I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Forever In Our Thoughts
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get well prayers for 3 sick mates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get well prayers for 3 sick mates
    Posted: 25 July 2008 at 10:00
I've got 3 mates who are really sick.

One (quite a new mate but I've never seen him well) has had an ongoing condition for 5 years and his Consultant has just given him the runaround yet again and he's shockingly depressed but only to me. I wish him the strength to tell the Docs this and for them to find out exactly what's wrong with him, it's the not knowing that's killing him.

One has a heriditary heart condition that flares up in times of stress and he's just been hospitalised, out today (hopefully).

One has some sort of abnormal brain activity that was only disgnosed after $14,000 worth of scans that his health insurance didn't cover. He's now working flat out to pay for the next batch of tests. We beat up the NHS but I don't think we realise how lucky we are.

They are all under 30.

I was pretty sick myself last year but I came out the other side OK and I'm virtually back to normal. [TG]

Your health is absolutely everything, take care of it.

My prayers are with them all.

Alex

Yummy Mummy View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Yummy Mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 22:12
Best wishes to your friends Alex x
Yummy Mummy
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 15:24
From here too.  Hug
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 12:08
Hey thank you!

OK, so the first guy had his appt on Friday - Not only was the Consultant a no show but they moved the dept and the nurse he saw said that these new tests weren't necessary! He's bypassing everything and everyone and coming to St Marks in London - This is all private btw, he's lost thousands of pounds.

Guy number 2 is out (literally only in overnight, talk about bed shortages!) and 100% fine but one of those 'delicate' people - ie have a fight with him and he gets sick - *sigh*

Third guy is seeing Docs tomorrow - fingers crossed
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 13:46
Wishing them all well, and same for you Alex.  I wasn't around much last year, but remember seeing that you were ill - didn't realise it had been quite that serious though.  So glad you recovered.

You're right that we're lucky to have an NHS, but then when they treat people the way your first friend has been it's hard not to wonder what the hell is going on with it, and where does all the Nat. Ins. money go, since it's obviously not being spent on effective treatment!

It's terrible that your friends are having to spend so much to get proper treatment, and even worse when you think there are people about who are desperately in need of healthcare around the world and can't get it whether they have the money to pay for it or not.
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 19:52
of course we all wish your friends well and the very best for better health, or thoughts are with them all, sorry to hear about their problems, wishing them all well

Edited by vicki - 30 July 2008 at 19:52

Post Reply Post Reply