I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Forever In Our Thoughts
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Great-Grandad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
climbinchick View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote climbinchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Great-Grandad
    Posted: 13 June 2008 at 17:05
Just watching a video compilation of Torvill and Dean on youtube really reminded me of him. He was the one that told me all about them, and if he hadn't I probably never would have set foot inside an ice rink, let alone watched Dancing on Ice (I'm 14 by the way). He died last September, and I wish he was still here as although he had started to forget things he was still a really great person to talk to and remembered loads about them. He brought my parents tickets to see them on their first tour as they couldn't afford them themselves! He was the only grandfather I had and I miss him so much. The video made me cry because there was a photo in it where they're both wearing jumpers exactly the same as his favourite one, with their medals. I would give anything to have him back again to talk to, especially as I didn't know I would want to ask him about Karen and Nicky and Robin until it was too late.

Sorry for that long spiel by the way, I just wanted to write it all out.
When I grow up I want to be....just like Piers Morgan!
Joke
 Post Reply Post Reply