I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brie and other Cheeses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brie and other Cheeses
    Posted: 17 July 2008 at 22:26
What types of Cheese do you like and what would you enjoy having with your Cheese.

The other week I had Brie and Tomato Panini it was lovely I enjoyed it very much

I love all cheese minus Stilton and that smelly feet one Puke
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 23:53
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

I love cheese of any description except really strong goat cheese because it tastes how goats smell and quite literally gets right up my nose.  Puke

Me and t'other half are both rather fond of Stinking Bishop, though we don't get hold of it so often now he no longer works in Tewkesbury.  Shame.

Good cheese is best with some simple crackers and a nice glass of wine.  Failing that, some strong cheddar and either Branston Pickle or beetroot on a sarnie is tops.  Big%20smile

Edited by Strawberry Pez - 17 July 2008 at 23:55
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 00:04
That's the stinking bishop well I have never had it before but you know.

I like cheese and onion toastie it is heaven on a plate

I like cheese and apple

I love that french cheese the cream and garlic and herb one Faintbest cheese ever.

I am with you Pez I love cheese and crackers.  I am hungry just thinking about it nod
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 12:32
Stilton (a really good one) Carrs Table Water crackers and a bottle of vintage port - yum
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 13:34
Originally posted by Strawberry Pez

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

Calm down dear, it's just cheese Wink

Me, I prefer Irish Cheddar Big%20smile
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Dans Chick View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Dans Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 16:43
I love cheese!  even the smelly goats cheese which I had last weekend in a butternut squash lasagne.

I like the strong cheddars and also the french cream cheeses with garlic and herbs. Marmite cheese is also yummy. We have a factory that makes it near where I live!
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 23:09

Oh, I'm with Pez on this one! CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

Tbh, we mostly live on boring old Cheddar, because it's so versatile and goes with anything (and is cheaper, by and large).

Bren, you're spot on - I love Stilton - it needs nothing more than Carr's Table Water crackers. I don't drink alcohol, but it's great with a good coffee.

Hmm - at the moment my cheese tray has the ubiquitous Cheddar, Brie and Double Gloucester - all of them organic this week as my strict vegetarian brother (ice cream man) is visiting and so the cheese has to be vegetarian. Sigh. But I should have bought Stilton as well...

The other staples in the Hats fridge are Philly and Boursin - both of which go well in sauces for pasta. A family favourite is an incredibly simple pasta with mushrooms, smoked salmon and Boursin. Yum.
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." - Robin Williams
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 00:14
I love Red Leicester that is one of my favourite cheese as well as Edam.

Red Leicester is better on Cheese on Toast and I enjoy the crumbly cheese as well.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 15:57
oohhhhhh Boursin.  With really fresh, crusty French bread.  Heart

One of the most interesting cheeses I tried in recent years was white stilton (i.e. without the blue veins) with lemon zest.  It was a proper dessert cheese and really quite subtle.

Stilton gets it's strong smell and flavour from the blue veins and is very mild and creamy without them, so the lemon version was almost like cheesecake.  Very more-ish, but haven't seen it around anywhere for a while.

Edited by Strawberry Pez - 19 July 2008 at 16:05
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 12:24
Someone at work was talking about Stilton with Apricot in them Puke, I tried it once and I didn't like it as it was to sweet, for my liking.
madaboutdan View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote madaboutdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 20:28
i love stilton with apricot! but also like cornish blue, which is very similar to stilton but even nicer.

love cheddar as it goes with soo much, i could live without meat but not without cheese
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 20:45
Snowdonia Cheese Co. make some of my favourite cheeses - strong cheddars (usually) with natural flavourings: Ginger Spice with fresh ginger pieces, Pickle Power with pickled onion bits, and Amber Mist with scotch whisky.  My mouth's watering just thinking about them.  
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 01:01
That Pickle Power Cheese sounds nice.

I had Buffallo Cheese last week it was horrible no taste at all.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 09:37
I love cheese but have had to cut down, so have hardly any dairy any more...cheese is a treat.

Love a rich Camembert, chaum, cheddar so strong it stings the roof of your mouth, smoked cheese....basically anything other than Blue or Goats. (which both taste like sick)
 Post Reply Post Reply