I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Ideas?
    Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 12:57
I've got some 35mm slides that I want to get 'converted' into ordinary photos.

Anyone got any bright ideas of how to do this?

Thanks
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 12:58
Nope, sorry
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 13:35
I read somewhere that you can buy a special scanner or scanner attachment that can scan the slides and you can save them as jpegs. My Dad used to take slides of us when we were young rather than ordinary photos, so we have got a few at home that we want to do something with.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 13:37
Thanks for that Margi

That sounds like - expensive!! Unhappy Not sure it's worth it
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 13:41
some shops do it.

ask around like comet pc world - places like that.

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 13:44
It would only be worth buying that kind of scanner if you had 100s of slides to convert and the time to do it.

Edited by MargiABC - 17 Feb 2009 at 13:45
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 14:08
Thanks AJ, I'll ask next time I'm in town (well, er Newport!)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 17:12
Ask somewhere like Boots or Jessops. They should be able to help.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 17:14
Thanks Butterfly - sounds like a mainland job then.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 17:28
Have you got a camera shop on the island? They should be able to help you - also sometimes you see ads in the local papers. You could also try a local photographic club .... some of the old boys who go to that might need something to keep them occupied!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 17:34
There's a few small camera shops - we certainly don't have a Jessops. There's quite a few photographic clubs as well so I could look them up.
Thanks for that
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 18:52
Here is one way using an ordinary scanner and photo editing softeware, which is probably already on your computer:)

If you type the question into a search engine, quite a few options come up, with varying prices attached.  Some refer to software, others refer to shops that do it etc.  Depends what you want to pay.  Worth taking a look at somewhere like Google, and see what comes up, though if you already have a scanner, maybe worth trying the process referred to in the above link, and see what happens.

Good Luck!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 19:06
Thanks for that. I've had a look at google but I'm a bit wary about sending the slides away in case they get lost then I'm really stuffed. The link that you gave says you have to have an attachment for the scanner so I think I'll try the local clubs.
I'll let you know how I get on!!
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 20:40
I think that slide attachment they refer to only looks like the 'guide sheets' you get with laminator.  i.e, something in which to put the slides, and which blocks out the space around it, so it only scans the slides and does not the area around it.  I would imagine that it costs very little.  will have a look for you.
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 20:48
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 08:07
Oh BC - you're a star. Thanks so much! I'll have a go at that this weekend. I always did like origami!!!!

I did ring a couple of the photographic clubs and all they could suggest was to use Google, so it's obviously not a very common thing to do. I have also emailed the Photography teacher at my daughter's school - he may have the scanner attachment.

I'll let you know how I get on, but thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>