I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No free speech allowed on DIGITAL SPY!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkie_princess View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pinkie_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 17:01
they probably are!
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 17:32
If DS wants some, they'll come get some! Fight
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 21:04
Originally posted by ajkb7926

i just went to sign up to look at it then i got an email demanding payment well they can f*£k off i am not paying them a single penny.

what was the thread about then alex?

Well that's just if you only have a web based email account, they don't charge everyone.

Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 21:29
I cannot believe you were banned Alex you don't deserve to be banned there a few who should be banned on there IMHO not mentioning names, and that site is not that good either
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 12:23

The Blue Room hasn't really got into I'd Do Anything in anything like the same way we discussed every nuance of SCD and DOI, so I have been visiting the IDA forum on DS *blushes with shame*. There are some weird and downright nasty people there who are, inexplicably, not pulled up or banned by the mods, but, to be fair, there are some reasonable and well-balanced people too (probably BR members on a day-trip Wave).

The key thing is not to get angry with the idiots but just ignore them. Starved of the oxygen of a reaction, they get bored and drift away. Oo-er, just like dealing with bullies in the playground, really!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 12:06
Originally posted by Hatshepsut

<FONT style=": #000033">The Blue Room hasn't really got into I'd Do Anything in anything like the same way we discussed every nuance of SCD and DOI, so I have been visiting the IDA forum on DS *blushes with shame*.

Yes...me too, though I've only posted a tiny bit, I read more than I post over there! It's very busy, it suprised me, I don't remember it being as active when Joseph was on but I could be wrong.
Tiger View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 22:11
I am pleased to see this thread here.

I have been involved with a thread about playlisting on BBC Local Radio on Digital spy, which I thought was a respectable forum.

I now have my doubts, the moderators have suspended me and others for very moderate comments and yet they allow very abusive posters to continue with insulting remarks when they are not capable of argument..and then they allow these abusive posters to report those that they cannot argue against.

Digital spy is losing all credibility..its moderators are to blame, they are incompetant  idiots and that is the positive reaction to them!!

Will expain more later.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 14:28
Hello Tiger, link us to the forum so we can have a look for ourselves.

Moderating is a tough job but the DS mods are a law unto themselves, not very consistant
Tiger View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 16:25
Originally posted by Alex

Hello Tiger, link us to the forum so we can have a look for ourselves.

Moderating is a tough job but the DS mods are a law unto themselves, not very consistant

Hi, thankyou for your interest.

It is here..

BBC Local Radio Playlist - Radio - Digital Spy Forums

< =vspib =submit>
25 posts - 9 authors - Last post: 2 Jul
If you have ever wondered about the BBC Local Radio playlist and why it all seemed so ... well... BBC Local Radio... well I did too so ...
www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?

And I know moderation is not easy..but surely it needs to be even handed. Otherwise you have to suspect collusion?

Tiger.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 07:54
I honestly can't understand DS. They allow out and out bullying in, where several folk gang up on one poster to the extent that the whole thing becomes rather dark and horrid and the mods do nothing.   Then they ban others out of the blue
I was directed here by Bren and it is a lovely room. We can all argue, disagree etc but our opinions, no matter how diverse, are respected.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 21:59
Oh that's not the worst about DS - have you ever vebtured into their fanfic threads?  Don't - you will be offended.  They go into overdrive with SCD - writing utter crap about various sexual connections between pro dancers and celebs.  I am surprised that it isn't viewed as libel or slander

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Tiger View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 22:25
Yes, I have to agree that there is bullying on Digital Spy. It is something that is very unpleasant and has been tolerated by the moderators. Certain posters with a common interest(in my experience it was playlisting on commercial radio and BBC Local radio) gather together and try to force dissenting voices off the forum and bleat for bans when they have been sussed. I believe in free speech and would never report any poster..until I saw what was happening. There is certainly a problem with moderation on DS.

It is good to see that forums such as this one exists.
Force Ten View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Force Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 12:12
Originally posted by Thess

Oh that's not the worst about DS - have you ever vebtured into their fanfic threads?  Don't - you will be offended.  They go into overdrive with SCD - writing utter crap about various sexual connections between pro dancers and celebs.  I am surprised that it isn't viewed as libel or slander

All Fanfic on the SCD forum got banned a couple of years ago.  It was quite disgusting!  I don;t know if there's another section for fanfic, but it's certainly not on the Strictly forum any more.  I believe the main perpetrators started up a new website especially for such fanfic - don't know if it's still running or not.

Edited by Force Ten - 12 Jan 2011 at 12:12
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 13:50
Fanfic is a dodgy conception at the best of times: although I was amused at a spoof fanfic posted on there (& rapidly taken off Whistle) about Anton du Beke (aka Tony Berk) his Brazilian houseboy Felipe and the day Brucie got a bad case of flu... I still have it actually...

In fairness (booo!) to DS, moderating is a tough job even on a small forum, every day there's something to do, spam or people trying to be clever and seeding links by pretending they're interested in a topic on here.

DS are slack in some areas and way too trigger happy in others
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 02:45
I detest little internet warriors like that. Clap 
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 12:30
sorry Kev I may have dleted your post by mistake was getting rid of spam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>