I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing - past
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which pro will partner who?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
prettypinksparkles View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote prettypinksparkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which pro will partner who?
    Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 19:27
Now that Nicole is not doing Strictly Angry, does anyone have any ideas who Matt will dance with for the pro dances? I have a theory that it may be Karen as her and Brendan didn't seem to get on as well towards the end of last year's Strictly but what does everyone eles think?

Can't wait for it to start Dance
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 17:23
if Matt dances with her will loose respect for him to be honest - I think it will be Kristina or Hayley holt and frankly Hayley Holt is an insult
prettypinksparkles View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote prettypinksparkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 19:11
I get the feeling this year's Strictly is not going to be a good one, they would have struggled to top last years but they could have tried. Shows don't always need 'new blood' sometimes a bit of familiarity is nice.
Rosy Lee View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Rosy Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 20:18
It's not Matthew's fault. If he had the power he would have Nicole reinstated. I'm sure he must be feeling awful but in no way to blame imo. I wouldn't be surprised if Matthew did offer to pull out in support of Nicole but she quite rightly would not agree to it and is no doubt 100% behind Matthew as he prepares to defend his title.

You never know perhaps the BBC plan to mix up the pro's on their dances like they do on DWTS
Left Feet View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Left Feet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 20:18

I've got no probelm with new dancers coming in or changing the format every year because you need to change to stop things getting stale. It's a shame that they have had to import dancers from overseas I agree with that.

chesilbeach View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote chesilbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 20:45
Originally posted by Left Feet

I've got no probelm with new dancers coming in or changing the format every year because you need to change to stop things getting stale. It's a shame that they have had to import dancers from overseas I agree with that.

I'm not particularly bothered by the overseas dancers, but I'd prefer to see dancers based in the UK to be chosen and I'd also like to hear a few different British accents - where are the Welsh, Scottish and Irish voices? I don't know anything about the UK professional dance world outside of Strictly - are there any regional dancers who would be suitable?

Edited by chesilbeach - 18 Aug 2008 at 20:46
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 13:03
I have a suspicion that Hayley Holt will partner Brendan for the pro dances ...

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 11:10
you never know matt might be with nicole because i remember one year a pro got to dance with their pro partner even though they weren't part of strictly.

Post Reply Post Reply