I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fat Birds Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fat Birds Club
    Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 19:55
Right I'm sorting this thread for all those who are "attempting" to shed a few pounds in the New Year.

No "stick insects" allowed

I also think I'm gonna join the gym. I hate every minute but I suppose it's good for you !
madaboutdan View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote madaboutdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 19:58
i like the way you said "attempting" LOL its definitely easier said than done!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 20:05
I'm joining!!
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 20:23
So am I.

My New Years Resolution is to cycle more and walk more.  I want to lose 3 stone

Great name by the way
Sammy View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Nurse Rachet

Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 20:25
I'm in, but sooooooooooooo crap at dieting!
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 20:30
We will stick together Sammy
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 13:39
Sounds like a plan!  Nice one Tilly, though personally I have rather more than "a few pounds" to lose.  Unhappy
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 14:19
Back to the gym today after nearly a month off and it was a killer!

Some 'thoughtful' sod has given me the Dancing On Ice Dancercise DVD by Kristina and Maria for a Christmas pressie. That's another one to sit on the sofa watching with a bottle of wine and a big bar of chocolate then! It says '...incorporating all the moves the professionals use to get their celebrity ice-partners in tip top condition' - they'd have their work cut out with me! LOL Oh, and there's behind the scenes stuff so I'll take a look at that and let you know!!

Edited by Wighty - 30 Dec 2008 at 14:19
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 14:50
Errrrm, I'll give this DVD a miss! You have to be fit, supple and well co-ordinated and that's just to do the warm up. Why can't they find 'real' people to do these exercise dvds instead of people who are already dead fit?
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 16:14
I have been sort of good today.  Mum made me eat some horrid so I gave her the rest.  I have been on a walk well shopping but once I am back at Uni Breeze (the bike) will be out of the shed and we will go riding.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 17:05
Well I made a start today. I phoned the gym about joining but there was no reply. After that I sat back down in my chair and rested
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 17:23
I hate gyms, and have various joint / back problems that limit the types of exercise I can do anyway - though other experts have suggested that exercise would help to improve these issues in the long term.  I wish the docs / physios would be consistent with their advice.  Ermm

Best plan is swimming since there's no pressure on the joints or back, but I loathe going to the pool too (various comments and "jokes" about water displacement / beached whales over the years do that to you).
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 17:28
I dislike swimming, all I do when I'm the baths is wonder about the number of people who have pee'd in it.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 17:48
Eeeew Tilly!!!!!

Trust you to come up with something like that.  Roll%20Eyes  LOL   (good point though.)

I seriously need to do something serious about losing weight this year, as the joint/back problems are only going to get worse if I don't.  It's just so difficult for me - I have a self-destruct button when it comes to weight issues; not so much an addiction to food as an addiction to eating, if that makes any sense?  The doc suggested weight-loss counselling / mental health therapy back in the summer, and I'm thinking now that may be a good idea.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 17:56
Have you considered ice skating Pez, it does wonders for the bum
madaboutdan View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote madaboutdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 18:15

i need to do more horseriding this year as helps with the bum, tum and core muscles, need to find a horse strong enough to hold me first - perhaps a shire horse....... LOL how i wish i could eat whatever i like and not put on any weight! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>