I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Medium

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medium
    Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 16:49
if you haven't seen this then watch it!!

Its on sky/tiscali and possibly other cable things, but its all out on DVD anyway... simply one of the best series around. Patrica Arquette is astounding as a mother/wife/medium that starts to listen to the visions and go to the police with what she see's.

Watch it!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 20:00
That sounds ace Jonnyboy I will check that out , thanks. It sounds a bit like "Afterlife" that was on with Lesley sharpe, she kind of help solve murders. Do you know what day its on.
prettypinksparkles View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote prettypinksparkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 22:13
I love this programme. I really feel like that they are a real family - brilliantly acted and great storylines
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 09:35
not sure when its on in the UK I just buy and watch the DVD's

more info here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_(TV_series)
Miss Summers View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote Miss Summers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 13:24
It's on very late a night, it's a great show and should get much more credit and be shown before 3am.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 14:14
I think its on at a normal time on sci-fi channel or something...its multi award winning in the states, amazed it hasn't been picked up over here.

I got the first three seasons on dvd...waiting on the 4th... worth keeping an eye on the boxset deals... mine were a snap.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 15:44
We are up to the 3rd/ 4th or 5th series here - lost count. I tell by Patricia Arquette's hair style. Last season she had it cut short. This season its grown out.

Its a great show. Have you read the books written by the real medium Patricia Arquette plays? Its basically a biography of how she did work with the police and became the consultant for the TV show. She also writes about her experiences as a medium and who she has helped.

I also like to watch Ghost Whisperer - its slightly spookier with darker themes.

Edited by MargiABC - 29 Aug 2008 at 15:49
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 19:16
Have seen both Medium and Ghost Whisperer a couple of times and they're great. 

Sadly I'm alone in my liking of them in Pez house, and you know what men are like when it comed to control of the remote.  Angry
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2008 at 12:54
Originally posted by Strawberry Pez

Have seen both Medium and Ghost Whisperer a couple of times and they're great. 

Sadly I'm alone in my liking of them in Pez house, and you know what men are like when it comed to control of the remote.  Angry

Hide the remote Pez. You know how lazy they are ! They won't want to get up to change it LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2008 at 23:06
Oh, but Jnr does!  He leaps off the sofa and blocks the infra-red receiver on the Sky box if he thinks I'm going to put on a programme he doesn't like.  Spoilt brat.  LOL
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 03:43
I tell my family to go and watch whatever they want to watch on the other TV. Then I get complaints that its cold in that room or the screen's too small. I say too bad.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:13
I like Ghost Whisperer but find it a lot less dark than Medium..its aimed at the younger audience.

Have you seen the Dead Zone? also pretty good.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:39
Medium is shown on the BBC1 I think anyways saw the last series on either that or ITV and really enjoyed it not keen on Ghost Whisperer which is not in the same league
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 14:08
Saw a couple of episodes of this and really liked it but I forget that it's on. Used to be on BBC1 around midnight. The Ghost Whisperer is alright but Medium is better.
*helen* View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote *helen* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 00:01
when is this on? it sounds good
Miss Summers View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote Miss Summers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 14:19
It's on tonight on BBC1 at 10.45pm. ep2 of 16

Edited by Miss Summers - 10 Sep 2008 at 18:54
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>