I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dance Splits - Help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 23:13
Aww Chunks
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 23:19
Dennis is flexible that's a good thing. Aww Chunks just think.......Eww maybe not.

Aj you have to work on being flexible keep stretching everyday going further each day. Not sure if everyone is able to do them flat.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 23:46
Originally posted by Woo

Dennis is flexible that's a good thing. Aww Chunks just think.......Eww maybe not.

NOOO!!! The very thought makes me ill. I find him repulsive.Puke

Keep practising AJ, let us know if you manage it.
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 16:56
it is so annoying as i am only about 2/3 inches tops from them being flat!!! i just can't get them there and i do stretch daily and i seem to always find myself in the middle of lessons flexing as it makes my legs more straight.

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 09:44
just keep stretching and it will happen, a little every day is all you need. I tore my ligaments when I was 14 and I wouldnt recoment doing it my way
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 17:52
neither would i from the sounds of it but i am not flat in them and my pe teacher is still scared to look at me when i do them only thing i can beat him at other than trampolining.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 18:17
what stretches do you do AJ???

I get all my pupils into splits with this one a bit hard to describe but will have a go

crouch down extend one leg out straight ie in crouch right leg is straight and left is bent in the crouch.  Rock body weight over to the straight leg so right leg becomes bent in crouch and left leg is straight and extended - only do this by rocking body over to the straight leg (dont pull one leg in and put one leg out) start with 10 work up by further 10 every day after each 10 ease down into the splits as the muscles on inside of thighs stretch you should get lower - never force it

Also bend from waist with legs far apart keeping knees straight fold arms and hold your elbows bend and put elbows on the floor
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 18:51
i am not sure of what stretches i do i just know them from the past and others have said they help. A diagram would help if possible bren.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 19:49
the excercises in this video are what I mean

ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 19:55
thanks bren. i can only do them with my right leg forward never mind my left leg and never mind box splits But that will be handy, thanks.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 20:02
if you do those lunge excercises it will improve
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 20:40
i will try them. i near enough do them what with doing teapots and drags/lunges on the ice. but i will do them off the ice too.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 10:13
The exercises in that video are exactly part of the warm-up every session we do at gym before anybody even tries to lower down into splits, and they do work - Dancediva can do all 3 splits (right leg, left leg and box splits) and that's how she got them too.  Also note the way she 'bounces' in the lunge position too, each 'bounce' helps to stretch a little more too ... hope you manage to get there AJ! 
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 17:00
i will stick to being able to do dance splits left and right leg and leave out box splits.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 23:40
AJ ... as you are member of the male species, I do not blame you in the slightest
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12