I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Unpopular Opinions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Unpopular Opinions
    Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:22
I thought a thread like this might be good, where we can voice opinions that might not be generally popular. It's not an exercise in controversy, more a platform for getting things off your chest. Doesn't matter what the topic is, just get it out there. I'll start:

Climate change is real and happening now, but the human race is not the main culprit. The environmental brigade are guilty of fascist behaviour when it comes to dissenting voices.

Able-bodied people who are out of work for more than three months should have their benefits stopped. There's plenty of work out there. It might not be to a persons' taste but it's there if you look. You can't be choosy when you're unemployed, nor should you expect to be looked after by the rest of us.

The police should be issued with guns. Rubber bullets will do. If you're a criminal and you're running away from police, a shot in the leg will soon stop you in your tracks.

The government should be pulling troops out of Iraq and using the money to build hostels so that the homeless can be given a permanent address with which to find work and have  a better chance at life. (that might not be so unpopular actually)

ID cards are a good idea if you've nothing to hide.

Phew! That's better. Now it's YOUR turn.Big%20smile

ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:31

on the topic of the id cards if they government want us to have them they should pay for them yearly and if we loose them then we should have to pay for them depending on how they went missing off course. The same with the trackers in cars we have the right to privacy but i can see where they are coming from but if we need them then they should pay for them and the yearly upkeep.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:44
Why is it so bloody expensive to live in the UK? Petrol for example how much money do the oil company's earn per day , per hour its staggering. Then we have to listen while they justify the profit and tell us they don't really make much on fuel its the Government.
well, between them someone its making loads of money at our expense.Censored

We definitely need tighter checks on people who are claiming disability benefits. Most of the people genuinely need help which is OK. but then we see reports in the paper of the man who is refereeing a 90 minute football game , then claiming he can't work due to a bad back.Censored
Aaaahh much better nowBig%20smile

Hatshepsut View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Hatshepsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 11:52
Am I right in thinking that the point of this thread is to post remarks that other people are extremely unlikely to agree with?

If that's the case, then I think we should have no border controls at all in ANY country, no passports, no green cards, no ID - just total liberty to go and do anything we want to do as responsible citizens of the world.

Hats (secretly, an anarchist)

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 20:22
Originally posted by Hatshepsut

Am I right in thinking that the point of this thread is to post remarks that other people are extremely unlikely to agree with?

That was exactly the intentionBig%20smile

It's for opinions that people might jump on you for but that you believe to be true and right. Just get it out there, it's very therapeutic.LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 20:39
I think women claiming benefits should be forcefully injected with the contraceptive injection ! Why should us hard working tax payers pay for their kids!

Also I complete agree with ID cards. Like Chunks said, if you've nothing to hide what's the problem.

Also bring back the death penalty. Again why should us honest hard working tax payers pay to keep low life scum with a roof over their heads. Kill em all off !

Phew.....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 20:44
And National Service for all Chavs !
lisa View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Matt's Ice Maiden

Quote lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 21:18
Originally posted by Chunks

.Able-bodied people who are out of work for more than three months should have their benefits stopped. There's plenty of work out there. It might not be to a persons' taste but it's there if you look. You can't be choosy when you're unemployed, nor should you expect to be looked after by the rest of us

this really gets my back up me and my partner have to work for everything my husband works hard for his family and I go part time to make ends meet yet we don't go on holiday, we don't go on the drink every weekend why? because we can't afford it!! yet people who live around us and we know of don't work they are on sick benifit yet go abroad on holiday and out every weekend it really gets to me I must be doing something wrong.

another is council Tax i hate paying it I pay every month but what for? to get my bin emptied?? yes we have the Police force and Fire service but they were still there before the council tax,   I just wish someone would scrap it I would rather give my council tax money to a charity.

Its good this thread I like
Miss Summers View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote Miss Summers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 21:22
My god I love this thread, I agree with everything everyone has said apart from 1, not going to say what one that is because thats the whole point to this lovely thread. Lisa you are so right re council tax, what a huge waste of our well earned money. Fookers!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 21:50
It seems, Chunks, that your view on limiting benefits for able-bodied lazy b*st*rds isn't so unpopular after all!  LOL

Isn't there a similar system in the States?  Not sure.  Whatever - Chunks for PM!  Clap
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 00:06
My unpopular opinions are

I think climate change is something that happens naturally to the planet and we can't do anything to stop it. I also think the whole carbon footprint idea is a load of crap.

I don't think obesity is a problem in this country.

i can't think of anymore.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 09:25
It's absolutely true that 'global warming' is a natural phenomenon and would be happening anyway, whether humanity was industrially advanced or not.  I'm not saying that pollution doesn't have any effect on us or the planet, but it certainly isn't the cause of global warming.

I have a friend who is a geo-archaeologist and is presently researching the effects of climate change that happened 7000 years ago.  People at that time didn't have pollution on a scale that is produced today, yet climate change still happened.

This is a natural issue that politicians and businesses have seized as a stick to beat the general public with because we didn't want to listen when told that the resources were running out (which I do believe).

[/ climate rant]
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:39
I'm with you there Pez!

I'm only guessing this is an unpopular opinion, but here goes:
Whilst the disappearance of a child is tragic why is there SUCH an outpouring of grief and hysteria about MAddie? I know, I know it's mysterious and there's more to it all than meets the eye but isn't that the same as every other child who goes missing? Sadly, children all over the world go missing every day/week and aren't found. Do they all get front page news every week? Do their parents get 2 hour prime time TV specials?

I don't get it, but i DO hope she is found one day, for her family's sake.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 19:39
Rapists who admit their crimes should be castrated.

Why do we hand out child benefit to foreigners who work in this country, when their children have never stepped foot over here?

Why are there no formal protests/marches about the abolition of the 10p tax rate?

In the same measure if you choose to live in say Spain you could claim your child benefit over there - the only child benefit is paid to workers from EC countries in the same vein we have the right to setttle in europe and claim child benefits/ pensions there - so we have to be careful of what we wish for.

Edited by Bren - 04 May 2008 at 21:16
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 20:08
Also abolish Legal Aid. If you've done something wrong get yourself out of the shite !!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 11:05
But if you've been accused of something you didn't do and don't have resources to defend yourself, what happens then?  You're not innocent until a jury / magistrate acquits you, so how can the system differentiate who deserves assistance and who doesn't until after?

Perhaps people found guilty should be liable to repay any legal aid they were granted?  Though I'm not sure how that could be enforced if someone's banged up for a spell...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>