I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Alien" squid filmed at 8000ft depth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Alien" squid filmed at 8000ft depth
    Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 13:54
Real life sea monster filmed at 8,000' depth in the "Mississippi Canyon" trench in the Gulf of Mexico on an oil rig.

Horrible!

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 16:10
amazing...is it real? Looks like a fake, but don those depths there are some real strange things
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 16:55
Yup, it's supposedly an unknown species. It's the 'elbows' that make it look like something out of The Thing. There are a few videos posted that must have been taken from one original. It comes from a Shell camera. Hard to tell from the video but I'd love to know how long those tentacles are!
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 22:16
The creatures of the deep sea are fascinating, but seriously weird. I agree, it's the elbows that are alarming.

You might enjoy exploring the deep ocean via National Geographic's Crittercam or, when your niece/nephew is older, you can point them in that direction. Where is that darned baby, Darth?

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." - Robin Williams
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 22:44
Thanks for the link Hats, I know I'll enjoy and my 8 year old niece will too. Just about post on the chit chat thread - baby's just arrived.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 09:40
Watch this video of a meteor hitting the earth.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap081125.html
 Post Reply Post Reply