I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Films that get you choked up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Films that get you choked up
    Posted: 03 May 2008 at 18:21
Come on then lets here which films that get you all choked up or with the feeling at the back of your throat.

For me it's Stepmom.
I don't know why but it always gives me the feeling in the back of my throat.

what about you guys and girls?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 18:40
Armageddon. The film and aww that song. Love it but it makes me cry my eyes out
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 19:19
never watched it, is it any good?and is the song any good?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 19:36
The song is Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing. It's a fantastic film. Not just a chick flick. Bruce Willis and Ben Afleck try to save the world from a meteor hitting it by going into outer space. There's other big stars in it too. It's a must see for guys and gals. You'd love it.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 19:46
West Side Story, and Titanic - but only because of the ship, couldn't give a hoot about the love story part.
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 19:50
Goodnight Mister Tom.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 19:50
Beaches with Bet Midler. The end is sooo sad.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 19:52
Originally posted by Woo

Beaches with Bet Midler. The end is sooo sad.

And THAT song awwww
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 19:55
Its such a funny then sad film. I cried for ages after watching that.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 20:14
Rita, Sue and Bob Too, now I cry at that one - with laughter. It's bloody hilarious and I've just realised that woman from Benidorm (Coolios grandma) was Rita (or Sue )
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 20:21
Spooky, my daughter and I had this conversation a short while ago, so I have no trouble remembering my top three 'choked up' moments from the films:

The Railway Children - "Daddy, my Daddy!" - well, how can you watch that dry-eyed?
Random Harvest - "Smithy!" - okay, showing my age, but watch it and weep.
Willow - "Willow!" - most under-rated film of all time.

Spot the common thread - all are reunion moments - I'm a sucker for a happy ending!

Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 20:30
I have an endless list of tear jerkers

The Lion King
Tarzan when the Gorilla gets shot
Titanic
Phantom of the Opera
there are more but I am embarrased with them
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 20:38
Ghost- Patrick Swayze   CryI love girly chick flicks
As for Disney Films the list for that is endless   I think the top of the list The Lion King.
Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 20:48
Originally posted by Woo

Ghost- Patrick Swayze   CryI love girly chick flicks

Ditto Cry
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 22:10
Originally posted by veronica

Goodnight Mister Tom.

Goodness, yes!  Haven't seen this for years - thanks for the reminder V.  *wipes away a tear*
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 00:10
Philadelphia, All About My Mother, My Own Private Idaho all have me in floods but I tear up at anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>