I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3rd Series Celebrity Scissor Hands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3rd Series Celebrity Scissor Hands
    Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 13:17

BBC Three has commissioned a third series of Celebrity Scissorhands to air in Autumn 2008, from Brighter Pictures.

Renowned British hairdresser Lee Stafford returns to take the helm at the Celebrity Scissorhands Hair & Beauty Academy and attempt the impossible - to turn a group of celebrities in to fully-fledged hair and beauty experts in just three short weeks.

Presenter George Lamb (Make My Body Younger, Big Brothers Little Brother) is back to host the hour-long primetime show from inside the purpose-built state-of-the-art academy in Camden, London.

The second series of Celebrity Scissorhands was a ratings success, peaking at 646,000 and averaging at 380,000 viewers throughout the series.

The celebrities will be working flat out, six days a week, nine hours a day perfecting their techniques on willing members of the public.

Clients will be asked to pay what they think their treatment is worth and all money donated to the Academy goes to BBC Children In Need, whose mission is to positively change the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.

Viewers can participate in Celebrity Scissorhands by applying online at the newly re-designed website - bbc.co.uk/scissorhands - for the chance to get an appointment.

The full website presence will be launched in conjunction with the transmission of the programme, comprising trainee profiles and all the latest news, haircut gallery and videos.

Suzanne Gilfillan, Executive Editor for BBC Entertainment says: "We are thrilled that Celebrity Scissorhands is returning to BBC Three for a third series.

"Celebrity Scissorhands is a hide-behind-your-hands entertainment show that draws viewers in, often in horror and disbelief, as members of the public throw themselves in to the hands of the celebrity trainees, all for BBC Children in Need.

"It makes for compelling viewing and we can’t wait to see how the new trainees will fare in Lee's hands this time round."

Deborah Sargeant, Executive Producer for Brighter Pictures, an Endemol company, says: "Every year Lee has his work cut out for him; taking on a team of utterly untrained celebrities, giving them scissors and hoping for the best.

"Last year, Steve Strange drew blood and Brandon Block's client stormed out.

"Nobody knows what the brave clients will face when they enter the Academy this year but plenty of people are prepared to take that risk and do something different to raise money for BBC Children in Need."

The Executive Producer is Deborah Sargeant and the Creative Director of Brighter Pictures is Philip Edgar-Jones. Suzanne Gilfillan is Executive Editor for BBC Entertainment.

Miss Summers View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote Miss Summers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 13:23
I quite like this show because they are not just sat on their arse doing naff all, I don't watch it every night but do flick over in the ad's from time to time.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 13:24
yep its ok to watch if nowt else on
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 19:21
I enjoyed the first one but missed last years.  Might be interesting depending on what celebs they have on.
*Lisa* View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
twat

Quote *Lisa* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 22:34
HeartI like Celebrity scissorhands, Lee Stafford is hot!!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 22:36
Lee Stafford is very hot

I love this show. George Lamb presented it last time.
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 22:42
I love this watched all of them look forward to it I always seem to be hiding behind my hands or my mouth wideopen I really don't know how people do it all for a very good cause and I admire them for it but they are so brave.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 22:52
Bring back Steve Strange
*Lisa* View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash
twat

Quote *Lisa* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 23:15
LOL Steve was hilarious, especially when he cut that womans ear LOL and burnt her eye on the straighteners LOL
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 23:27
Bring back Steve LOL he was funny and I agree Lee Stafford is hot in a wierd sort of way just got something about him
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 13:55
well Steve Strange is back and it starts on Sunday 26th October can't wait.

Celebrity Scissorhands 2008 – Hair Today... Taking its permanent place in this year’s TV schedules comes one of the highlights of BBC’s Children in Need Appeal – Celebrity Scissorhands. Our Celebrity trainees have their clippers at the ready, to become a cut above the rest – or at least they hope so…

Award-winning hairdresser Lee Stafford is back in charge, ready to straighten, curl, bend and tousle the celebrity trainees into something more manageable.

He’ll be helped by fellow high rollers, hairdresser to the stars Errol Douglas, former trainee and this year’s image consultant Steve Strange, and beauty expert Clair Bennett.

The celebrity trainees will receive no training before entering the Academy, and will be working flat out, six days a week, nine hours a day for three weeks, perfecting their techniques on willing members of the public. They really will have to work hard, as every pound and penny paid for each style and treatment, along with any tips they earn, goes straight to BBC Children in Need.

It all kicks off on BBC Three on Sunday 26 October – winding up with the star-studded finale on November 13 when judge and star stylist Nicky Clarke decides who will be this year’s Celebrity Scissorhands Hairdresser of the Year.

Celebrity Scissorhands is on BBC Three from Sunday October 26. Snip snip!

Steve Strange is heading back to The Academy, to style and stun the general public as image consultant - and, inevitably, to lock horns with Academy head Lee Stafford. So what does he have lined up for his new role? And will he be on his best behaviour this year? No more shaven-v styles, Steve...

The celebs

The Celebrity Scissorhands trainees are almost ready to take to the floor of The Academy, back-comb their way into your hearts, and hair-raise a wedge of cash for this year's BBC Children in Need appeal.

This year's star snippers, about to receive their training from Lee Stafford, include former Eastenders actress Shana Swash, Lucinda Ledgerwood, from BBC One's The Apprentice, Stedman Pearson, from 80s pop group Five Star, star of The Real Hustle Jessica-Jane Clement, BBC Switch presenter Jeff Leach, soul singer Kym Mazelle, Scott Robinson of boyband Five and former Grange Hill faces Lee Macdonald and Chris Perry-Metcalf.

all taken from The Officall website
CLICK
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 14:00
I've never watched it properly, but the shows I have seen have been quite funny,agree, Steve strange was hilarious, there was one woman he messed her hair up and she was so upset, she was desperate for Lee Stafford to fix it for her, but he said there wasn't much he could do!!

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 09:20
This show is always strangely compelling

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 10:23
I sometime watch in amazement that anyone would let someone who is clearly not trained to a normal hairdressing standard cut their hair. Made more funny to see their faces when it goes wrong.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 16:08
Don't really know any of the "celebs".  The idea of Steve Strange as Image Consultant = classic!  LOL  Clap

Missed last night's opener, so shall have a look on BBC site later.  Thank Bob for iPlayer is all I can say.  nod
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 21:20
it is repeated tonight on BBC1 12:20 i think? we can't get a signal for BBC3 anyway....

Edited by vicki - 27 Oct 2008 at 21:21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>