I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing - past
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD Tour 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
skating Queen View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Grown Woman Who Should Know Better

Online Status: Offline
  Quote skating Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCD Tour 2009
    Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 10:02
Went to the first show of the tour last night and it was fantastic - Julian is a hootLOL
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 13:29
Who is Kristina dancing with?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 13:50
According to the website, neither Matthew Cutler or Kristina have partners.
*Lisa* View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
twat

Quote *Lisa* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 19:00
i'm going on the 24th Jan to Manchester, have 2nd row on the floor DanceI can't wait to see Jill Halfpenny dance, i've only ever seen and met her in panto or from when she was in Chicago.  Really looking forward to it. Shame we won't see much of Matt Cutler or Kristina. It'll also be sad because its the last time we'll see Camilla dancing Unhappy
Enticer
Enticer

Quote skating Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2009 at 08:48
Matt and Kristina do a show dance together plus the pro routine, Julian dances with Lilia and Gethin with Flavia.  For the first show the standard of dancing was excellant apart from Kenny who continues to stomp around and Julian but he his great entertainment.  Wasn't keen on the group number not as good as last years dirty dancing . I was surprised Jill and Darren didn't win - Jill being on her home ground but they came a very close second to Rachel and Vincent who I have to admitt were very good.  Hope everyone else going to the tour enjoysBig%20smile
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 12:51
which dances did they do?

prettypinksparkles View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote prettypinksparkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 15:03
I was at the matinee at the MEN yesterday. Jodie and Cherie were poorly with a stomach bug. I was gutted that Jodie wasn't there, I loved her and Ian.
OK here's what everyone danced and what I thought of them;

Tom  and Camilla; quickstep and samba (or salsa I get confused). Both dances were good,
                              some mistakes but not bad.
Kenny and Ola; viennese waltz and paso. An improvement on when he was in strictly and
                          entertaining but still not good.
Rachel and Vincent; tango and rhumba. I can appreciate that they are good but they
                                bore me.
Gehtin and Flavia; waltz and samba (or salsa again Confused). Amazing, great partnership and
                              brilliant dancers. My winners!
Julian and Lilia; quickstep and samba/salsa (i need to pay more attention). Hugely 
                         entertaining, I laughed so much my face hurt. Brilliant.
Jill and Darren; foxtrot and jive. Brilliant.

Matt and Kristina; I love this new partnership. They look amazing together, she is almost on a par with Nicole. Matt looked much happier than he did with Karen.

The group dance was ok but not great. The pro dance was amazing.; tango, paso and jive.
I have now seen my lovely Matt do the cape thing live, I can die a happy woman.

Jill and Darren won, with Julian and Llia second.
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 15:08
oh i loved rachels tango. i can see why she chose them. gethin and tom probably salsa as that was one of their best latins.

love jills jive.

Tea_&_Toast View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tea_&_Toast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 11:36
I went to the evening show in Manchester last night - thought it might be a let down after last years show, which I loved, but it was fab.

Tom and Camilla danced first and the idiot judges scored them 39's (I think) for both ballroom and latin which was daft - Len later said that one of Gethin's dances was the best of the evening, but funnily enough he couldn't give them a higher score than he gave Tom Roll%20Eyes as he'd left himself nowhere to go.

Rachel was competant and unexicting, although the Tango was good - it's probably my fave dance of hers. She got 40 for that, and 39 for her rumba (I think), which Len said he didn't like as much as Cherie's, stylistically.

Cherie's rumba was really good live, and it was nice to be able to compare it with Rachel's. Her ballroom (Smooth, I think) looked a little laboured coming straight after Tom's light and bouncy two-tone-shoes quickstep.

Jodie and Ian were my favourites this last series, so it was lovely to see them live. But it did make it clear that she isn't as good as the others - a shame, but true. They danced an American Smooth which was great but the latin was a jive, and it was a little leaden especially when compared to the Halfpenny and her Wonder Jive.

Kenny was Kenny.

Julian was hilarious with diamante maracas (sp?) and a fab yellow top with the frilly arms. He looked a little rotund, bless him, and struggled to keep up in the group dances.

Gethin was reliable and excellent in the ballroom and slightly not my cuppa in the latin, though the shimmies were good. He and Flavia looked slightly uncomfortable dancing together - the height difference is quite marked.

Jill and Darren were excellent, though I was disappointed they didn't do the Smooth that won them the recent Christmas show. Their foxtrot was great, though, and so was the jive.

Best couple on the night? Jill and Darren for me.

Winners with the audience? Rachel and Vincent, with Julian and Lillia coming a hilarious second.

I think Rachel won the judges vote, too, although there were so many 10s dished out for everyone apart from Jodie, Kenny and Julian, I kind of lost the will to live.
*Lisa* View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
twat

Quote *Lisa* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 20:33

I saw the show on Saturday night and loved it. It was a shame Jodie didn't perform. Ian looked a bit miserable that he wasn't dancing lol. Jills jive is even more amazing live.

Dallas View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 14:11
I went to the tour last week, here are my views.
What I liked straight off was the camaraderie in the crowd. The couple who sat next to me started chatting to me right from the start.
It was the same warm up guy as last year who, I would have thought could have come up with some new material in a year!
I’ll start off by mentioning the dresses. They looked amazing even those I didn’t particulary like when they were on t.v.. (Camilla’s tangerine ballroom dress and Flavia’s white with big orchids on the bottom).
The strictly band and singers were also so much better than they sounded on T.V. with one song exception. ‘Paint it Black’.
Tom/Camilla. He really is such a nice guy. His dancing didn’t wow me though. He reminded me of Matt D.A. last year. No doubt they can dance but I just didn’t feel it.
Cheri/James. Stunning figure, she looked amazing in both dresses and their rumba was lovely.
Gethin/Flavia. I didn’t think there was any connection here, obviously they were new to each other but the dances were well executed even if it looked like they were just going through the motions. Perhaps when they’ve danced more on the tour they will look better together.
Jodie/Ian. Jodie was better than I thought she would be she is so thin! Her jive was enjoyable but she still struggles to keep up with Ian (which is no surprise).
Kenny/Ola. His ballroom was ok but his Paso was dreadful. Lots of stomping around, shades of JS!
Julian/Lilia. I don’t know or care how much of the repartee is scripted because it was hilarious. I haven’t laughed so much since Todd Carty skated on DOI last Sunday.
Well done to Lilia to for being the stooge.
Jill/Darren. Fantastic jive, the girl still has ‘got it’.
Rachel/Vincent. Having seen them live I’ve changed my opinion, they should’ve won the t.v. show. Rachel was so technically correct and well executed. The rumba was amazing. People around me were still saying she still lacked something though.
Kristina/Matthew. Show dance. Fabulous, amazing, lots of wriggling bum action. They came across as enjoying dancing together.
The group show dance and the Pro group show dance were ok but nowhere near as good as last year. The Pro paso was enjoyable except listening to the band singing it was painful.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 14:15
Glad you had a great time - if you are a friend of Kristina's over at Facebook have a look at her photos!
Dallas View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 15:12
I am so I will thanks
pinkie_princess View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote pinkie_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 00:37
went to the show tonight was AMAZING! Julian won with Rachel second, Julian cracks me up soooo much!!
pinkie_princess View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote pinkie_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 00:43
oh and the warm up guy said London was the biggest and best crowd yet and we were the only ones who could do the Mexican Wave properly!!!! LOL

Edited by pinkie_princess - 06 Feb 2009 at 00:45
Enticer
Enticer

Quote skating Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 18:52
Fraid he said that at Newcastle tooLOL .  Agree with you re Julian he is so funny.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>