I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film > Soap Box
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coronation Street

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coronation Street
    Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 16:50

Ah Emmerdale then!  couldn't think of a publican mum and daughter in anything other than Corrie!

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 00:32
I'm confused, I'm not sure. The Australian actress Emily ???who was in DOI a couple of years ago with Dan was also serving behind the bar.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 23:58

Originally posted by MargiABC

......The publican sacked her mother and then reinstated her.

You must be talking about Coronation Street then, with Shelley and Bev Unwin (her Mum) behind the bar? 

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 13:13
I don't know the characters. What I saw was a female character with dark hair must have lost her car license and was looking for someone to drive for her. A shifty character was asked to deliver a car to someone and his cousin taking driving lessons and caused an accident. The publican sacked her mother and then reinstated her.

I think my statement about Coronation street was confusing - I meant I remember seeing the Ena Sharples character on Tv many years ago, but I never actually watched an episode then. I was a school student an caught glimpses of it when my mother occasionally watched it. The episode I watched the other day was a modern epsiode, but I can't remember what happened.

Edited by MargiABC - 12 Jan 2010 at 13:15
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 17:07
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 12:53
We just increased the number of free to air TV stations in NSW from 5 analog to 12 digital and Coronation Street and Emmerdale have started to air. Coronation Street did air here many, many years ago. I remember seeing a character who always wore a hair net. She reminded me of my grandmother.
I watched my first episode of Coronation Street and Emmerdale on Friday.

Edited by MargiABC - 11 Jan 2010 at 13:00
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 00:56
Hum it and I'll tell you if I know it.
ajkb7926 View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Matt's Ice Man

Quote ajkb7926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 18:54

what was that song norris had as his ringtone? i have been after it for ages!

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 20:46
Haven't seen this for AGES but I like Margi Clarke so will try to catch it before I go to work.

WHERE IS THE NORRIS AND BLANCH TWO-HANDER, GRANADA? HMMM? Comedy gold!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 19:48

Yeah Margi Clarke is looking good, and Yes Tilly the teeth are looking very Simon Cowell. Hope she stays in for a while.

And Scary Brian does look scary Unhappy

Shonzie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Shonzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 20:54
I agree with you Tilly its good that Margi Clarke is back in Corrie.From the way she was talking on This Morning shes had a bad time of it recently and it's good shes got her life back on track again
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 19:57
It's good to see Margi Clarke (playing Tyrones mum again) back in Corrie, I love her, she's fantastic. Also with new "Hollywood Smile". Brilliant actress.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 11:47
Well looking at your avatar Chunks, you bear an uncanny resemblance to her LOL 

I thought the call mate was ace too, made me and Dancediva laugh anyway! 

Must say though that whatever you think of the character David - I think Jack P Shepherd is an excellent actor and portrays the character really well. 
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 01:38
Hmmm that means I haven't seen Corrie in weeks. Last time I watched, Gail couldn't remember anything. She's clearly ok now so it's about time they did that two-hander with Norris and Blanche, Eastenders-style (just not as grey and miserable).

Just read that Maggie Jones, who plays Blanche, hurt her knee and shoulder yesterday in Manchester and will be off work for two weeks.

*volunteers to fill in*
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 22:09
Watched David being sentenced this eve 4 months are they having a laugh!! that definitely not enough. His cell mate was ace though. I would be worried if I was David LOL
vw1983 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote vw1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 15:34
im glad that storyline is done, was kinda dragging on a bit i thought....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>