I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fat Birds Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 11:37
The Wii is fun - bought one for the family for Christmas. I bought the tennis, golf and baseball bat accessories for Wii Sport to make it feel more authentic. Then I thought do I have enough room to swing the bat etc? Oh well, I haven't hit any furniture yet. I want to get the Wii Fit next, but the shop I went to was out of stock.

I'm trying to be healthier too - I want to drop the 2-3 kg of Christmas excess before I go back to work in a couple of weeks. I do need to lose more than this, but I figure I will aim for the pre-Christmas weight first.

When I go to the shopping mall I am tending not to buy anything fried for lunch anymore, buying sushi instead.

Edited by MargiABC - 11 Jan 2009 at 11:48
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 21:16
I've only smashed a lightbulb so far, Margi. I had to call the shop at 9am for the Wii Fit and luckily I was second on the list. When I went round to pick it up the manager had a list of forty names and only five units delivered.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 21:22
Do you use the Wii as much as you thought you would? We're thinking of getting one + Wii Fit but can't decide if it'd be worth the money.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 21:28
I do, not always the Wii Fit because Wii Sports is a load of fun too but if you're on a serious weight loss program it's ideal, especially if you hate exercise. It weighs you and keeps track of what you've completed on the hard drive so every time you use it, it's just a continuation of your previous session. And it really doesn't feel like exercise at all. It also keeps a track of your weight so you can set yourself a target and it'll chart your progress.
skating Queen View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Grown Woman Who Should Know Better

Quote skating Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 21:28
Well worth the money Butterfly, great fun and keeping fit all in one.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 18:12
Right, after days of trying to phone the gym, I finally got off my fat arse and drove there to join

I've had my pic taken (wasn't expecting that and could have looked better !) and paid for the entire year. I'm just waiting for my pass to come through the post and then I'm off ! This is gonna be the year of "Fit Tilly"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 00:10
We have bought Wii Fit and it's great!  I hate gyms (skinny bints in Lycra staring at me like I have no right to try and get fit) and it doesn't feel like you're exercising at all, other than when doing the yoga poses and muscle tone exercises, but I can cope with that in my own living room.  The balance and aerobic games are just great fun.  I'd say get one.  Thumbs%20Up
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 08:35
We've had a Wii fit for over a year but I've never tried it!! I bought it for the kids but perhaps I should have a look at it myself (if I can work it!)

Edited by Wighty - 15 Jan 2009 at 08:35
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 11:54
Oh, try it Wighty.  It's not that hard to use - I'm useless with game consoles myself too, but can manage that one.  Big%20smile
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 12:25
I'll get my daughter to teach me how to use t this weekend!

I'm feeling all self righteous now cos I'm just back from my training session at the gym. What I can't understand is, for all the effort I put in, and I've had no alcohol since New Years Day and been very careful about what I'm eating, WHY THE HELL ISN'T THE WEIGHT COMING OFF????!!!

Between the weights we had an interesting discussion about fitness DVD's and how they only ever have fit stick insects in them! Why don't they use 'real' people? You have to be super fit to cope with the warm up in most of them, let alone doing the exercises.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 16:00
Originally posted by Tilly5195

and drove there

Shouldn't you be jogging to the gym .....

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 17:54
Well the year of "Fit Tilly" has got off to a bad start. I'd arranged to go to the gym tonight with my pal who was gonna show me all the machinery. I've just cancelled, I can't be arsed . But I have been ice skating this morning, although I didn't do much, my legs are weak for some reason
Sammy View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Nurse Rachet

Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 11:33
Holy shit, i ate the whole house yesterday! i know its because i didnt eat for 5 days in hospital....but this is ridiculous! Why do i continually check the fridge everytime i go in the kitchen??????? its not as if anything has appeared by magic that wasnt in there 5 mins before! Fat fucker alert!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 13:08
@ Sammy
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 14:05
Oh I really feel for you Sammy!!!

A friend of mine once had an alarm that she kept in the fridge. It was light sensitive so, every time she opened the door, the alarm would oink like a pig!! Anyone know where you can get one from?? LOL
Sammy View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Nurse Rachet

Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 16:31
Originally posted by Wighty

Oh I really feel for you Sammy!!!

A friend of mine once had an alarm that she kept in the fridge. It was light sensitive so, every time she opened the door, the alarm would oink like a pig!! Anyone know where you can get one from?? LOL

You can still buy the oinking pigs that go in the fridge in those gadget type shops.
I got hubby a Homer Simpson cookie jar for xmas and baisically when you flip Homer's head open it says things to you so everyone in the house knows your at the biscuits.............. I am always moaning at the sheer quantity of biscuits Hubby consumes but since i've been home i seem to be raiding it more than him...........but the difference is i open the cookie jar and then leave it open so he cant hear how many times i'm delving in!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>