I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Unpopular Opinions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 15:46
Everyone should have their DNA taken at birth!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 21:17
Bring back corporal punishment. When we were at school if you talked to much at lunch times or if you were naughty to got hit with a ruler. The kids at our junior school were so well behaved compare to kids today. We has respect for teachers.
Don't know what happened in senior school (well probably end of corporal punishment)
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 21:21
how long ago was that woo?

*runs*

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 21:28
Many moons ago when the earth was still young
AJ Ouch
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 21:49
ohh what were the dinosaurs like?..... *hides*

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 15:38
On the subject of dinosaurs ..... pensioners should be banned from Post Office, bank and shop queues between 12pm and 2pm.
PussInBoots View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote PussInBoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 16:49
Cyclists should not use zebra crossings....
skating Queen View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer
Grown Woman Who Should Know Better

Quote skating Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 19:46

People on motor bikes, who weave in and out of the traffic in jams - they should wait like the rest of us!Censored

crimpo View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote crimpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 00:50
As to my unpopular opinions - I suspect my avatar may just provide a clue to them!
'If you're old enough you're good enough' - Mike Bassett
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 02:50
Haha crimpo, a name would be massively helpful as I don't have a clue who it is. I'm better at ranty if I'm only half-informedLOL so just a name would be great.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 08:45
Karl Marks I think
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:22
Bren's right Chunks - Crimpo's avatar is Karl Marx.  Not sure why Crimpo would think that makes his opinions unpopular though?
PussInBoots View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote PussInBoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:35
Originally posted by Strawberry Pez

Bren's right Chunks - Crimpo's avatar is Karl Marx.  Not sure why Crimpo would think that makes his opinions unpopular though?

Perhaps he's a communist..... Confused
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:55
That wouldn't necessarily make for unpopular viewpoints though. 

As a philosophy, communism is an admirable thing.  Unfortunately it is doomed in practice as structures of society are always stratified, whether this is by "class" or some other form of power structure.

Whether we like it or not, there will always be a layer of society that is suppressed / oppressed, either by elite individuals or by the state that is supposed to be looking out for them.

Humanity is by nature corruptible, and those that desire power over others will always find a way to obtain it.  Unpopular, maybe, but that's the way I see it.
crimpo View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote crimpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 22:12
All too true Pez! The Communists were (I know there are still a few about - but the past tense seems applicable) generlly admirable in opposition but a total nightmare in government! As dear old Lord Acton put it - 'Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!'

As to my politics - Engels was always my favourite but absolutely noone would recognise him! I loved the fact he took up fox-hunting because he reasoned that after the revolution they'd need a cavalry! The Victorian radicals had soem style and were SO un-PC.
'If you're old enough you're good enough' - Mike Bassett
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 16:08
LOL  I'd recognise Engels Crimpo and have a true love-hate relationship with anything Victorian, mainly because of the damage they did to medieval buildings / artefacts in the name of "preservation" - such as whitewashing the interiors of painted churches because religious buildings would never have been deliberately made so garish, so much have been vandalised later!  Pinch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>