about having sympathy with a war criminal... which makes me want ti see it even more i have to say.

Reports of Penelope Cruz make me actually want to watch VCB, Woody Allen does write some excellent parts for women...

Loving the tigger jump from Danny Boyle
Laura View Drop Down
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 12:27
Oh and here's a link to the even more important stuff..

the dresses!

Fashion round up from Marie Claire
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 13:21
Originally posted by Laura

Reports of Penelope Cruz make me actually want to watch VCB, Woody Allen does write some excellent parts for women...

I enjoyed VCB very much, but it's quite "light" for Allen. Good performances by the four main characters though and especially By Bardem and Cruz. As fas as I know, quite a few of their scenes are just improvised as Allen doesn't speak Spanish and was quite happy to just let them explode at each other.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 13:33
Dresses, grrrr! Though I did see a report that the two corpses, Jordan and Posh Spice turned up at the same party, both looking complete states

Originally posted by Laura

I'm still yet to see Slumdog, but can't wait.

So happy that Kate Winslet won, but i've not actually seen The Reader so can't comment on it! I know there's been a lot of controversy about the film, and the concern about having sympathy with a war criminal...

Reports of Penelope Cruz make me actually want to watch VCB

Make the effort to see Slumdog, def worth it. for once a film that more than lives up to it's hype.

I've seen The Reader and she deserves that Oscar. I didn't view it as being sympathetic towards war criminals at all. I can't give the plot away but make it one to see.

Hmm..That Vicki Barclelona nonsense I'm going to pass on, seen the clips and so not my thing, plus the male lead looks like a downmarket crossbreed of Robert Downey Junior and that guy with the dicky heart who died in Grey's Anatomy  

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 14:08
I thought Bardem was brilliant in "No Country for Old Men", a worthy Oscar winner.

I think he is actually Penelope Cruz's significant other, isn't he?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 14:41
Originally posted by parissing2fish

I thought Bardem was brilliant in "No Country for Old Men", a worthy Oscar winner.

Dunno, didn't see it

I think he is actually Penelope Cruz's significant other, isn't he?

Hardly, she (allegedly) bats for the other side *taps nose*
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 14:50

She looks absolutely ridiculous! Smile you miserable witch!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 15:09
I'm sure I recall Cruz claiming a fling with a friend but wasn't that some publicicty stunt for her brother or something, but she was definitely dating Bardem for quite some time although they might have split up now. Matthew McConaughey and Cruise before that of course.
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 15:10
when is the whole event shown does anyone know?

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 15:10
And Orlando Bloom Roll%20Eyes
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 15:36
Originally posted by ajkb7926

The highlights are on Sky one tonight at 10.
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 15:43

Originally posted by ajkb7926

The highlights are on Sky one tonight at 10.

ok thanks. did they ever show the whole event because it wasnt on last night. they only had the red carpet.....

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 15:58
Not sure..but i think not.

There are lots of pics from it on Sky.com and I've seen the odd clip of Hugh Jackman singing a bit...very impressive. They say he was a very good host and that the show was better than usual.
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 15:59
i am hoping to see the bit with the song from mamma mia and to see rob patt.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 16:08
well, if you can't wait , you could always have a look here

here

Edited by parissing2fish - 23 Feb 2009 at 16:09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>