I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Films that get you choked up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:34
Stand By Me
Platoon
Wizard of Oz
It's a Wonderful Life

Basically, just about all of my favourite-ever films make me cry.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 12:34
AI really got to me too.  I know it's a Spielberg / Hollywood ending rather than being true to the book, but I still love that film.  There are scenes that reduce me to a blubbering wreck from start to finish.
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 16:07
yes,have to agree ree stepmom, i cant watch it often for that reason lots of films make me sad but only a few make me cry for relaat parts- in little women-my favourite book EVER and film too, when beth dies, the way they did it was so tender and sad, also titanic when i was younger and obssessed with it in my teenage years probabaly wouldnt cry now though...
another favourite film of mine, a walk to rememeber made my mum cry buckets the first time she watched it, i had already seen it before so was prepared and didnt that time,i cried at ghost once too when i was little

mais View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote mais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 17:52
I used to choke up every time I used to watch the old Lassie films.Even now if there is an animal in films I cry or laugh at them. If a film has a very sad ending thet sets me off as well. I like happy endings and true stories. Usually on TV as don't go to the cinema much these days.So expensive.
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 20:10
Originally posted by mais

I used to choke up every time I used to watch the old Lassie films.Even now if there is an animal in films I cry or laugh at them. If a film has a very sad ending thet sets me off as well. I like happy endings and true stories. Usually on TV as don't go to the cinema much these days.So expensive.

OMIGOD, that's reminded me! Another reunion that makes me weep every single bloody time - the ending of The Incredible Journey.

Love a happy ending *sniffle, sniffle*
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 21:47
Mask with Cher in, a true story about a young boy, gets me everytime I am in floods,
I tear up at anything nancy had me in tears tonight,
Disney film Enchanted I was blinking back the tears in the cinema such a girly.. feel good film, Disney are very clever peeps.
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 23:24
when i was younger i used to get upset at the lion king and at bambi and could never watch and it and not choke up but i can watch them fine now.
oh i know that song now tilly - david and pam used it for there semi routine in doi 1 didn't they. I love that song but if i hear it too many times it can set me off .

sillysophie View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer
Dan's Diva

Quote sillysophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 14:12
aww never thought about which films make me cry... haha

urrmm,,,, Ghost, titanic when she lets leo go! grrr haha Phantom of the opera I would have gone with gerard Butler not the other man haha :P
Sharon View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Dan's Diva

Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 14:33
Champ (with Jon Voight and Faye Dunaway) has to be the film that makes me cry the most

lots of others as well, I'm a right cry baby
vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 19:42
my mum cried at the end of free willy whe nwe saw it in the cinema many years ago, lol my friend at school cried at lots of films, like the lion king we had to watch it over and over in R.S ,(dont ask, we had a very strange rs teacher....!) we also had to watch schindlers list, many people cried at that too,very emotional

ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 22:52
i have seen escape from sobibor thats like schindlers list isn't it? i want to see schindlers list is it any good? now you have me intrigued why were you watching it in rs?...

vicki View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Dan's Diva

Quote vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 14:44
our rs teacher used to make us watch films every lesson ,rather than teach us, for two whole years we had to watch films and videos, luckily we werent taking it for gcse or we would have all fialed, we were watching schindlers list as we were (supposed) t obe learning about the Holocaust,
i would say watch it ,it is very sad though . we also had to watch the lion king about a hundred times , whic jmade my firnd cry every tiem, also had to wacth blackadder alot, which everyone else found hilarious but i cant stand!! ...watched Awakenings too, and lots of other films, as you can tell we really learnt alot...

Yummy Mummy View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Yummy Mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 21:47
Where do I start, I cry at practically everything.  Going back years ago I used to cry at Kramer v Kramer, then there's Armageddon, The Lion King, Beaches.  There was a film on Sky a few weeks ago about 2 tiger cubs who were separated from each other and their mum and dad, dad was killed but they eventually found each other then their mum.  Just about crying thinking about it Cry
Yummy Mummy
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 10:35
The Green Mile with Tom Hanks ... no matter how many times I watch it I still end up in floods of tears when they put the big guy in the electric chair! 

And a really stupid one - Jack Frost ... when the dad dies and comes back as a snowman!  When he has to go at the end and the mum realises who he really is ... proper tear jerking! 

Oh yes, and Fluke, where the dad gets killed (again!) and comes back reincarnated as a dog, who remembers his previous life and goes to find his son again.  He eventually leaves them to get on with their new life and - similar to Jack Frost - the mum realises that this really could be her dead husband and the doggy toddles away ... leaving me in floods of soppy tears again! 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 10:37
Originally posted by Tilly5195

Rita, Sue and Bob Too, now I cry at that one - with laughter. It's bloody hilarious and I've just realised that woman from Benidorm (Coolios grandma) was Rita (or Sue )

OMG I love that film ... I didn't realise about Coolio's grandma being Rita/Sue (I can't remember which one either), but now I think of her face I think you could be right!!! 
Dans Chick View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Dan's Diva

Quote Dans Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 13:47
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Stand By Me
Ghost

Edited by Dans Chick - 09 May 2008 at 13:47
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>